PDA

View Full Version : Help on painting my frame...

chris_bchs2007
05-28-2008, 08:42 PM
hey guys, so i just got a 400ex about a month ago... its a good running quad, but hasnt been takin too much care of, so its sort of a fixer upper.... ive already changed the oil, replaced bearing all the way around, and put new tires on it... the next thing i wanna do is paint the frame... but ive never taken a quad apart before and one of my buddies helped me changed the bearing and stuff... so i was wondering if anyone has seen a tutorial that helps you dismantle a 400ex and maybe help you put it back together?

any help is much appreciated... ill post some before pictures of the quad, and then as i get more stuff done, post afters...

also, what kind of paint would work best on the frame? i want to do it in a rust oleum satin black, but im afraid dust will stick on it like glue...

Honda#4
05-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Buy a Clymer manual that will show you where everything goes back. It's really kinda of easy though whatever bolts you take off put back on where they came off of if that makes any sense. Take pics if something looks confusing.

f4istunna
05-29-2008, 05:10 PM
400's are pretty simple to tear down and get back together. I changed colors on one of ours probably 5 or 6 times so far lol. Get yourself a manual like said above. Its good to have if you get stuck on something.

As far as paint, ive had good luck w/ tractor paint, rustoleum is good too.

I used that spray on bedliner on a few of my bumpers and nerfs it holds up pretty good too. Havent tried it on a frame yet.

hondarider101
05-29-2008, 05:19 PM
yea and every bolt u take off put in a bga and lable where it goes.. makes re asembley a lot faster