PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

red_rider_069
05-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Gas Has Been Going Up a Ton Here Where I live.. it was about 25 bucks to get 5 gallons of premium.. and i took about 4 gallons of it and mixed it with 1 g. of race fuel.. i use to go 50/50 but with gas going up i needa save every penny i got if i wanna get a 450 in september.. I Dont know how much gas is else where but it high as heck here.. AND DIESEL IS 5.65.. I NED E85 NEAR ME
LET US KNOW HOW MUCH GAS IS IN YOU AREA :D ...:grr:

Speedy 400ex
05-28-2008, 02:06 PM
ya its all most 4 (like 3.80)bucks for regular down here in San Diego. I isent going to stay that way or go down sadly:mad:

Speedy 400ex
05-28-2008, 02:07 PM
i wouldent mind swiching to E85 eather.

Phillburt57
05-28-2008, 02:22 PM
4.37 for a gallon of premium over Memorial weekend.

madmax400ex
05-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Between 3.95 - 4.05 a gallon in northeast ohio, and this is really starting to suck.

Hondamaster5505
05-28-2008, 03:04 PM
$3.95 for 87 here, and $5.89 for diesel.

I want to move to Venezula where it's like $.12 a gallon or some crap, lmao.

Ridings one of the cheapest sports though, thats what I like about it. (This doesn't include buying aftermarket stuff, lol)

Hell, when we want to go boating, the boat takes $300 in gas alone, and burns 5gph at cruising speed, never mind the huge arse dually truck that takes $120 in gas and gets 10mpg...
:ermm:

So theres $420 off the bat, nevermind eating, etc.

The government can't keep letting these prices go higher, or people are really going to start mass rioting. The gas is affecting everything and ruining our economy. Then Hilary is there blaming the oil companies, when in fact the government takes more profit from a gallon of gas the the oil companies do.

I have a feeling we're also using the middle east for all its worth. They have about 50-60 years until their oil supply runs out, then we'll be the leading country and people will be depending on us for oil. In Alaska theres enough oil to last 200 years, nevermind the others areas of the US.

Just my view on the subject

leasureryan
05-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Gas prices will continue to go up until GW Bush is out of office. Did anyone think for even a second that he wasn't going to line his pockets as thick as he could before he has no say in it anymore?...lol

Hondamaster5505
05-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan
Gas prices will continue to go up until GW Bush is out of office. Did anyone think for even a second that he wasn't going to line his pockets as thick as he could before he has no say in it anymore?...lol

Yeah, and im sure Hilary or Obama will be much better:rolleyes:

Bush may not be the best president ever, but he isn't the worst either.

And blame the government on the gas prices. Not bush. The gov. takes so much profit from gas its not even funny. Then hilary has the balls to blame oil companies for it.

By the time they go through the process of getting the oil, they barely make any profit off of it. The government takes more profit then the oil companies.

red_rider_069
05-28-2008, 05:18 PM
last year i thoughthat 3 bucks a gallon was a ton back then.. now it seems cheap as heck.. i think its conspiracy.. there gonna raise prices then drop them to where we feel that 5 bucks a gallon seems cheap to us.. and so on.. cause 3 buck a gollaon felt like a ton last year.. and now it seems so much cheaper.. get hat i mean?:grr:

red_rider_069
05-28-2008, 05:23 PM
in mexico there are stations that sell 93octane magnum(same as premium).. its about $.83 a liter for the magnum which is under 3 bucks a gallon .. dig this.. the gas says magnum usa.. and it costs twice as much here.. whats all that bs about?
:confused:

whitebros400
05-28-2008, 05:37 PM
IN TN WHERE I LIVE IT IS 3.85 FOR 85 AND 4.57 FOR DIESEL

BossHogg420
05-28-2008, 07:11 PM
oil companies are making a pretty penny chevron just reported a 1st quarter profit of $5.17 billion despite an increase in prices. we should blame the gov for taking pay offs from corporate lobbyists. our government has turned into a joke nothing but corporate prostitutes, open to the highest bidder. And yes, you can blame bush and his political cabinet...their all involved and are highly invested in the oil industry among other things and are making too much off of the oil. here's just a simple article explaining the situation that's been present since he took office in 2000. if your still interested research the topic, there are a lot of secret ties politicians don't want the general public to know

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1138009.stm

cbrown
05-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Im in mass and we are at 3.99

Dball
05-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Here in Ontario its a $1.30 a litre for REG so roughly about $5.20 a gallon

Speedy 400ex
05-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Dball
Here in Ontario its a $1.30 a litre for REG so roughly about $5.20 a gallon

dang u must be hirting:eek2:

red_rider_069
05-28-2008, 10:54 PM
the most poweful country in the world seems likes its fallin to me.. everytime i hear aobut the economy going bad i think of the roamn empire.. it was once the best and strong empire.. but notihng lasts for ever..:ermm: ..

