PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild blew already

pro-rider46
05-26-2008, 08:27 PM
well, i finally got my quad running, and got it all rebuilt, and the crank musta been pretty weak because it blew to smithareens and through my case through my radiator! and broke 4 cases, i guess if im going to make a and b strong i need to make c strong because c is the weakest link, oh well. i might part my quad out and buy a crf450 and leave it stock, idk tho.

-Steve

Pappy
05-26-2008, 08:35 PM
damn that blows-literally:ermm:

what all did you do to the engine?

pro-rider46
05-26-2008, 09:20 PM
hi comp piston and totally worked head

Pappy
05-26-2008, 09:21 PM
yep, sounds like the crank had enough time on it that she did not like the added stress:p

Benjithx
05-26-2008, 11:21 PM
AAAAAH!!!!!! Fu**!!! I hope you are joking man.

That is terrible. I was amped to see that bad boy.

Sorry to hear that Steve. Pick up another crank and don't give up. That beast has a lot of good times ready for you down the road.

liledg
05-27-2008, 12:38 AM
sorry to here that what year do you have. i have a 2006 no problems yet with my stock crank.

Flyin-Low
05-27-2008, 02:23 PM
That's pretty crappy luck Steve.. Just build it back up and she'll be better than ever, don't get a dirtbike :(

pro-rider46
05-28-2008, 08:29 PM
thanks for your sympathy, yeah, i was typing on a psp earlier so i didnt say much because it takes hours to type.

but anyway, yeah the bike have a 12.5:1 piston, over sized exhaust valves, ferara(SP?) intakes, kw spring kit, stage 2 cam, and ported by DRG. but the crank had probably about 250 hours on it so it was just a ticking time bomb. i don't have pics of it yet. because im living with my friend for a week until my parents get back from Cancun.

but oh well, $H!T happens. idk what im going to do, i have a few choices, i can part out my quad and sell my other and then buy a crf450( and dont worry i will still stick around here) rebuilt mine to a 471R. or buy a CBR 1000 engine and stuff it into my frame, im kinda leaning towards a bike becuase i will probably buy the 450x so i can make it street legal and not worry about gas as much. but idk my ol man makes the decisions and he isnt getting back until weekend.

-Steve

Vade
05-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Damn that sucks ill would try 2 fix it or buy an 07 trx 450r

hendershot106
05-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
thanks for your sympathy, yeah, i was typing on a psp earlier so i didnt say much because it takes hours to type.

but anyway, yeah the bike have a 12.5:1 piston, over sized exhaust valves, ferara(SP?) intakes, kw spring kit, stage 2 cam, and ported by DRG. but the crank had probably about 250 hours on it so it was just a ticking time bomb.

bback until weekend.

-Steve

any 450r with over 50 hours to me is a waste of time not to replace the crank if you have it tore down...... cheap insurance to protect your cases!!! i learned the hard way myself too!!! since then everytime it has another 30-40 hours i put a new crank in... cases are too expensive to risk it..... good luck steve!

hendershot106
05-29-2008, 05:20 AM
ohhhhhhh and another thing....... where is chad now??????? hmm

:huh :macho :confused:

xsr_racing28c
05-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Bottom end failure has nothing to do with Chad's ( DRG's ) work. I'm not sure if your leaning towards that Hendershot, but Chad is a truly customer oriented person/company and he will help Pro Rider out the best of his ability with leading him in the right direction as his builder.

Just my .02.... Just sick of shiiii talkers....

wishmasstir
05-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46

but anyway, yeah the bike have a 12.5:1 piston, over sized exhaust valves, ferara(SP?) intakes, kw spring kit, stage 2 cam, and ported by DRG. but the crank had probably about 250 hours on it so it was just a ticking time bomb. i don't have pics of it yet. because im living with my friend for a week until my parents get back from Cancun.

but oh well, $H!T happens. idk what im going to do, i have a few choices, i can part out my quad and sell my other and then buy a crf450( and dont worry i will still stick around here) rebuilt mine to a 471R. or buy a CBR 1000 engine and stuff it into my frame, im kinda leaning towards a bike becuase i will probably buy the 450x so i can make it street legal and not worry about gas as much. but idk my ol man makes the decisions and he isnt getting back until weekend.

-Steve

if you decide to part it out send me a pm

yfzrider73
05-29-2008, 07:35 PM
vade, i will rebuild this one if i decide to still ride on 4 wheels, the 07s seem like they are fast, but i really dont care to work with the e start and all. im happy with my 05

yeah hendershot i will replace the crank a lot more often now that i blew it this bad,

xsr_racing28c yeah chad does great work, and he has gave me 205 dollars worth of work free of charge, and that really means something to me. he is a great guy

wishmasstir if i do decide to part it out i will send you a pm. i have a decent amount of work into it, and im sure the head is all okay, and i dumped about 800-900 into it and it doesnt even have a whole tank run through it.

TTUL, all

yfzrider73
05-29-2008, 07:37 PM
sorry i didnt realize i was on my friends name, but this is pro rider (Steve)

honda4life72
05-29-2008, 07:48 PM
technically his work did have somethign to do with it . the up'd compression casued the crank to break easyer lol just kidding man :devil:

hondarider101
05-30-2008, 07:21 AM
pm me to if you gp that way to part it out.. im might be intrested if there is a good price! thanks

hondarider101
05-30-2008, 07:21 AM
pm me to if you go that way to part it out.. im might be intrested if there is a good price! thanks

yfzrider73
05-30-2008, 01:51 PM
aiht