PDA

View Full Version : Kenda Klaw xcf & mxf fronts?

jhr400EX
11-28-2002, 09:36 PM
Does anyone here run these tires? I am looking at the Klaw XCF fronts to go with the set of Knarly's I am getting for Christmas. Also, does anyone run the knarly rear? If so, how do they hook up in trails, mud, snow, etc?

11-28-2002, 10:02 PM
I was looking at the klaw fronts but couldnt get any rider info on them.

I have the knarly (desert dogs) rear and its a real good tire and most of all its not made by ITP.

If your not into fixing flats you will love this tire cause its almost bullet proof. I run mostly in sand and some hard pack and run about 2lbs in them for better traction and cause sand doesnt bang up your rims much :) but I have had it to pa a few times and ran it through all the rocks and stumps and had zero problems, and yes it was with the too low pressure.

Depending on how your quad is set up you may need to work it a little harder to get traction right but it will hook up and slide as well.

Now anybody know about the klaw fronts?

jhr400EX
11-28-2002, 10:19 PM
thanks for the info 440. I can never get any rider info on the fronts either. I don't know if they aren't very popular or what. It's strange

11-29-2002, 04:43 AM
no prob.

The only time I have even seen the fronts on a quad is in their add, and I dont remember who it is but one of the better known pro's and the tire does look simalair to the razor but flatter profile. curently I have to say that I do like the ohtsu radials fronts except for the slopy stuff where they do push.

Sparks425Ex
11-29-2002, 06:48 AM
Went they the tires use on the KTM 520 quad.

I thought they hooked up pretty good on the KTM. But i have never seen them used anywhere else.

11-29-2002, 11:51 AM
yea the MXF and MXR were used on the KTM 520. There was also a review on them in i think ATV Action. They said that they were very good tires, lasted long and can be ruin in 2 direction for either soft stuiff or hard pack. UI might try them out they sound good

Extremeracer167
11-29-2002, 12:21 PM
I think i saw those fronts one Tim Farrs quad in an add. I think he uses them for the indoor races, but not the nationals?

Sparks425Ex
11-29-2002, 01:30 PM
Well If Tim uses them then they must be decent.

GT300
11-29-2002, 04:56 PM
I think there was a review on them at off-road.com on the raptor.