PDA

View Full Version : anouther one of thise jetting question.. please help

oleboy87
05-26-2008, 07:04 PM
im a little unsure about jetting on my bike.. i have an 02 400 with an hmf slip on and a fmf powerbomb header and an k&n filter with the lid on but i have a 155 jet in it and when you put it under a load it hesitates and sputters untill it catches up.. so im thinking that its too rich but still unsure.. what do i need to do go down on the jet size or up?

leasureryan
05-26-2008, 07:54 PM
that may not be the problem. Have you adjusted the air/fuel screw, or goofed with the needle? I would say you should be running atleast a 155 main depending on where you live.

Try taking the lid off. It may be exactly what it needs. If so, then go buy an EHS after market air box lid. They are awesome, and 100% breathable! I would do that anyways!

oleboy87
05-26-2008, 07:57 PM
yea that may help.. we are going make a ride this weekend soo i need to get it in shape for the weekend.. but was jsut trying to get some kinda start on what i should do..

leasureryan
05-26-2008, 07:57 PM
You have to realize....you just spent a ton of money trying to make your exhaust flow better....but you are starving the ole' girl of her air! That's like buying Kool Aid, and forgeting to add the sugar!

oleboy87
05-26-2008, 07:59 PM
yea i like running the lid because most of the time when we hit the trails its alot of water.. im not sinking it or anything like that its jsut alot of water puddles and when i hit the dunes i always have like an inch of sand in the box so i like to run the lid..

leasureryan
05-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Google EHS air box lids. It's the answer you have been looing for!

I'm not saying run it all the time without a lid. I would never do that. But you can atleast either Uni-vent your lid, or buy an aftermarket lid. I would run a foam filter though if you do alter the stock lid

Just take it a spin around the yard with the lid off, see how it acts. If it runs better, you know then that it is too rich with stock lid, so adjust accordingly.