PDA

View Full Version : kfx vs ltr

ryansblaster
05-28-2008, 09:58 PM
How does the kfx compare to the ltr for mx? Is the suspension ready for mx?Could i race it stock except tether.nerfs? I am 200lbs 5'11

Kawi_41
05-29-2008, 12:10 PM
stock for stock: LTR > *

The Kawi will compete with it just fine after you widen it out, but the Kawi is just too narrow to corner fast enough on an MX track. A good set of a-arms and adjustable rear axle and it's ready to go though.

born2ride14
06-02-2008, 05:45 AM
If you are trying to pick wich one. I would go with the kawi, just for the reverse gear. You cant buy a reverse kit for the ltr. But you you can buy a arms for the kfx. Trust me i LOOOOVVVE the Ltr's, but the reverse gear will always come in handy.

ryansblaster
06-02-2008, 05:34 PM
what about power?

450raider
06-02-2008, 08:32 PM
i agree with the other posts so far if your gonna stay stock anyway id go ltr but if your gonna invest i say kfx, you can always buy aarms for the kawi but not reverse for a zuke, and as for power, as much as other brand "enthusiasts" (to put it nicely) dont wanna admit it the kawi motor can hang with the others in any element - the trick is getting it there, kawi made the bottom end rediculously strong for regular trails because they know that the majority of buyers who buy a 450 will never race it....

hope this somewhat helped

BLU82
06-03-2008, 01:41 PM
I race mx with mine and I'm the points leader in production C, so I'd say the kfx does just fine stock. Of course it's more the rider than the quad, but you already know that I hope:D

Drewltr450
06-04-2008, 05:27 PM
you will never get a straight answer form anyone many people have said this before you came to a kfx forum and asked if its better than the ltr of course your gona get that the kfx is better and if u went to an ltr forum and asked you would get an answer that said that the ltr is better.