PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex help on rear axel

a.wallace1
05-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Im changing out my rear axel and i have everything took off on it except on the right back side there is nut i cannot seem to brake loose. I have used w d 40 let it soke for 3 days ive used pipe wrench with a levy bar and it wont brake if any one can help me i would really appreciate it. Thanks

billyboy93
05-27-2008, 12:50 PM
ok i have herad of them rusting to the axle and people haveing 2 cut them off but first try 2 heat it up till its red hot and u need 2 pipe renches and it may take a couple times and pb blaster will help 2 thats what i had to do to mine..now i got a lonestar axle and antifade hub=] it helps the stock lock nut is a P.O.S

zeno
05-28-2008, 10:00 AM
So what i gather you are saying from your detailed Q ! is "THE NUT" you refer to may possibly be axle lock nut.It may appear as one nut,but there are two.To loosen turn the inner lock nut COUNTERCLOCKWISE.It is left-hand threaded,so it will be turning towards the disk brake.Now turn the outer lock-nut same direction and it will expose a stopper ring (like a circlip).The threaded tube(lockbolt) and locknuts will now slide off axle.

justin1022
05-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by a.wallace1
Im changing out my rear axel and i have everything took off on it except on the right back side there is nut i cannot seem to brake loose. I have used w d 40 let it soke for 3 days ive used pipe wrench with a levy bar and it wont brake if any one can help me i would really appreciate it. Thanks

are you sure you removed that circlip on the axle? thats what i forgot to do the first time i took mine apart.