PDA

View Full Version : Well my weekend didnt go as planned..

MX450
05-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Sat night i was racing and on the 3rd lap of practice went through a 4 pack, overshot the landing on the first double landed on the takeoff of the second, then faced into the landing, went flipping and broke my leg! Broke my tibula and fibula and had to go into surgery for 3 hours and get a rod and screws put in.

Needless to say I wasnt planning on being in the hospital on memorial day. This is the first time ive broke anything and it sucks!

Pappy
05-27-2008, 09:30 AM
damn son!

we all hope you have a speedy recovery:p i reckon its that tie of year for broken ones:(

elementryder
05-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by MX450
Sat night i was racing and on the 3rd lap of practice went through a 4 pack, overshot the landing on the first double landed on the takeoff of the second, then faced into the landing, went flipping and broke my leg! Broke my tibula and fibula and had to go into surgery for 3 hours and get a rod and screws put in.

Needless to say I wasnt planning on being in the hospital on memorial day. This is the first time ive broke anything and it sucks!

haha dude no kidding!
i was at high pont for the national and on the last practice on friday i tried the big step up!
i hit it once so i tried again and came up short and my left fppt was crooked on the peg and i ended up tearing the ligaents in my ankle and fractured a peice of bone and i may need surgery

MX MaNiAc 06
05-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Ive been there man. Almost three years ago and it still hurts every day. Dont slack in physical therapy!! You need every little bit of help

trx400EXtreme
05-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Ive been there man. Almost three years ago and it still hurts every day. Dont slack in physical therapy!! You need every little bit of help no joke. if i diddn't go through with physical therapy when i broke my collar bone, i'd be screwed right now.

deathman53
05-27-2008, 06:25 PM
breaking bones suck and it hurts for awhile. I broke my left leg in 01, walking in 1 1/2 months and it hurt for almost 1 year later. 2 years ago, I got hit by a car, broke(almost stattered) left leg(the rod they put in the first time saved it), broke right leg, shattered upper right arm. At times, both legs kill me and so does my right arm. If I get a hit in one small spot in my right arm, it hurts wosre than can be imagined.

Hope you get better soon. Get physical theripy asap, one of the most important things you can do is make sure you get all the time at theripy that you(or insurance) paid for. They love to make you sit for 10 minutes, put a heat pad on your ankle another 20 minutes, wait another 10 minutes before they do stuff with you and you get 20 minutes of the hour that was paid for. You are gonna want to stretch your ankle alot, have a friend, girlfriend, or somebody stretch it up and down, rotate it around and move it around alot. The worst thing that can happen is your ankle stiffening up and that will make everything take longer to get back to normal. I know, as after I broke my leg, I was home for almost 2 weeks, nobody else really around, no physical theripy of any type and my ankle stiffened up to the point that it didn't move.

mikeB
05-29-2008, 12:59 PM
That sucks.. i havnt broken anything recently, but i ride a prairie.. so i mean its not like i can go fast :p or jump it.

lol