PDA

View Full Version : 440 major vibration

gtiranger302
05-27-2008, 04:08 PM
please help! i just had a new rod put on my crank and it seems to have a major vibration above idle, you can feel it in the bars but more so in the pegs,i checked the counter balancer alignment about 8-times before i put the cases back together. so what could it be? is it because of the larger bore? or is the crank not right? any help would be greatly appreciated.

REPOMAN
05-27-2008, 07:38 PM
changing the internals of the motor will make this happen. i have a friend who jus put in a higher compression piston and port and polish and there is alot of vibration in the bars. i have an antivibe stem and dont feel anything in mine. just a suggestion but you might try getting an antivibe clamp at the very least

gtiranger302
05-28-2008, 12:59 AM
so is it safe to say that i should have bought a whole new crank?

sc400ex_rider
05-28-2008, 07:01 AM
hi, is the vibration constant off idle or go away? i had a small but very noticable vibration (only off idle) in my pegs after i built up my engine. i then put in the sparks key and had my flywheel lightened then balanced. i ask the guy how well they balance them and he said better than the factory. he does jet skis all the time. well i put it on and he was right the vibration is gone, much better on the hands too. my cases have never been split or the motor out so i dont think it was a factor. if the motor was out then check all your motor mount bolts if one is lose it will cause vibration also.

P.S. they could of messed the crank up if it wasnt trued properly after it was rebuilt. :(

gtiranger302
05-28-2008, 07:34 AM
its the same as you describe-just off idle.i guess im going to take it back apart again and give a call to the shop that did it. thanks for the help everyone.