PDA

View Full Version : Legal or illegal, the right and wrong way

quadnana7
05-26-2008, 01:07 PM
This is a very important matter to me and needs to be addressed in a civilized adult manner. As most of you know we are in full support of mandatory tear downs to keep the sport legal and we supported it highly on this forum. As most of you know that attended the race at High Point this weekend my grandson Christian Horne races in the 70 CVT class was protested which we expected before we even showed up due to the talk and rumors we heard at Sunset that someone said that they were going to tear us down because there was no way a 70 could pull a fat boy around a track that fast. At the time we did not know the source of the insult but we wanted to be torn down so the rumors and an insults to an innocent child would stop. Then the 1st thing we heard on Friday at Pa was the same thing our response was the same thing tear us down we have nothing to hide. On Saturday after the 1st moto was over my husband was at the finish line to congragulate Christian and the other boys when a mechanic of one of the riders came at him yelling YOUR GOING DOWN AND THERE AIN'T NO WAY A 70 COULD PULL A FAT BOY THAT FAST ON THE TRACK. This insult to our grandson was made by someone we have known for almost 2 years and thought to be our friend.
The saddest thing about all this is he hurt an innocent child that already has a complex about his size. On Saturday night at the CVT dinner Christian would not eat , he was in a field running and playing football. When everyone left and we got him to come in I was trying to get him to eat something due to the fact that he had not eaten all day and his response he couldn't eat because everyone thought he was fat and he had to lose weight. There is a right way and a wrong way to protest but please don't bring the kids into it they are totally innocent and this is why we are here for our kids and to enjoy the friendships and memories they will carry for a lifetime.
Why cause friction .Gossip and insults don't help. If you suspect someone of cheating !st watch the rider ride,then decide what you want to do. If you still want to protest talk to the parent nicely and tell him you just need to see what they are running but keep it postive. That is what the riders father said to me on Sunday morning after the fact and we are still friends with no hard feelings what so ever, our boys are still friends. After the protst the father came up and shook our hand sorry I just had to know. The mechanic is a different story he did not even have the decency to appologize to Christian the one he hurt with his stupid childish kindergarden insult and to think he is a grown man attacking an innocent child that says he is there for the kids that he loves kids ( sounds like he needs to recheck his feelings about kids)
Protests are for the good of the sport! The cheaters are few and far between but thats why the rules are there. If this post saves at least one child from getting his feelings hurt then it is worth it.
BY THE WAY THE OFFICIAL RESULTS THAT WAS DONE BY A PRO -OFFICIAL SUNDAY MAY 25 AT MT. MORRIS PA. WAS
STROKE AND BORE MEASURED 68.6cc FOR A 70 CVT DRR (back to the drawing board I got 1.4cc more to use):D
A special thanks to the all the friends who stood behind us and believed that we would never knowinglly cheat to win. You are true friends and we are blessed to have friends like you. I know each of you know who I am speaking about . See yall in New York

forgiven
05-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Would it be possible to suspend someone like the mechanic from attending the races? It would seem unfair if nothing happened to him. The thing is if he shot his mouth off like that at an adult...there would have been a beat down most likely. What kind of character does it take to malign a boy when he is a grown man?

As far as Christian goes I will and I will have my wife pray for him. That is an absolutely awful thing for a young man to deal with. It is very hard to explain to younger kids that this sport brings out some of the very best people and conversely some of the very worst cheaters, slanders, and gossips. It is a real opportunity for a life lesson for him but doesn't do anything for the pain. It is very hard to take the high road when you see how low some will stoop.

It would sure be great for the mechanic to truly come up and apologize without being told though.

mxkids
05-26-2008, 03:29 PM
There is no reason to say something about a child. That is the worst thing that an ADULT can do. You can talk crap all day long about me but when you start saying something about a child that is a different ballgame.

I saw something that a builder did last year at a race to a guys kid (that was not at the race) that blew my mind. These are grown people picking on kids. Why?

