PDA

View Full Version : T-Maxx R/C Truck..Worth the money?

MotoRacer
11-29-2002, 12:13 PM
I went to the local hobbie shop today to look at r/c cars. I have been looking them up on the computer lately, and the T-Maxx seems most appealing. Does anyone have one of these? How are they, and are they worth the 500? It seems pretty sweet, but its either buy the T-Maxx, or put the money into my cannondale for "over the winter mods"...what is the best route to go? thanks.

Moto

11-29-2002, 12:21 PM
i have an rc car. I have the nitro ruistler. I used to be real big in it for like a year but i dont even use it anymore and it brakes way to easy. Everytime i ride it a bolt rattles out and something falls off or it goes out of range and takes off doin 40 into a curb then u always have to tinker with them. If u like them they are real fun but i just got bored with it. Its also real expensive between gas and batteries. Also if u wanna race u need a good controller were u can pick different frequencies which is like 200+. If u think u will enjoy it they are real fun but it just wasnt for me

quadman
11-29-2002, 01:19 PM
yeah man i recommend a electric, it is slower but i really wish i had my electric stampede back, i am stuck with a tmaxx and all it does is blows up or crashes , i hate it, to brittle

Sparks425Ex
11-29-2002, 01:40 PM
They take alot of money, time and work to keep them running good.

If you are gonna get an R/c vechile get a four stroke. They are sweet too. Or get the 4 stroke converions for the T Maxx.

Taco
11-29-2002, 01:49 PM
anybody know anything about this hoss?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCZW1&P=0

Z400central
11-29-2002, 01:50 PM
ive got a tmaxx with a .21 engine in it, xxxnt, and a rs4 rtr....i used to be into them a lot for about 2 years...then i just got bored...there fun when they run....but a PITA and $$ when they dont run....my wisest advice? get a E-Maxx...... ull have more fun...or if you have the $$ and patience, get nitro.

CHAUNCY
11-29-2002, 01:53 PM
I have an rc10gt and love it but it is kinda hard to start it after the engine gets hot. Would a starter box be easier for starting cuzz i think i could get my dad to buy me one for Christmas.
Try www.towerhobbies.com They probably have better prices. They can be fun. I remember when me and my bro and his friends used to stay in out backyard till midnight and work on the track. We had huge jumps. I built a kicker for it and all. Anyways i got my rc10gt for 200 bucks with a good remote from my bro's friends with a lot of extras. I will post a pic when i get a chance. I need advise on starting it hen it is hot and that stuff. Any help would be great. I heard they make a fan to keep the engine cool would this help make it easier to start ??? O ya i ahve a pull start. Sorry for the spelling if i mispelled alot.

CHAUNCY
11-29-2002, 01:55 PM
check out this jump with a rc10gt (gas powered)

CHAUNCY
11-29-2002, 01:59 PM
can even drive em in the snow if you prep em' properely.

MotoRacer
11-29-2002, 02:20 PM
so...is the t-maxx worth the 500$ to spend on it. I want to have a nice hobby for over the winter while i am waiting for spring to come along for riding season again...the choice is to either work on my quad with the 500$ or buy the t-maxx. I want something gas powered cause they seem nicer, and faster..anyone have any pictures of theirs? what kind of maintenance is required on them? Why do they break so easily? Are they hard to work on? thanks.

Moto

11-29-2002, 02:55 PM
There a pain in the *** in the winter, and dont buy a used one definetly cuz there could be a million and one things that is wrong or could go wrong. Make sure you know quite a buit about ewm cuz they can be a real pain in the ***.

ChadEXer
12-02-2002, 09:55 AM
Ive been watching this r\c stuff on TV and really been thinking about getting me a car and probably a plane too!!

HoNdAdude48
12-02-2002, 10:16 AM
Dude there worth it if your serious about keeping it and racing it after you got like a pipe, it will wake them up. I have a t-maxx with the silver and orange flame e-maxx body. i think mine is freakin bad! i would spend my money on it.

ChadEXer
12-02-2002, 10:54 AM
What about getting the Staduim truck or Buggy from towerhobbies.com with the torq 16 motor???? Are they any good?? They are ready to run and cost like $240????

YardDog24
12-02-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Taco
anybody know anything about this hoss?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCZW1&P=0

Im in the middle of my break in on this bad boy. I love it so far, a little cold blooded but a blast to run. I also have a Mad Force.....I would recommend it so far.... BUT Im still breaking it in.

http://64.57.211.62/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?;act=SC;c=3

Here is a great forum. All brands and makes.

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-02-2002, 11:51 AM
Anyone new to RC Cars, I would recommend buying a Team Losi XXX-NT RTR...they cost about $340, but a new one on eBay goes for around $300....it comes with a nice name brand radio, a fairly powerful motor (will satasify any newcomer to nitros), and the chassis/design is one of best in its class. Nitros aren't that bad, the key to keepin' them running is proper maintenance..they should last quite a long time if you treat them right.

http://www.teamlosi.com/newprod/2002pics/sportcollage2.jpg

Ford Motorsport
12-03-2002, 09:23 AM
if you are going to buy a R/C truck the size of the T-Maxx buy one of these.
http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/logos-kits/savagespl.jpg
My toy after a day of playing
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/p75b221e59406c26730770e73646453f2/fd024f9e.jpg

QuadTrix6
12-03-2002, 11:15 AM
nitro trucks get really dirty from the nitro engine and they get very messy. cleaning them is impossible without completly disassembeling them :rolleyes: id go with eletric, you can ride them on indoor tracks too, nitro you can't

wfo
12-03-2002, 11:21 AM
IF anyone here is seriosly thinking about getting into rc i got an awesome top-of the line race ready stadium truck for sale .....(need cash to get quad shocks) this truck has and will win races

I got a :

team losi xxxnt adam drake edition with:
picco .12 (insane fast 1 + hp) motor
2 digital 5925 hitec metal gears servos
hitec lynx 3d radio with spectra module
xxxtr novak reciever ---you have all 30 radio frequencys with no crystals
d cell sized ignitor
receiver batt pack
spare parts
starter box with 12 volt gell cell
novak ionic batt charger
raytek mini infared temp gun
plus other misc. stuff (i cant remeber right now at work)

this truck was used like 5-6 times and is MINT cond. everything you need to race. needs nothing ,like new ,over 1500 invested

its going on ebay in a few days

sell for $700.00

(i also got a hpi micro rs4 highly modded for sale)

phatswinn
12-03-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by QuadMX18
i have an rc car. I have the nitro ruistler. I used to be real big in it for like a year but i dont even use it anymore and it brakes way to easy. Everytime i ride it a bolt rattles out and something falls off or it goes out of range and takes off doin 40 into a curb then u always have to tinker with them. If u like them they are real fun but i just got bored with it. Its also real expensive between gas and batteries. Also if u wanna race u need a good controller were u can pick different frequencies which is like 200+. If u think u will enjoy it they are real fun but it just wasnt for me

i had a nitro hawk same thing happened to me exept it ran into a mailbox poll and bent bent the skid on half

Moto92
12-03-2002, 11:47 AM
I used to have a TMaxx. My friend and I made a track for them.
Its a very cool and fast truck but just like everything else when the new wears off its not that fun anymore. I was going to the hoddy shop every weekend to replace a broken part and nothing about them is cheap. Plus getting those engines tuned just right to make them run the way you want them to is a pain. So they are cool for a while but now I wish I had all the money back that I spend on the dang thing. I ended up selling mine with all it extra parts and addons for $500.