PDA

View Full Version : Nationals = More Money....

bah1491
05-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Ive been racing locally for two years now, and i'd like to take the next step into nationals. the only problem is gas is $4.00 a gallon, and my dad cant quite support that type of program. ive paid for eveything on my bike, and the enclosed trailer by running my mowing and landscaping business. long story short, does anyone in ohio attend the majority of these races who would be willing to have someone tag along? of course i would have some money for expenses.... I hate asking anything like this, but any suggestions are appreciated...
pm me

Pappy
05-26-2008, 11:16 PM
as fuel cost rise even higher, i think its only feasible for more folks to ride together. hopefully you can find someone close to you!

quad2xtreme
05-27-2008, 05:21 AM
Totally agree with Pappy. Even the local races are dropping off in participants.

I've been looking for someone to help share expenses when I drive up to Breezewood Proving Grounds in PA. At the latest prices, it is almost $300 round trip. I used to run to BPG on a whim. Now, it has to be more planned out accounting for a day or two off from work too to make it a long enough trip to justify the cost.

05-27-2008, 09:49 AM
yeah gas prices suck. I doubt i'll be able to make the only nat thats close(meaning not across the country lol) to me since diesel is $5.XX a gallon

blacknblue#2
05-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Ever since last summer i have been sayin i was gonna hit some nationals this year just to see where i stand.......not gonna happen now. My diesel fuel is at 4.79 a gallon and i just cant afford to drive all over the place. we decided to build a practice track this year to save us on fuel cost and entry fees. it gets old riding the same track but it keeps us in shape i reckon lol

bah1491
05-27-2008, 10:28 PM
i dont know, it just seems like thats about the only way to "further" my racing career.....and its kinda shut down because someone is making four hundred billion dollar quarters in profit....haha thats not the only thing....my dad loves the races, but its still a lot of time.

Warnerade
06-01-2008, 07:55 PM
95% of the people I ever met who start a national season riding with somebody else...end up not finishing the season...