After seeing some of the stuff that people do, you kinda lose respect for them. These are kids. They can't help how they look, how big or little they are. They are kids and they have a BIG heart. To talk TRASH about a child is as low down as you can get.

Tell Christian to keep his head up, keep winning race after race. That is the best revenge that he could have on them.

Sonia Tittle

etondaddy
05-26-2008, 03:55 PM
I agree 100%…….. Christian you keep your head up little buddy you’re one of… if not the best 70cc cvt racer in the country, and a blast to watch……… that protest was the best complement you never got……..and don’t worry about what that man said about you, you just keep being you…. that’s what all your true friends care about. I’ve never meet you but I’ve had the pleasure of meeting your nana and pap-pap and are very nice caring people. When I came thru the tunnel in the 90cc cvt race I saw your nana very concerned about a down rider…..who turned out to be one of my sons good friends……. That was the fist time we meet and will leave a lasting impression on me about the kind of people you guys are. You just keep racing hard and being yourself the good lord will take care of the rest. Hope to see you guy’s back in PA at PVR.

Mike Kozura

JAG Motosports
05-26-2008, 04:42 PM
First of all...Christian, Congratulations on your big win!!!! Great job!!!:) Keep it up and get em on the next one too!

So sorry you guys had to deal with a bunch of jealous jerks this weekend. Kind of puts a damper on the great job Christian did. I think some parents/adults need to evaluate why they are there at the races. This is suppose to be a fun FAMILY sport! If you have a problem with your kid being beat out on the track, don't take it out on the other riders that are winning. If you can't handle it then maybe the sport is not for you! These kids are trying their hardest. I realize that it is a competive sport (all about being competitive) but come on-we're talking about the 70 cvt class. It's not like your taking a paycheck home if you win!

Nana-I give you guys credit for being so forgiving. I know we would take it as a compliment if our sons bike had to be inspected after a win. but once anybody took a personal shot at my son I don't think I could forgive and forget so quick.

Oh, and that mechanic should be banned from the next couple of races! Do we want that kind of person around our kids?!?!? :grr:

wvspeedfreak
05-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Jealousy has a way of bringing out peoples true colors!!Great job Christian,overlook the negative comments and pound the competition even harder next time :macho

orange xtreme
05-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Truth of the matter is if he was not as big and strong like his daddy there would be no way he could hold on to that 68.7cc rocket ship :devil: with four wheels.

Christian you are riding the wheels of that quad and getting big like your dad every day. You have good family & support behind you congrats on 3 in a row.

etondaddy
05-26-2008, 06:46 PM
I’m just hanging out in Kyle’s room playing on the computer and watching him play MX vs. ATV untamed and read him what Terry said and Kyle said daddy he’s not “you know what” he just a big strong dude I wouldn’t want to fight him………and man is he fast.

Mike Kozura

Logan #34's Dad
05-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey Christian, You need to take all this as a HUGE complement! You are the man - Big or Small - All I know is you are by far the best little quad rider I've seen in a long time. I am just waiting for you to get the heck out of the 70cvt class so WE can have a chance! LOL. Logan only has 2 years left on the 70 so hurry up!
As for the so called mechanic - He needs to understand that he may not know as much as he thinks he does. Our guy is a professional and it shows. Both our quads made it to turn one 1st through 3rd in both moto's. After that the best riders come to the front. Like Nana stated - 1st watch and listen to the rider and compare your rider to that rider before you make waves. I used to believe a boy was cheating when we first got into this - come to find out they were just about two step ahead of us in knowledge and skill level. Leason learned. We all want to believe our rider is the greatest but as the saying goes - there's always someone out there.......
I was so happy to see all the kids playing together while the quad was in impound. Goes to show you that they really don't care as much as WE think they do. WE need to put ourselves into check and remember it is about the kids.
Gary- you are a better man than me (or just older-LOL). If that mechanic had insulted my son, he'd be missing some teeth. If he happens to read this and takes offense, come see me.
AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE! CAUSE I SAID SO, WOOOOOO! Sorry the WWE wrestling came out in me for a second.
Rocky

dblacks
05-27-2008, 03:24 AM
All I have ever heard about Christian is he is an awesome rider!! Keep it up!

