PDA

View Full Version : broken reverse cable

markemark2k6
05-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has had the end of the reverse cable pull out of the fitting that is hooked to the switch? I have extended warranty & wonder if it is covered?

TRENT_G
05-27-2008, 09:52 PM
No to the first question and I would think the extended warranty should cover it no questions asked. Good luck!

micah78
06-13-2008, 02:14 PM
My reverse cable broke also!! I was wondering if I was the only one. Just another example of the POS components used on the Outlaw. The cable was pretty damn expensive for what it is. :eek2: :grr:

baldwinmx450r
06-14-2008, 04:01 AM
the linkage arm that connects to the motor is not the strongest, the ball end tends to get twisted around inside the housing. Remove the linkage arm, get the ball situated correctly, then pinch the arm so the cable can't rotate. Reinstall without the spring (it is not necessary)

micah78
06-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by baldwinmx450r
the linkage arm that connects to the motor is not the strongest, the ball end tends to get twisted around inside the housing. Remove the linkage arm, get the ball situated correctly, then pinch the arm so the cable can't rotate. Reinstall without the spring (it is not necessary) Thanks for the tip on the linkage arm. My cable broke on the end where it connects to the little thumb lever. My 525 has very low hrs. on it also. When I ride it I don't use reverse very often. Don't get me wrong!! My 525 rips and I love riding it. There just seems to be alot of little dumb stuff to fix on it.