BossHogg420
05-28-2008, 11:23 PM
tell me about it!

red_rider_069
05-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by BossHogg420
tell me about it! there is a huge danger in everything we do.. mainly ride:mad:

TheNewn
05-29-2008, 05:01 AM
It's 4.35 or something here for regular (87 octane) and 4.65 or something for Premium, and for diesel its 4.90 about.

In Southeast Alaska (on an island).

As a side note, i find it absolutely hilarious that someone thinks the oil companies are 'barely making anything'....hah...

red_rider_069
05-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by TheNewn
It's 4.35 or something here for regular (87 octane) and 4.65 or something for Premium, and for diesel its 4.90 about.

As a side note, i find it absolutely hilarious that someone thinks the oil companies are 'barely making anything'....hah... yea i know.. they must be making tons.. enough to buy honda co.

Dball
05-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Speedy 400ex
dang u must be hirting:eek2:

Yeah its tough especially since I just bought a new Ram with a Hemi but the upside is the truck was cheap, and the oil companys are making record profits up here 5 billion in just the first quarter thats just for Petro Canada alone

red_rider_069
05-29-2008, 01:31 PM
lol today in my goverment class we were doing our news notes.. and i guess our town.. portola,ca was in the new for havin ghte highest gas prices in the state of ca. if fricken nuts.. cuz 30 mins away its like 50 cents cheaper.. in oth dirrection on hwy 70 :mad: .. its affecting me the most :ermm:

txredxj
05-29-2008, 02:25 PM
another reason the gas is going up is all the new wells they are drilling. i work in the oil feild and a rig can cost 120,000-300,000 a day to run. so you cant blame the goverment completely.

400exBRAAP
05-29-2008, 05:08 PM
$4.04/gal of 87 oct. for 2 days in a row. $5.05 for diesel. Lowville, NY

Hondamaster5505
05-29-2008, 05:12 PM

As a side note, i find it absolutely hilarious that someone thinks the oil companies are 'barely making anything'....hah...

yes, as a whole they make a lot, but they really only make around $.15 - $.20 a gallon, while the government makes about anywhere from $.50 to $1.00 a gallon for gas.

So as a whole, the oil companies make a huge sum of money, but per gallon they make way less profit then the government.

So screw hilary, blaming the oil companies. Its the government whos really taking most of the profit on tax.

my88r
05-29-2008, 05:20 PM
i haven't rode since the beginning of spring. i usually ride every weekend. i guess racing is out of the question.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DementeD
05-29-2008, 05:29 PM
^ i really think ur backwards..from my understanding the gov. only makes .18 a gallon

and the oil companies are definitely making billions of profit..
so as far as the new drilling..thats garbage..they are over charging us way to much
i mean how do u make 100billion in PROFIT and say ur NOT overcharging?? i mean jesus christ..

and yes the gov is letting this happen its ridiculous..

im sure most people here are down right american and are all about this country..

and ive been born n raised here..im a white american..but

really i can say i do NOT like this country....its total bs..
the public is blind and the gov just walks all over us..

i feel horrible for the people fighting for this worthless country..to come home and get treated like they're nobody important..

seeing vietnam war vets homeless and is that going to change for the new soldiers?? nope..we dont do anything for the soldiers..but yet we can send money and aid to other countries n take care of them..

and as someone said..they think of the Roman Empire etc..
well..reality is..history only repeats it self..and ALL of the greatest countries have fallen..one way or another..

so its only time before the "great" america is ...mexico? and the mexicans are jumping the border to get back in mexico..haha

its sickening that we do it to our self..while everyone sits around either knowing or blind and either way..nothin will change..how can u change the gov? its suppose to be the people choose but what can u choose everyone in the gov is the same..so u cant change much?..change from bush to another clinton?...the president isnt important..they are just spokesmen for america..and freedom? bull****..we dont have freedom thats another lie to keep us blind people happy..we're ignorant and its killing us..

ugh..ok im done..sry if i started a bunch of bs..but really its reality..and im sure just like the general public no one will believe it..and argue differently..but thats just how blind we are... :D

Hondamaster5505
05-29-2008, 05:52 PM
To tell you the truth,

everyone knows that the sun will eventually super nova and destroy the earth and basically our whole little solar system. In a billions of years though.

