PDA

View Full Version : After marktet valves , Y new springs?

flowmasterz
05-26-2008, 01:47 PM
I figured out that my intake valves were shot and thats what all my problems were. Well i took my head in to the local shop that builds all the race bikes and atvs and there known pretty well. They recommended that I run either kibblewhite or faction valves in place of the stock honda titanium valves which is nothing new to me because I have read about all the problems with the stockers wearing out fast. Then they tell me to get factory honda springs and to run them and I told them all I ever hear is that I need different springs too because the ss valves are heavier than the stockers. they said they dont agree with that and that by putting the heavier springs in its just going to casue other things to wear faster. So my questions is what do i do? On one hand I have all the people on this site saying you need the heavier springs but then I have a race shop that is known pretty well around here for building some of the fastest and most reliable racing bikes telling me im better off going with the stock springs. Could someone shed some light on this one way or the other? Thanks for the input.

honda4life72
05-26-2008, 02:36 PM
heavier springs or kibblewhite dual springs are good to use in motors with big cams or aftermarket cdi's. but is also good insurance.

pudamac12
05-27-2008, 06:25 PM
I was told by a major engine builder that the stock springs are fine on mildly tuned engines and for the average racer are just fine. If your a top level racer he suggested the kibblewhites. I am just a weekend warrior so I had him install stockers and put my kibblewhites on the shelf. I would sell them if your interested. Shoot me a pm if anyone is interested.

Brad