PDA

View Full Version : Yet another jetting question

sprayedgt
05-27-2008, 02:59 PM
With the mods in my sig, am I jetted correctly with a 40 pilot and 155 main? I ride in alt less than 500ft. Just wondering because the engine seems to be generating a huge amount of heat, much, much more than when it was stock. And there's a slight miss/stumble when I go from mid to full throttle. Not anything major, and not all the time, but I hear it. I'm wondering if I am indeed a tad on the lean side. It has plenty of power, but I wonder if I dump a little more fuel to it if there's anymore in it? The needle is non-adjustable on this one, and I'll be d@mned if I spend $160 for the tool to adjust that stupid D shaped fuel screw. Any suggestions??

hornetgod13
05-27-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't know where you came up with $160.00 for the "D" shaped fuel screw tool.
If you call DynoJet directly they sell the tool for $6.00 plus shipping. Part number is DT-008.

Sounds like the mid-throttle is lean. You can buy an adjustable needle for a 1999-2004 model, buy a carb rebuild kit from www.jetsrus.com (it comes with adjustable needle), or put a thin washer or two under the current needle clip to richen the jetting.

sprayedgt
05-27-2008, 06:14 PM
I was just going by what the parts guy at the dealership told me. He said Snap-On is the only one he knew of that made a tool like that and it's was $160 from the truck. Thanks for the advice though. I'll go ahead and order an adjustable needle.