Well, heres my two theories on why we won't have to experience that:

1) We would of killed ourselves with nuclear war and politics before that ever happens.

2) Our technology would be so far advanced, we could probably literally move to another planet in a another whole solar system.

Now, as much as I hope it doesn't happen, im almost positive number 1 will happen before number 2 would. Probably not in my lifetime, but I see it happening.

We really need to step it up, start drilling in the US, and fix our economy before we start to go crazy and destroy the united states slowly.

And as far as the 100 billion dollar comment..

OF COURSE they make that much. THE WHOLE WORLD buys gas, and there are probably millions of gas stations. Think about it, they make so little profit, but it does add up when all these people buy it.

I still blame the government for most of the prices. Our government is corrupt.

BossHogg420
05-29-2008, 10:45 PM
don't be surprised of the implementation of globalism and a new world order in the years to come, the constitution and what little freedom we have left will but nothing but another ch. in the history books.

hjmdoo
05-29-2008, 11:04 PM

What town are you in? In Wasilla its like $4.16 for 87.

TheNewn
05-29-2008, 11:26 PM
look right under my name on the left

red_rider_069
05-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by DementeD
^ i really think ur backwards..from my understanding the gov. only makes .18 a gallon

and the oil companies are definitely making billions of profit..
so as far as the new drilling..thats garbage..they are over charging us way to much
i mean how do u make 100billion in PROFIT and say ur NOT overcharging?? i mean jesus christ..

and yes the gov is letting this happen its ridiculous..

im sure most people here are down right american and are all about this country..

and ive been born n raised here..im a white american..but

really i can say i do NOT like this country....its total bs..
the public is blind and the gov just walks all over us..

i feel horrible for the people fighting for this worthless country..to come home and get treated like they're nobody important..

seeing vietnam war vets homeless and is that going to change for the new soldiers?? nope..we dont do anything for the soldiers..but yet we can send money and aid to other countries n take care of them..

and as someone said..they think of the Roman Empire etc..
well..reality is..history only repeats it self..and ALL of the greatest countries have fallen..one way or another..

so its only time before the "great" america is ...mexico? and the mexicans are jumping the border to get back in mexico..haha

its sickening that we do it to our self..while everyone sits around either knowing or blind and either way..nothin will change..how can u change the gov? its suppose to be the people choose but what can u choose everyone in the gov is the same..so u cant change much?..change from bush to another clinton?...the president isnt important..they are just spokesmen for america..and freedom? bull****..we dont have freedom thats another lie to keep us blind people happy..we're ignorant and its killing us..

ugh..ok im done..sry if i started a bunch of bs..but really its reality..and im sure just like the general public no one will believe it..and argue differently..but thats just how blind we are... :D i agree.. nothing lasts for ever.. and as good as it seems our greedyness is part of most of our economy going down the drain.. and the war on "terror" gwbush" that son of a bit** and other are ruining it:mad: just as much as we are

txredxj
05-30-2008, 07:14 AM
how can you say that new drilling is garbage? were i work 75-80% of the companies profit is from technology (new drilling technology) and not actually oil services.

Bounce400ex
05-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by BossHogg420
don't be surprised of the implementation of globalism and a new world order in the years to come, the constitution and what little freedom we have left will but nothing but another ch. in the history books.

+1

sc400ex_rider
05-30-2008, 09:54 AM
well i will chime in, first off you can blame the liberal democrates for not letting us drill anywhere. they want to protect the birds and polar bears so what if we die. china is exploring for oil off the coast of florida and russias are surveying the arctic for oil in ower us territories. ted kennedy dont want windmills of the coast of massachusetts cause it might block his view. the US makes up 6% or the worlds population but consumes 25% of the worlds energy.

next lets talk about the real problem. china and india are coming on line, we are talking about 2 billion people all wanting to get around to, everybody loves too drive. but here is the kicker i seen last night where a guy was driving to mexico for diesel, its only 2$ a gallon there. what they said is mexico gas was state owned and subsidised by the govmt. they also said that china and india are both state owned petro companies so they are still paying like $1-$2 a gallon for gas. but they are buying oil on the open market and losing alot of mony. they said that the india petro could be losing 100 million dollars a DAY. so as ower comsumtion has gone down 5% theres has increased. also stated was in 10 years 40% of ower(US) corn production could be used for ethanol leaving alot of the world hungry. we export alot of food and almost feed the world. it looks like were tired of getting it stuck to us and maybe going to stick it to them. so it might be a bumpy road ahead. maybe even going to war over oil maybe we already have.
i can remember filling my warrior with premium for $2.25 and riding all day. now it take almost $10 to fill the ex.

