PDA

View Full Version : Buying an ATV from a dealer.......

atvmaster0927
05-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Hey everyone!

I have a couple of questions.

Well if i was to go to, say a suzuki dealer and wanted to get an ltr 450, And i wanted to pay month by month, How would i go about this?

How old do i need to be? I'm 15, could i do it myself? I am asking because my parents said if they need to pull up your credit report, that i could not pay month by month because their credit report is low they said.

Also, how can i negociate a dealer to give mr a leftover 07 for a good price?

Thanks for all replies!

05-26-2008, 03:18 PM
you go to the dealer and apply for credit...the dealer has a list of banks that they work with...they would work through those banks to get your application approved

since you are 15, your parents would apply for credit and they either get approved or not...

if they get approved, then you take the bike home a some time later, they get a bill of some sort...it might be a coupon book with coupons that need sent in monthly with the payment, or a monthly bill/statement may come...

if you have money down, that may improve the chances for approval...

i would suggest at 15, you don't worry about having a payment on a quad...there are many other things that are more important...

atvmaster0927
05-26-2008, 04:58 PM
ttt

450raider
05-26-2008, 05:03 PM
buying from a stealership...if i may give you a tip (after buying a total of like 10 quads myself buying/trading and such) ill say just see if you parents will loan you the money to get one (usually lower on interest and bs) used and if you asbsolutely cant find one then simply get on the phone and call every dealer and do it "auction style" to find a left over 07 for X amount...

and in all honesty i have bought tons of bikes and dealers are really pushy with it and just wont budge nowadays, for instance im trying to find a 4x4 something but am not going to a dealer and yeah im having a hard time with it but im sure itll pay off sooner than later...it has to, and my brothers looking for a sxs as we speak, i feel for him, the cost of a used one you could add a few hundred more and get one new...which is a ripoff on all sides...

sorry for the long post