Regardless of the series there is always someone starting crap behind the scenes. Actions speak louder then words.

Ryko racing
05-27-2008, 06:48 AM
Its too bad that the kids with the talent get picked on, we left the local racing scene because of the parental nonsense. This is a national champion racer and he should be treated as such. If you think that you can beat him then give it a shot and if you do i guarantee that his family would be the first to shake your hand. great job Christian Keep it pinned.

LT80
05-27-2008, 07:30 AM
WTG Christian!! Great job!

I agree with all that's been said about such a miserable person.

I wish you would post this guys name. A good public bashing is what's needed here IMO.
He didn't care to hurt a lil guys feelings, I sure wouldn't care if we put the smack down on that jerk.
In forums and in person.
Embarass this guy right back to the cave he crawled out of. :macho

BACKWOODSBOYZ
05-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Awsome racing Christian:macho
A couple years ago I was selling Mikey's
Kasea. This crazy man drove all the from
T.N. to C.T. to buy his grandson a quad.
He showed up on 6:15 am with his wife and
grandson in a SUV loaded with luggage.After spending
four hours dismanteling the qaud and SUV,and a
little?? time BSSING.Both my son and I had made
some new freinds.We stayed in touch every couple of
weeks on the phone and talked us in to comming
to (LORRETA LYNNS ATVA). At the end of the weekend
it was Christian #1, Mikey #2 all riders not motors the
kids rode. All knowing what he had motor...

It was very clear that Christian was/is a awsome rider.
P.S. I think at the next race the rider should get one
of thoses huge/oversized checks for $150.00

hotquads1
05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
first things first , CONGRATS ON 8 OF BEST 70CC CVT LAPS i HAVE EVER SEEN TURNED !! Christian rode very , very well and there was not another 70cc rider on the track that could have touched the performance he put on , this weekend . I am not speaking negativly about the other 70 riders , some of them are our team members and customers, but sometimes it all comes together for a weekend, and magic happens . I believe in giving credit where credit is due , and Christian and his crew were dialed in and checking out . I am glad the protest took place , and I admire the parents that had the courage to use the protest procedure to answer their questions , instead of harboring ill will and suspect cheating and starting rumors . I was there and saw the hand shakes and the parents on both sides tried to keep it positive , and I know Cristian and his family were not offended at being protested and were happy to tear down their bike . This is the way protest should be handled , and I would like to see more of them , to eliminate gossip and rumors . There is no room in a family oriented sport for adults to be making any type of offensive or inflamatory remarks reguarding any child, and I would hope the person in question is able to recognize his insensitive remarks and offer an apoligy and admit that it was in bad taste . Us parents have to be examples to our youth and be a positve influence in their lives , not letting "competition" rule our better judjment. Sure I like my kid to win, but when your kid wins I am proud for him and you , I know hard work and desire went into that victory and I would not want to rob him of his moment , no matter who the kid is ! We will all impact some one at the next race we attend, lets go with the intention to inspire , encourage , enjoy the others we come into contact with , instead of the win at all cost mindset that leaves casualties in our wake. Be big enough to recognize when another kid performed flawlessly or when another Dad had his machine dialed in little better than you did, give a pat on the back when it is deserved ! Nana , you guys keep your head up and be proud of Christian and dont let anyone spoil your victory. Kids come in all shapes and sizes and colors and they have different talents and skills , and i thank God that no 2 are alike that is what makes them special. and they are "ALL" special. That kid that comes in last at the next race , he never gets any glory , give him a kind word for trying "his or her " best, a minute of your time can make a difference to that little racer.
marc

etondaddy
05-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Well said Marc.......... a couple of times I was going to try to find yea at High Point and got distracted...... I though I found yea when I found nana..... hope to find yea at PVR just to say hi. I'm the fat guy in the silly hat...... I thought when we went 4 stroke I was done picking him up......... but I have to get him in second gear...:huh

Mike Kozura

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/Picture109.jpg

Reimer Racing
05-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Nanna, It was a pleasue meeting you, Gary and Christian.... Like I told Christian after the findings, "Give it up for the big kids". ...