Misfit138
05-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Here in North Carolina gas is 4.75 for 93.Gas prices suck!!!!:mad:

DementeD
05-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by txredxj
how can you say that new drilling is garbage? were i work 75-80% of the companies profit is from technology (new drilling technology) and not actually oil serves.
im not sayin its garbage in what ur doing..but saying that the prices need to go up so high because of it..i think is bs...

and as far as the 100billion in profit..yea thats after everyone is paid..FROM ONE COMPANY...thats not ALL THE OIL in the world..just one company...and thats once again..profit..thats after every thing is said n done..they have 100billion in ONE year to do whatever they want with...so yea i think its bs..i think that everything is going down hill cuz of this ****..we are being raped..

people drive less n less now but yet still record PROFITS..understand that this means..they are makin MORE money from their oil then before..

so its not as if they are doing more sales..which is in turn makin more profit..
they are actually selling less gallons of gasoline but yet makin more profit..that means they COULD lower the price still make a great profit and have all bills paid
but they choose not to..instead the world goes down the drain cuz of it..

what happens when americans cant afford to play anymore?? we cant buy the luxuries that keep the rest of the world working..

once we start only buying the necessities ie food/shelter and stop buyin atv's fancy clothes computers ipods etc ..whats goin to happen to the rest of the world that makes this stuff....they will lose too ...

kilgoja
05-30-2008, 03:49 PM
gas was $4.15 for 93 octane this weekend...at chevron....here in bama.....it's only gonna go up guys....it's not gonna go back down....sorry to say....it will be over $5 by july i bet.....one thing that i have noticed...is like they used to charge 10cents extra for every step up in octane...like 87 would be $3 then 89 would be $3.10 and 93 $3.20....but now they jump way up like 20cents between them all so now 87 is like $4 and 93 is $4.50......or something like that....what's up with that?...seriously though...if oil companies are making 100 billion a year or whatever....they could cut that in half and still be super rich....it's just rediculous....they should just go ahead and change all the cars to electric cars and get it over with.....lol

TheNewn
05-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by sc400ex_rider
the US makes up 6% or the worlds population but consumes 25% of the worlds energy.

I'm not sure exactly where you're going with this little statistic? It's not accurate any more.

The world has over 6.5 billion now, And we have a bit over 300 million? That is not 6%

We have a bit over 4.5% now, roughly. And because China (and India) are growing so much, I doubt we are consuming 25% of the worlds resources anymore.

You say that statistic as if it is a bad thing, yet you want to drill more oil? I'm not 'anti' drilling, it just seems contradicting to me.

Also, its spelled OUR, now OWER.

burnthesnikle
05-30-2008, 04:34 PM
i say f-off to whoever is making the money on gas!

everyone points the finger at someone else...

how will we ever solve any of this?

we can't because f-ing people wont work together on this so we will keep b-i-t-c-h-i-n-g about it...

plunge
05-30-2008, 11:52 PM
4.17 for 87 octane and 4.39 for 93

xcavater
05-31-2008, 09:04 AM
I bought my quad so I could enjoy a motorsport cheaply.
My boat uses 25 gallons/ hour.
I welcome spending 25 dollars a weekend comparatively.
I miss going out on the boat and running all weekend

kilgoja
05-31-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by xcavater
I bought my quad so I could enjoy a motorsport cheaply.
My boat uses 25 gallons/ hour.
I welcome spending 25 dollars a weekend comparatively.
I miss going out on the boat and running all weekend

25 gallons/hr....geez...what kind of engine u got in that thing?...that's rediculous!!!

xcavater
05-31-2008, 05:45 PM
twin 350 chevys

plunge
05-31-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by xcavater
twin 350 chevys

that thing really sucks some gas, i couldn't imagine trying to afford to take it out for a weekend now.

Drewltr450
05-31-2008, 08:08 PM
In 2005 when gas was "cheap" (compard to now) exxon mobile in one year reported a PROFIT of 9.6 billion dollars. Thats after they pay for all of the exspensis for drilling transport ect... Thats pretty rediculous if u ask me. Just imagine what they are making now when gas is now double what it was in 05. Someone needs to do something gas is now going up 1cent a day on average and its not expected to stop rising.

