One_Bad_400
05-27-2008, 06:25 PM
i saw him out there takin pics?!?! but 4 weeks later.. no pics

honda4life72
05-27-2008, 08:06 PM
edt is not important enough:ermm:

One_Bad_400
05-27-2008, 10:47 PM
it sucks they think that becasue we throw just as much money/ more money then the rest, to go to these races too..

honda4life72
05-28-2008, 02:12 PM
heck yea a built tt bike has more work put into it than any mx bike.thats the easyer part. only having like one track in each state is what suxs thow. coast a furtune just to get to the races let alone race

Pappy
05-28-2008, 02:55 PM
ummm, does someone have any tissues for you clowns:p

we can only put up what we are sent. if the photographer doesnt come through then what can we do?

and for christs sakes, we sponsor that series so to claim we dont care is asinine.

btw, how much support have you 2 thrown to the site? or are you shielas just here to wine and cry?

One_Bad_400
05-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
we can only put up what we are sent. if the photographer doesnt come through then what can we do?

well then don't hire that guy again cause he sucks

and for christs sakes, we sponsor that series so to claim we dont care is asinine.

its just annoying how little attention and support TT gets. yea, you have an excuse about the photographer, but I'd bet $1000 that would never happen at a MX National. Not to mention the "live" coverage the race got. Incase you didn't see it, here's how it went...

Mitch 1st
Goodman 2nd
Riley 3rd

that was the extent of the "live coverage"

when you click the link for an MX national, here are the options you get to click...

Forum
Live ATV Race Coverage

News
Pro ATV Race Report
Dustin Wimmer Fastest in 2nd Round Qualifying
ATV RiderCourse Added to ATV Motocross Showcase Events
ATV National Motocross Racing Heads to Sunset Ridge
ATVPG Extends Race Length for Pro-Am Production Riders
Rath Racing Returns to ATV Motocross Series with Polaris

Photos
Pro ATV Race Photo Gallery
Pro ATV LCQPhoto Gallery
Pro ATV Practice Photo Gallery
Pro Am Production ATV Race Photo Gallery
Pro Am Unlimited ATV Race Photo Gallery
Women ATV Race Photo Gallery
Amateur ATV Race Photo Gallery
Youth ATV Race Photo Gallery
Misc Event Photo Gallery

Results
Complete ATV Race Results

Videos - Windows Media Files (WMV)
ATV Motocross Pro Moto

compared to what you get when you click the link for the TT national...

Forum
Live ATV Race Coverage (which was a joke)

News
Pro ATV Race Report
2008 Extreme Dirt Track Nationals ATV Racing Season Opener

Photos

**nothing here...***

Results
Complete ATV Race Results

btw, how much support have you 2 thrown to the site? or are you shielas just here to wine and cry?

I am an atvriders.com patron...:macho

One_Bad_400
05-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Also, I have a decent camera (Canon Rebel XTi) and am a decent photographer. I'm racing at these events, so I can't cover everything, but if I was able to take some pictures would ya'll post them on the site (assuming they were any good, obviously)???

Pappy
05-28-2008, 04:02 PM
You taking some pics and helping is EXACTLY what I am talking about by supporting us! Your free to help in anyway you can!

And the TT series didnt get sidelined for any other reason then **** happens...wasnt there heavy rain at the 1st 2 rounds?

I dont know an exact reason why there arent pics, all I can do is geuss techincal issues with the photog because I know the Admin bends over backwards to get up every single shred of info he can no matter the series. He has spent thousands to promote that series so not giving it attention is hurting his efforts.

If there were more money in our budget I would gladly travel to the TT's and cover them, and so would Admin, but life happens and something has to give somewhere. ALL the websites do everything they are capable of to support the sport and the racers and to see people complain about the effort when they get the info for free irks me badly. When the participants dont support the sites or the photographers, there is less incentive to do more or gain money for the next round, we pay for travle just like the racers do and there is very little support for the efforts (this goes for all sites)

Im for supporting the sport, thats why I include those in this field in my response. We as a group are providing more info and faster then ever before in the history of atv or motorcycle racing and people still want more. No matter how much we sacrifice its never enough and when there is a glitch we get posts complaining about it.

I vent for everyone that covers these events for the love of the sport and for very little in the way of support other then the occasional good job. I will make it on my own, but for others it will be a losing deal for themselves and their families even when they do it for YOU as a free service!