Just like I ZAPP always said it "it is not size of the rider that matters it's the way the bike is setup"... As you seen Zack is a "bigger sized boy" also. On the way home I informed Zack that the same guy that bulit Christian and Logan's motors bulit his motor. So it does't matter what size you are it will pull you up the hills.

I am with Rock I wished you would have told us what the guy said to Christian. I think a couple of us would have "suggested" to him to say sorry for saying the fat word!!!

:macho

dodgepower
05-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Nana who do i need to thump.....................................Let me know....havent had a good fight in awhile:).....i got a "so called fat" kid too:)

hey i recognize that 917 machine........its not red anymore:)

dodgepower
05-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Nana who do i need to thump.....................................Let me know....havent had a good fight in awhile:).....i got a "so called fat" kid too:)

hey i recognize that 917 machine........its not red anymore:)

LT80
05-27-2008, 05:44 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/Picture109.jpg [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmm
Now if ya wanna use the "F" word.... :D :D :devil:
I should be in that pic.:cool:

Nice to meet you Mr. Reimer. :)

t.a.porting
05-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi Cristian! 90% of us grown-ups are ok, you just ran into the representative for the other 10%. The man on top is always getting swatted@ and the man is you. YOUR THE MAN!!! I've been mad ever sence the phone calls this wk end.first about what was said,then about the teardown.Although i'm not to happy about my work being passed around which should'nt be pt. of the ccing,the greatest injustice was to you.Good thing i wasn't there or Rocky & Reimer would have had to beat me to this guy.call me fat,balding,big nosed & greying ok,but pick on someone smaller or say i can't build an engine & the gloves are off! You have an army of friends behind you[actually in front of you] on this.I think the grown-ups will handle this just fine. You just keep riding good.I met you last yr @ max rpm.Justin said you were real good and would USE all of an engine that was givin to you. so i spent 2 1/2 days porting your cases,piston,cyl.,& head. Justin called a few days later said" it was the fastest quad we ever built"And i am glad to see you USE all that is given to you.95% is rider&5%engine.Thank you for making me look good!Next time i see you,i'm buying us lunch!Keep doing good,& thanks again,tommy,TAPorting/alleycat engines 4693484988 call me!

hotquads1
05-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Some kids look up to the Pro's, but like the picture below, alot of kids look up to the bigger kids like Christian. He's got all these little guy's pulling for him. Some of them want to ride like Christian does. I've never seen Christian ride better than he did this weekend. I've seen Christian this year be broke down on the side of the track and cheer his competition on as they passed him by. This say's alot about his character and what kind of a kid he is. That spoke to me. Keep on rocken and a rolling Christian.

Karen

mxdad423
05-28-2008, 07:12 AM
Hey Christian, don't worry about all the idiotic comments that guy made, you are one AWSOME rider and deserve every win you get. You are a gret little guy and have a wonderful family surrounding you. I wish I would of got to meet all of you this weekend but I was a little under the weather and did't get around much. Thank you to you and your family for being so concerned about my son Brandon, that means alot to us. Keep up the great riding little buddy........