TheNewn
05-31-2008, 08:22 PM
But guys....Oil companies aren't making very much money!...HAH!...

red_rider_069
06-01-2008, 07:50 PM
went riding yesterday.. took 10 dolllars to fill up my quad.. :S.. its crazy.. haha.. and ma pal i went riding with is running race fuel.. hich is 112 octane and it costs about 50 bucks for 5 gallons at the shop :mad:

sparksmakefire
06-02-2008, 01:45 AM
oil companys are deff screwing us over... i was tlaking to a guy that works on the gulf at a refinery and they loaded a ship exporting oil to south africa 4 days later the EXACT same boat came back importing oil from south africa... now tell me how that ship made it from the gulf to south africa and back in 4 days??? they are taking oil into international waters destroyingthe paperwork making new paperwork and selling the oil back to themselves making profit, screwing the US citizens, and running the country downhill in a hurry! if i remember correctly it cost 35 cents a gallon to make gas so why the hell is it almost 5 bucks a gallon? my parents drive a semi and freight rates are dropping, but yet prices are going up, and fuel rates are going up.

2quic
06-02-2008, 04:49 AM
not that i disagree with what you guys are saying about the oil companies and the profits that they are making,

but, just as a reality check,

petrol last week jumped to $2.00nzd a litre, so by my calculations about $9.00nzd a gallon, correct me if I'm wrong. So $5.00 a gallon sounds great to me.

Just my .02c

red_rider_069
06-02-2008, 09:28 AM
lol.. guys chill.. this is not a political party arguement.. it's post your gas prices.. and btw deisel here is up to 5.36 and 91 is 4.79..:mad:

red_rider_069
06-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by 2quic
not that i disagree with what you guys are saying about the oil companies and the profits that they are making,

but, just as a reality check,

petrol last week jumped to $2.00nzd a litre, so by my calculations about $9.00nzd a gallon, correct me if I'm wrong. So $5.00 a gallon sounds great to me.

Just my .02c where'd youh ear this?

2quic
06-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Christchurch, New Zealand, the other side of the world

triple b
06-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Higher gas prices = less people on the road / trail
It sucks but I am OK with it......I get home to my kids a lot quicker now.

stalefish_132
06-02-2008, 10:27 PM
price of gas sucks here 1.36L for 87 and 1.43L for diesel. i just buy stright 100LL AV gas for 1.55L. even so i can ride all day for under $20 on my quad vs. in winter i can burn $60-70 of gas in the sled in a day.

red_rider_069
06-03-2008, 09:42 AM
oh.. wo your from other side of the world

bigballz400
06-03-2008, 07:49 PM
3.89 for 87 4.09 for 91 desiel is qat 4.89

rodeo#11
06-04-2008, 09:43 PM
gas went up from 3.83 to 3.95 for 87 over memorial day weekend here in west, nc now its staying around 3.89... thankfully i got rid of my v8 ram just in time

red_rider_069
06-04-2008, 11:51 PM
right now here its 5.29 for diesel and 4.79 for premium.. its nuts

AZ440ex
06-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by red_rider_069
right now here its 5.29 for diesel and 4.79 for premium.. its nuts

::eek: :eek2: :eek: :eek2: :mad:
I'm sorry man, thats makes our 3.70 for reg and 4.79 for diesel look good

red_rider_069
06-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by AZ440ex
::eek: :eek2: :eek: :eek2: :mad:
I'm sorry man, thats makes our 3.70 for reg and 4.79 for diesel look good sure does.. im moving down to Arizona to study at MMI phoenix.. i found some e85 stastions so i will hopefully convert.. its and average of 17-20% diffrence from premium gas down in the Az area

06-06-2008, 01:06 PM
i'm wondering how high gas will be tonight or tomorrow because watching the stock market man the $ per barrel went up crazy today.

MAKO19
06-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Gas just went down 4 cents here in south jersey from yesturday to today. Let's hope it continues.

red_rider_069
06-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by MAKO19
Gas just went down 4 cents here in south jersey from yesturday to today. Let's hope it continues. i hope somthing happens here...

Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
i'm wondering how high gas will be tonight or tomorrow because watching the stock market man the $ per barrel went up crazy today. i know its insane.. so dumb.. nad theres no clear anwser to it