PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Ohio for the Summer - Places to Ride? (MX)

fandl450r
05-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Well I finally graduated college, and with that have landed myself a pretty awesome job. With that comes a 3 month stay in Ohio, Westlake to be exact.

I was curious if anyone could point me in the direction of any good MX tracks, races, etc. Maybe some riding buddies?

-Fandl-

Nick110
05-28-2008, 07:19 PM
I dont know where that place is in Ohio, but if its in Northern Ohio Ill meet up with you at some track thats inbetween us and ride.

BlasterEaten250
05-28-2008, 07:36 PM
I think dirtwheels has a where to ride in ohio article in the newest issue.

killerofcrows48
05-28-2008, 07:54 PM
This will help a little bit...

HERE (http://www.pitracer.com/general-content.php?pageid=13)

woodsman250r
05-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Dude I have a lot of tracks near my house, one being right across the road and the other about 5 min away or so. If you have ever watched Heuvos 4, Beans bike park and the XC scene filmed at Crow Canyon are both right by my house. I can see crow canyon from my front yard and Beans is out the road. Also there is broken spokes, lightning, Malvern, Scenic Highlands and so on. I live in Tuscarawas county and if you need an idea of where to ride send me a PM.

baldwinmx450r
05-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Beans bike park is dirt bike only unless you are filming. senic highlands is sold to a new owner and is currently not running practice or races. Briarcliff MX in newark is he closest thing to a national track you will find in ohio. Ohio sucks for finding a quad friendly track to ride on reguarly ( except for the cliff) and if you're in central ohio like me expect an hour+ drive to ride

blacknblue#2
05-28-2008, 09:50 PM
I live in the wrong part of the state. Im right down on the river in good ol gods country adams county haha and we got Earlywines indoor right across the river but the closest outdoor track is New Vienna Motorsports which is about an hour drive

mxraptor149
05-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Malvern is a good track but their practices are few and far between. They only offer practice on Wednesdays of all days, and only those days when there is no race at the track that weekend are open.

Ohio Valley Motorsports (formerly Spring Valley) just re-opened after a track re-design. They are open Fridays and Saturdays.

Both these tracks are in NE Ohio, so that's about as close to Westlake as you can get.

Ram Jam is an indoor track that is pretty close to Westlake, but it's fairly expensive to ride there.

Outlaw is near Malvern (in Waynesburg) and is an ok track when it's not muddy and has been disced.

Crow is a great place when it's not busy.

All these tracks you should be able to find on the link for Pitracer. I''ll be renovating my private track this Monday/Tuesday in Streetsboro (25 miles from Cleveland), so if you're looking for a place to ride I'm always looking for people to ride with. It's small, but it's free.

quad59
05-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Beans lets quads ride open practice. Check pitracer out its the best for ohio info.. list is Amherst meadowlarks,ram jam,malvern,ovm,lightning,crow canyon,beans,battlesburg,pymatuning, all have some good and bad points...

fandl450r
06-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Bump :) Just arrived in Ohio yesterday.

Warnerade
06-13-2008, 12:11 PM
wherever the hell your at...I live in northwest Ohio and go to michigan just about every single weekend for district 14 tracks. There is some bad *** tracks up there.

TWISTED DINLI
06-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
I live in the wrong part of the state. Im right down on the river in good ol gods country adams county haha and we got Earlywines indoor right across the river but the closest outdoor track is New Vienna Motorsports which is about an hour drive

blacknblue#2 do u go to New Vienna Motorsports often? i live 15 min away from it. i ride there a lot. not this year bc i broke my arm but i will b going there sometime soon. we should meet up so we can ride. did u race there at all last year?