PDA

View Full Version : 416EX Possibilities

NickEMT
05-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey all,

I'm new to forum. I've been quadding for almost a year now and just got into modifying a couple months ago. I'm thinking about getting a Wiseco 416 kit. What else besides the kit and some engine assembly lube and hand tools would I need to put in this kit? Also how hard is it to install the kit? Would I have to change my jet settings? I have it dialed in perfectly to where I ride now (Las Vegas). I've heard the 416 is one of the easiest to install and most reliable big bore kits to get which is a major factor in me choosing one. Does anybody know about the proper way to break in the bike after the kit is installed?

Thanx a lot,

Nick

Phillburt57
05-29-2008, 01:20 PM
As far as tools go you will want to invest in some torque wrenches both ft. lbs and inch. lbs. Also get a service manual if you don't already have one. Yes you will need to re jet but it's not to bad. I broke mine in by heat cycling it running it up and down through the RPM's and then changing the oil. Also invest in some HD studs and a crf450 timing chain and maybe a stage 1 or 2 cam.

drew416ex
05-29-2008, 03:39 PM
You dont really have to have hd studs if you dont go over 11:1 compression. They are added insurance, but you really dont need them for that low of compression. And if you go with 11:1 I say stage 2 hotcam.

hornetgod13
05-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Since you'll have it apart anyways, go ahead and change the valve seals. They cost less than $5.00 for new ones. You'll need a valve spring compression tool. You can pick one up off ebay for around $20.00-$30.00