Kevin Smitley

quadnana7
05-29-2008, 11:51 AM
1st I would like to Thank everyone for their support and kind words it meant a lot to our family. Christian has read each and every post and it has made him feel better that he has people on his side. People can say anything they want to about me but leave the children out of it they are innocent and don't these people understand how malicious their words are to a 10 year old child.
Next thing I would like to mention is it has come to our attention that even thou we were torn down and proven to be under CC there are still people who think that we are still cheating even thou they were standing right in the blding where the protest took place. I may not be the smartest person on the rules and the quads but what else can be protested on a CVT. Whatever it is please let me know and I wish the person would either put up their money or shut up and stop the ugly rumors. To me they are insulting not only us but the ATVA also. I think the protest was run in a very professional manner with someone who has nothing to do with the mini class and chances are he did not know either family in the protest. He was a very knowlegable person in the industry and that is the way it should be. By the way the person that has started the rumors again does read these posts so I just want to let them know that enough is enough.
Again a great big THANKS for your support.

dcarter
05-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Hey Christian, Great ride this weekend!!! To everyone out there, I meet christian this winter when nana and papa brought him to pick up his bike at my shop. This young MAN is a great young MAN!!! and his grand parents and parents are super people!!! I know personaly how hard his nana and papa work to get him to the races and i know how hard he works at riding, he deserves every one's respect because he is one fine young Man!!
Christian i made a post early in the year that you would be up front, i know things did not go very well at pell city but look where you are now!!! up front and running away from the rest of the pack. Your nana and papa deserve a big pat on the back for all they do and you desevre a big pat on the back for the way you are riding. Great job and keep it up!!!!
I look forward to seeing you in the winners circle at ny.
Gaad luck DC

Reimer Racing
05-30-2008, 09:12 AM
I wish people would just give some credit to are riders. Just because you are getting beat does not mean the other dad is cheating.

If someone is beating you, watch their kid during pratice. ( I know it is hard not to watch your own kid ) See how fast they come into a turn or where they are doubling the jumps. It is not all motor that wins the race.

I should know, because with my son Zack's quad is alot faster if I put another rider on it. So I know his skill level is not there yet it. But it will be there someday.

LT80...... It was nice to meet up with you also. ( by the way the LT80 we were talking about, took 2nd at the TT race )

Ryko racing
05-31-2008, 10:11 AM
Let them keep putting up the money.$200 bucks every race is like a gas card.. priceless...

hotquads1
05-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by etondaddy
Well said Marc.......... a couple of times I was going to try to find yea at High Point and got distracted...... I though I found yea when I found nana..... hope to find yea at PVR just to say hi. I'm the fat guy in the silly hat...... I thought when we went 4 stroke I was done picking him up......... but I have to get him in second gear...:huh

Mike Kozura

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/Picture109.jpg
Mike , sorry we didnt get to meet at the race , but when you see me at the next race, I will be the other fat guy wearing a silly hat. LOL
Nana, I got plenty of head gaskets , let them protest you every week or until their wallet is empty!
marc

hotquads1
05-31-2008, 11:03 AM
nana, check out the pic and the article on Christian in this well known magazine... makes ya proud
http://www.atvyoungguns.com/HotQ_MXRepRd5_5-24.html
marc

DFerguson70
06-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Nana:

We met you guys at our first and only National Race. You guys are the best example I've ever seen of the golden rule "treat others as you would like to be treated." Your family welcomes everyone and we are honored that you went the extra mile to make sure the kids enjoyed their time after the races. (Although our kid fell asleep due to exhaustion) - I know she would have had a great time with the silly string if she stayed awake long enough for it!!! I'm sorry that Christian was treated so disrespectly by an adult and that the drama continues after it should very well be over, but I hope all the responses to this post shows him that he has the support of all the racers and parents.

Go Christian!!! We are all cheering for you!!

The Ferguson's

Daemarie #70

l

LT80
06-05-2008, 08:24 AM
After some serious thought, I think Nana should confront the jerk and explain that he owes Christian a big appology.
Should an appology not happen, then I refer to my 1st post and name the foo.
If I could come to Unadilla, I'd certainly explain that to the guy.
I'd kindly explain that he can call us old-fat farts, fat, but the kid was out of bounds.
I hated being called fat when I was young.

quadnana7
06-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Jack sent you a pm

Tyler's Dad 95y
06-16-2008, 12:04 PM
I noticed that when we started racing we had ALOT of
friends at the tracks. Until one day my son decided to
turn on the power and won his first race. From that day
on we had people talking bad and saying we were
cheating.
Now when we go to the track I only have a hand full of
friends that will even look our direction.(Only 1 in our class)
I was warned that this happens everywhere. But I didn't
belive it. Lesson Learned!!
:rolleyes:

Just keep Winning!!
Don't listen to the Jerk... You are a Better man then he
will ever be! He is just jealous because you could beet him!!

wolfpack91
06-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Little buddy, you keep your head hung HIGH and just ride the wheels off that 70! There are a lot of other people that are just jellous of your skills. Truth be known, the person protesting is chaeating and can't handle being beat by a legal bike.

