PDA

View Full Version : stock pipe w/ Hetrick power-up kit, etc.

FMF450R
05-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Hey guys,

I have a '05 Pred 90 w/ the Hetrick power-up kit & exhaust. The pipe is WAY TOO LOUD!! I also have a 24mm carb/cable, clutch springs, air filter, etc. What am I gonna lose if I put the stock exhaust back on it? I kno I have to re-jet, but how much slower will it be? will it be THAT much? Will the difference be quite noticable? I am having issues quieting it down, nothing avail as an alternative. I am gonna try the db dawg, but if that doesn't work, I will be considering going back to stock since he doesn't race it, just trail riding.

05-28-2008, 01:06 PM
you will lose about 30 percent horsepower even if you knock out the baffle. you could try to trade your pipe for a koso. koso is about the best pipe on the market. thats my opion Coleton Cheeseman Racing #550 4 time champion two time ama flat track champ in indiana

FMF450R
05-28-2008, 03:34 PM
I hear the Koso pipe is even LOUDER than the Hetrick. I'm trying to avoid having a loud pipe. Has anyone used the db Dawg? If the power loss it that much, I may have to reconsider the stock pipe.

Has anyone added a Sparky spark arrestor on their pipe? I would consider welding one onto the H pipe if it helps. I was told to weld a turn down onto the muffler & see if that works.

...this exhaust will be the death of me!!

camsdad
05-29-2008, 08:11 AM
we have a series that you must run a spark arrestor,i have cut the silencer off of several hetrick pipe and put fmf turbine core for the cr 85 on them and it quietens them down a considerable amount plus seems make more power...

FMF450R
05-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by camsdad
we have a series that you must run a spark arrestor,i have cut the silencer off of several hetrick pipe and put fmf turbine core for the cr 85 on them and it quietens them down a considerable amount plus seems make more power...

I will look into that, THANX MUCH!
what year CR85 do I look for?
any other details info would be great!!
again thanx much.

camsdad
05-29-2008, 09:17 PM
actually the first one i done was with a stock cr85 silencer,it worked so good i done a couple more with the fmf ....it doesnt really matter what yr youre gonna cut the pipe off close to flush with the front and weld it to the hetrick pipe............ebay would be the best place to look..