PDA

View Full Version : whats she worth? to part out or not?

rigger
05-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Have not decided for sure yet, but thinking of selling my Banshee. If I do, should I sell her as a complete machine or part her out. I would rather not part her out but if it brought that much more money, then I would.

Here is what she is.....

2000 Banshee. Still running stock motor with about 120psi on both sides. Pro-circuit pipes and silencers, boost bottle, jetted, opened up air box. Fairly new clutch, new chain and sprokets, new brake pads. Flushed and replaced all fluids. New swing arm bearings, New bushings in the front a-arms. New Tusk nerf bars, beat up Armadillo front bumper, Douglas rims that are a little dinged up but roll straight and true. Front tires are off of a 400EX, rear tires are Pure Sport Bandits that I cut to get better traction. Tires are 90% tread left. Good seat and seat cover. Plastics are ok but not perfect. They do show 8 years of riding.

This bike runs great and is really fast. Mechanicly fine.

What do you think she is worth as a whole and what do you think she would bring parted out?

There are four other Banshees in my area for sale right now that are all in the $3500 range +.

Just looking for your opinions.

Hondamaster5505
05-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Why do you want to sell it? Didn't you just buy it?

You really don't have enough aftermarket to make parting out worth while. Try selling as a whole first then if all else fails, part it out.

I would be intrested in the following if you parted out:

Stock head
plastics
douglas rims

What color are the plastics? Are the rims offset?

rigger
05-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Yea, I bought it not to long ago. It is a really fun machine to ride but I am faster in the woods on my 400EX so I really want to find something else like it. My wife really wants to switch back to bikes so maybe I will sell both and we may go back to two wheels. Not sure yet.

If I part it out, I probably wont split up the motor. It runs to good to take apart. I would sell the motor complete.

I will let you know if I part it out.

Hondamaster5505
05-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Well, it definitely sounds like your a hardcore trail guy.

Basing only on that, I think you should sell the banshee AND the 400ex, and look for a used 700 raptor. Best trail bikes made IMHO. Fast as hell too, just a different fast, like smack the gas at 2000rpm and pull type fast.

Banshee's are by far one of my favorite quads, but I will admit, they arent the BEST trail quad ever. Im faster in the woods on my 400ex by a little bit, the banshee just takes a little more muscling. But for coalmines and such, the banshee is king

By percentage, how much riding of each thing would you say you do?

rigger
05-28-2008, 07:30 PM
98% trails. 1% track time. 1% everything else. Yes I am a hard core trail guy.

Love the Banshee in the trails too. I think it is a blast to ride. I just am a lot faster in the my 400EX. My wife has been riding the 400 so that is why I was wanting to find another one to set up for the woods too. Or maybe a Raptor. I would rather have a 700 but what ever I get for the Banshee is all I have to replace it with something else. I know I won't be able to get a 700 for what I will probably end up getting for the Banshee. I know I could make the Banshee a better trail machine that it is now but I really do not feal like dumping the money into it to make it what I want.

JTRAPTOR660
06-02-2008, 01:46 PM
if you decide to part it out i have a buddy that is looking to buy a motor. let me know when you decide and how much.

rigger
06-02-2008, 02:21 PM
I have it up for sale right now. A couple of people are interested in it.

How much is a complete good running motor worth?

If I part it out, I was thinking of selling it in three parts.

Sell the motor as a complete running package, motor, carbs, airbox pipes wiring and cooling system. Everything you would need to turn a rolling chassis into a good running machine.

Then sell off the plastics as a complete kit with front and rear fenders, seat.

Then move the frame as a complete rolling chassis. Frame, with all brakes, suspension wheel and tires and so fourth.

Do you think this would work to sell it off like this and how much do you think it would pull like that? I really don't want to sell it as a ton of parts.

Thanks for the input guys.

Hondamaster5505
06-02-2008, 03:08 PM
You'll make less money that way. Parting everything completely will bring the most money.

Hell, I was thinking of parting mine out to buy a complete running one a while back, so I posted on craigslist as a partout.

You wouldn't BELIEVE how many people called me for different parts. I had to tell every one of them that I decided not to part out.

If you do part the engine, cylinders alone go for a lot on ebay. Id be intrested in the crank:D

JTRAPTOR660
06-03-2008, 08:17 AM
not real sure what a motor is worth never bought one used. i do know that all my buddy needs right now is running motor w/carbs.

rigger
06-03-2008, 04:27 PM
I want to try and sell it as a complete machine first. At least give it a little time.

Ask him what he would be willing to pay for a complete running motor and carbs. If he still has stock pipes, then make motor, carbs and pipes as a package.

My motor is real tight and runs great.

See what he says and I will keep it in the back of my mind. If I do decide to part it out then I will let you know.

rigger
06-04-2008, 04:58 AM
did a little digging on ebay, found a couple of complete stock motors going for like 1200. Just the motors no other parts.

If it does not sell or at least get good bites then I think I will start the part out. I have to be kind of sure what I will get out of it for a part out first though. I want to be able to get at least 2000-2500 for her. If I can't get that, then I would rather just keep her and ride it.