PDA

View Full Version : How are TCS Long Travel Shocks

dtek01
05-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Looking at maybe getting a set since I have heard bad things about Custom Axis shocks by some vendors.

Anyone have any experience with these. They look pretty darn similar to PEP.

Thanks!!

Motofool250r
05-25-2008, 11:04 PM
the ones that i rode 6 years ago were the best money could buy except for pep and the performance was similar. i know of a couple guys that have had them for 8 years or so on their bikes with no complaints.

TheNewn
05-26-2008, 12:07 AM
If you look hard enough, you'll find SOMEONE who has SOMETHING bad to say about ANY shock maker there is.

Custom Axis has to my knowledge built and kept a reputation for being one of the best. But you do pay for it.

If i were to buy a set of after market long travel shocks today, I'd make sure they were both compression and rebound adjustable. To my knowledge the TCS shocks are only compression adjustable. This may have changed since they joined back with...race tech? is it?

Someone else can shed more light on this.

dtek01
05-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Yea, I was told that Custom Axis was a great shock but since being bought out by Pennske that they are just not the same company anymore and customer service went down the tubes. Not sure how true this is.

I am not sure on the TCS shock adjustments yet. I was going to call Tuesday and get some details. They look good and Rece Tech may have helped or hurt.

I do know I had Race Tech revalved stockers back in the 80's when I raced and I loved them :)