Ofcourse you can wait 3 months for 2 pages of articles on the event in a magazine....that you PAY for

honda4life72
05-28-2008, 08:03 PM
i'll be the new photographer then. :devil:

it doesnt matter really mx and xc are the two main points of our sport. and about the rain i think there has only been one race this year lol

bstuart
05-29-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't know if this would be the sentiment of the general atv public but, I would pay a monthly service charge to receive fast, up to date info and pictures of events. The big thing now with newspapers is an "e-paper" online, which requires a subscription. This would be no different. But, of course, it would have to be coverage better than that which is free, otherwise no one would pay. Just my 2 cents, but maybe more people feel like me, maybe no one does.

Bill

Pappy
05-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by bstuart
I don't know if this would be the sentiment of the general atv public but, I would pay a monthly service charge to receive fast, up to date info and pictures of events. The big thing now with newspapers is an "e-paper" online, which requires a subscription. This would be no different. But, of course, it would have to be coverage better than that which is free, otherwise no one would pay. Just my 2 cents, but maybe more people feel like me, maybe no one does.

Bill

you got live coverage of the edt event, a press release within 10 hours and you still complained in the other thread. adding some money to the issue would speed nothing up as we work as fast as we can now. no one wants to pay for jack, they want it all for free and when it doesnt go their way they complain. it sure makes me want to dump airfare and hotel costs to come to an edt event....maybe thats why i only hit 1 or 2 a year that are close! atleast the admin pays out of his own pocket for what we do get from that series, if not for him we wouldnt have anything beyond a standard release after the event.

hondalife, all aspects of our sport make up this sport, not just two types of racing. if there were more funds, i would even travel to cover more desert and go north for ice racing. its easy to "wanto be something, but a totally different ballgame when you "have" to be something.

bstuart
05-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Clarification - I did no complaining. I simply chimed in on wondering where or when the pictures from rd#1 would be posted. I'm assuming the purpose of the website is to draw as many hits as posible to in turn warrant income from advertisers. If you were a pro-bono service then I could understand you taking your frustrations out on patrons, but since your not, I find it odd. I appreciate what coverage we get. I'm a simple businessman, if it isn't cost effective then don't do it.

dehner47
05-29-2008, 01:22 PM
get em pappy:devil:

tim colston
05-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
heck yea a built tt bike has more work put into it than any mx bike

I doubt that.

honda4life72
05-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
I doubt that. bet me . i dare u

Pappy
05-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Clarification - I did no complaining. I simply chimed in on wondering where or when the pictures from rd#1 would be posted. I'm assuming the purpose of the website is to draw as many hits as posible to in turn warrant income from advertisers. If you were a pro-bono service then I could understand you taking your frustrations out on patrons, but since your not, I find it odd. I appreciate what coverage we get. I'm a simple businessman, if it isn't cost effective then don't do it.

Just to clear your insight up, we do all coverage for free, we get no compensation for it. We could easily do 2 or 3 press releases on the event and satisfy our sponsors as they pay no money towards the forums coverage. The 8 hours it takes to do coverage comes from those doing its wish to bring the racing to the fans. So in other words, if we hear complaining then thats directly at those of us who volunteer our time and spend our money to make it happen...that gives us a right to ***** back.

The forums mean nothing when it comes to sponsors, I wish it did, however they are for the members to enjoy.

For those wishing to donate, here you go http://www.atvriders.com/donations/index.html

What I wont accept is whining and complaining about something you all get for free and through the generosity of those willing to do forums coverage so that those that cant attend can get a glimpse of the action. I know from the emails, pm's and personal phone calls from riders, family members and those in the industry that most appreciate what we and others do to help this sport, why I let 2 or 3 complainers bother me is not really worth my energy to reply, but the record needs to be set straight and I have no problem doing it.

honda4life72
05-29-2008, 04:34 PM
here we go . no whining. we just asked where the pics was lol

honda4life72
05-29-2008, 04:48 PM
also pappy could u try and send me a pic of the frame lurkin is having coated for me? un coated or coated i want to see how it came out.

bstuart
06-01-2008, 03:22 PM
"The forums mean nothing when it comes to sponsors, I wish it did, however they are for the members to enjoy. "

Pappy, I agree with and understand the direction your coming from but...I have to call BS on the statement above. The sponsors pay for traffic. Again I'm assuming, but I would think that getting as many hits as possible is the driving factor behind all the features of the entire site. The "enjoyment of the members" being one of the features that causes people to return to your site over and over. The forum plays a major role in people continuing to return to the site over and over. I dare say that exriders.com would have never become the largest atv site on the web, atvriders.com, without the forum. Even though it seems you have already formed an opinion of me, I will again say that I appreciate any coverage EDT gets. I saw Harlen and Darin this weekend in Ava working dilegently. When I finally got a moment, I went to find Harlen to thank him personally for making the trip. Unfortunatly, he had just left after getting the news about his wife going into labor. Congratulations Foley family!!

