PDA

View Full Version : shock question?

alpantz
05-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey everyone Im having a big issue im wondering for you guys that have elka or fox shocks what does it feel like when you land from a good 10-15 feet in the air cause I know my stock shocks suck *** it hurts like hell its not really enjoyable to ride any feedback would be great thanks. Oh heres some pics of me at the track. I was wondering do you think I should spend the money to upgrade this quad or just go ahead and get a ltr450 cause im really wanting one.

alpantz
05-26-2008, 01:01 PM
pic

alpantz
05-26-2008, 01:03 PM
pic

soberagain150
05-26-2008, 02:20 PM
you could always tighten the compression screw and make it stiffer. my shocks are revalved and resprung and i needed to tighten my compression on my shocks and tune it better at the track. it looks like you have stock shocks... tighten the compression screw on the shock at the top c if that helps

jonboy
05-26-2008, 07:37 PM
There are several companies that offer rebuild and revalving kits for your stock shocks. My personal favorite would be works. Hygear suspension is another that I've been hearing good things from and GT are just a few. Works has got alot of experience in this field and can almost deliver exactly what you want. You might have to dial them in just a little when you recieve them.

TheNewn
05-27-2008, 02:35 AM
As others have said, something to really consider before dumping money on a new LTR would be tos end your stock shocks to C&D Racing or GT Thunder.

C&D Racing is this sites primary sponsor, and has their own section of the forum where you can ask him questions.

Colby i think his name is, pretty knowledgeable. You should speak with both of these companies on price and what you're after and im sure they could help you out. I've heard good things about both of them.

I think the Z400 is a great quad and is worth putting money into (unlike, in my opinion, the 400EX).

Although if you are strictly track racing, you might just want to go ahead and get that LTR.

airmobile101
05-27-2008, 03:48 AM
www.dirtworksmotorsports.com

alpantz
05-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I was wondering though is it a pretty plush landing with the revalved shocks or after market shocks and is there a big difference in revalved shocks and aftermarket shocks?

Thanks

TheNewn
05-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Go ahead and call the companies, and ask them about it.

airmobile101
05-27-2008, 06:10 PM
A revalve and re-spring is cheaper. It pretty much depends on your riding. You wont regret a revalve job if thats what your worried about. Well worth the money!!!