PDA

View Full Version : Tire size difference?

CRE Performance
05-28-2008, 03:26 PM
I tried this on the R.org with no response. How bout here?

Ive bought a new set of 20x11x8 rear tires, not gonna get into a brand pissing match here. However, I have a 3" circumference difference from tire to tire. Anybody ever ran into this? Tried to get company assistance? What was the outcome? Ive rode on the tires for about 30 miles, and it pulls pretty hard one way or another when you get into the power. Didnt realize there was an issue until they were mounted and rode. I only seated them with 20psi on brand new wheels (went smoothly), and Ive also tried putting 20 psi into it and laying it in the sun for 8 hours, it only grew 1" (I had a 4" difference).

ccdhowell
05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
That would make a big difference on any hard terrain. I'd think the tire company or the place you bought them would make good. I'd bet one tire is much older than the other. Look for numbers on the tire, like DOT numbers on car tires, actually I've never noticed numbers on an atv tire, but look and call the company with them, see if they can decifer a date difference or place of manufactor difference that would account for the size difference. I would think they would rush to make good on it, hope I'm right in the end.

CRE Performance
06-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Just an update for those interested....

These tires werent manufactured by anyone! They have BKT on one side, and Duro on the other (also the add in Parts Unlimited called them Duro AT-111). I contacted Duro through email and they told me they cant do anything because these were not thier tires, they are BKT's (I felt like a real tard). So I contacted BKT and they said they I needed to contact Duro. WTF do I do now?

400exrider707
06-03-2008, 06:28 PM
PM heading your way....