My family and I have run into this locally this year with my oldest son. We haven't been able to afford to race as much as the others racing for points. Well we show up and spank 'em and the BS started from there. We all of a sudden became cheaters and dirty sports for no reason other than some people are poor sports. Troy was threatened by an "A" rider and his father (Troy is in the youth 300 class by the way) that he was going to be taken out the first chance. Since all "Big" quads practice together, I have to only let him on the track for a lap or two so that they don't get a chance. Personally I'd rather just take them back behind the shed for a little attitude adjustment, but they aren't worth the time. So instead, I kill them with kindness everytime I see them. I wave and say hello and all that good stuff. That way I'm not stooping to their level.

:devil:

randyl@mschev.c
06-17-2008, 07:58 AM
I got my son into this sport to get away from all the politics and B.S. I hope this never filters down to Alabama because I'm not as easy going when a so called grown-up is whining about a innocent child that is just having fun,I mean isn't it supposed to be all about having fun.I want to win every race but we don't but that always gives you something to look forward to the next time.I have met some of the nicest people since we started this a year ago,I just wish we would've started sooner.

Randy

STOCKRACING917
06-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Good reply Randy. Think how boring Nascar would be if the same driver won every time. Diversity is good and you can't win em all, but we are sure looking forward to our first. :)

dblacks
06-17-2008, 09:19 AM
it happens in every series and other sports besides Racing but especially in racing.

Parents have a ton of money invested in their kids quads and then see it beat by another kid and yes the assume someone is cheating. "No way I can spend so much on my kids quad and have it beat by that other kid." some parents just forget their kid isnt the next John Natalie and figure you must be cheating to beat them. They also forget that kids are kids and they can't be at the top of their game everyday.

I have seen it at local racing that almost has no rules, Other series including the best regional series out there(NEATV) and obviosly it happens at nationals too.

You may not always see it but as soon as your kid starts doing well it is something that becomes very appearent.

#404's Dad
06-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by dblacks
it happens in every series and other sports besides Racing but especially in racing.

Parents have a ton of money invested in their kids quads and then see it beat by another kid and yes the assume someone is cheating. "No way I can spend so much on my kids quad and have it beat by that other kid." some parents just forget their kid isnt the next John Natalie and figure you must be cheating to beat them. They also forget that kids are kids and they can't be at the top of their game everyday.

I have seen it at local racing that almost has no rules, Other series including the best regional series out there(NEATV) and obviosly it happens at nationals too.

You may not always see it but as soon as your kid starts doing well it is something that becomes very appearent.

Best post in this thread yet !!!

randyl@mschev.c
06-17-2008, 11:05 AM
When we started less than a year ago I took my son to his first race in my pick-up with his new STOCK 4-wheeler in the bed,4 races later I am having a race-ready 4-wheeler shipped from Michigan and we also now have a toy hauler/camper to stay in now so I know all about spending money on racing but its still should be fun and no drama. The best reward for my investment is driving to the races and looking in the back seat and seeing my son asleep knowing he is w/me and not out with the wrong
crowd or whatever is all the satisfaction i need! Parents your children are like sponges, they soak up everything you do and say so as a parent let's try to keep things on the up and up HAVE FUN!

Randy

DoubleDad
06-18-2008, 05:53 AM
You are exactly right Randy. I can't take credit for this quote , I read it on another forum but it makes sense. " take your kids to the track and you won't have to keep track of your kids".