Pappy
06-01-2008, 09:30 PM
lol I have no opinion on anyone, i base what i feel soley on what i see posted.

and you are correct that forums traffic helped the site grow, but adds zero to the site financial with exception to those that have sponsored sections within the forums and donation/site t-shirt/sticker sales. i would elaborate more but our internal workings need not be posted here.

and to comment on your" if it isnt profitable then dont do it"....some of us have given until it hurts long before the site got to where its at based on our love of the sport, and we still carry that feeling! we would have closed the doors in the first month if money was our own goal..lol

sorry you missed harlen, he missed the birth of his son due to the edt race and his responsibilty to get the missing pictures and to better train the people covering that series. i know for a fact he did not want to go, but the pressure of just a few folks complaining pushed him into making the trip. you wont hear him say a word, but im a different animal:devil:

Admin
06-01-2008, 11:13 PM
I personally flew to the Ava, MO race just to get the photos from Round 1, and they are now released, and here is the link:

Extreme Dirt Track - Twin Creeks Photo Galleries Link: (http://www.atvriders.com/atvracing/extreme-dirt-track-atv-racing-2008.html#1)

Also, Round 2 Photos will be up within a few days. The reason for the delay was Darin couldn't get the photos uploaded due to computer issues, so I corrected the issues while at the track on Friday. I spent countless hours on the phone with Darin trying to solve the problem without any luck because the real issue existed in his computer registery, which I couldn't fix over the phone or even think of trying to explain over the phone.

Unfortunately, my wife went into labor saturday morning, and I wasn't able to make it home in time for the delivery, but everyone is doing fine and my father in law stepped in while I rushed home.

I am the proud father of a baby boy weighing 8lbs 8ozs, and we haven't named him yet, but most likely we are going with Ridge.

I plan on heading up to Tri City for in July

One_Bad_400
06-01-2008, 11:55 PM
congrats!!

and i dont know why this thread blew up so bad. i had no clue that the pictures from round 1 were having problems, i just just asking if ya'll were going to put them up.. sorry if any contravercy got started.. but thank you for getting the pics and flying to MO for the race.. congrats on the child!

bstuart
06-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Harlen,

I saw you working on a computer with Darin in Harold's pit, but I was unable to stop at that time. Since I didn't get the chance in person, I do want to formally thank you for coming to Ava. Its my home track and now that its over, I can honestly say that it was the best EDT national event that I have ever attended. I've been to several since 2003 and most that have been to more nationals than I, said the same thing.

EDT's are a smaller event than MX and GNCC, but they have a loyal following. Our local group of racers from SW Missouri and NW Arkansas have made a large impact on the EDT scene in the last couple of years and I would love to get as much coverage as possible on the whole series. So, since I didn't get to shake your hand and thank you personally, I do want you to know that our group is greatful for any coverage you provide.

Congrats again on the birth of your son. I have four, the fun is just beginning. Enjoy it!!

Bill Stuart

Admin
06-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Harlen,

I saw you working on a computer with Darin in Harold's pit, but I was unable to stop at that time. Since I didn't get the chance in person, I do want to formally thank you for coming to Ava. Its my home track and now that its over, I can honestly say that it was the best EDT national event that I have ever attended. I've been to several since 2003 and most that have been to more nationals than I, said the same thing.

EDT's are a smaller event than MX and GNCC, but they have a loyal following. Our local group of racers from SW Missouri and NW Arkansas have made a large impact on the EDT scene in the last couple of years and I would love to get as much coverage as possible on the whole series. So, since I didn't get to shake your hand and thank you personally, I do want you to know that our group is greatful for any coverage you provide.

Congrats again on the birth of your son. I have four, the fun is just beginning. Enjoy it!!

Bill Stuart

Thanks for the reply

ZWILLETT47
06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Harlen,

Congrats on the birth of your son. See you in PA

Dave

TheIceMan
06-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Admin

I spent countless hours on the phone with Darin .

That alone deserves a medal!! :devil:
A belated congrats on the birth of your son Harlen,hope to see you in PA.

*cheers*