PDA

View Full Version : need help!!!! polaris scrambler

atv_man2007
05-25-2008, 08:38 PM
a buddy has a polaris scrambler 2000 400 4x2 it idles and revs good but when you put it in gear it wont pull out like it dont have enough power then after a few secs of trying to pull out (and it wont )it dies like it floods it self we drained all the gas out and empty the oil ressy and self mixed the gas and poured straight in the empty fuel tank and got the same results and ideas?last ride rode great till went to pull on trailer it started up and wouldnt pull out to go on trailer?what could have happened no deep water or anything just simple trail rides.

TravEX
05-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Have you took the carb off and cleaned it good. Could be a clogged main jet. Also, to run pre-mix you have to buy a oil injector block off plate. With the oil tank empty, it is still trying to pump oil into the mixture, probably pumping air in there, and that will probably compound the problem.

Does it bog any time the throttle is revved? or just when it's in high gear?

atv_man2007
05-26-2008, 07:29 PM
not bogging just a hesitation while in neutral you cant make it bogg even if you w.o.t. but put it in gear and give it gas its weak on power but still idles fine but try to pull out and after a few seconds it dies like it floods .thats where it boggs after a few seconds of trying to pull out .

TravEX
05-27-2008, 06:16 AM
What about reverse with the over ride button pushed?

I'll have to search some of the forums, but a few years ago I think that a guy had a similar problem and it ended up being electrical. something to do with the over ride button affecting fwd gear too.

Again, I would take the carb off and give it a good cleaning, and run oil in the tank till you can get a block off plate to properly run premix. And try a new spark plug.

Also, if there is leftover oil in the line from the tank, it is pumping it in there, making you really rich with oil.

rundrave
05-27-2008, 06:56 AM
there are just too many variables here to narrow it down to exactly what the problem is

have you done a compression check?
what about the belt/clutches?

you should also check out this website www.gen3usa.com

that site is all about scramblers, trailblazers and 400 sports

there are plenty of ppl there that will be able to help you

good luck

atv_man2007
05-28-2008, 03:56 PM
took carb off cleaned everthing put back together still same prob reverse overide seems fine weak in reverse also he said the day before this happened it made a loud pop backire he said but ran fine the rest of that day .what could a bad backfire damage or what could have caused the backfire but still allow it to run fine for a limited time frame.and does anyone know how to test the coil with a ohms meter and what it should read maybe weak fire from coil at this point we are scratching our heads bald .i dont have a way of checking compression but still hard to pull starts the same doesnt feel weak and the belts and clutches will prob be next checked as well.

Bayou220rider
05-29-2008, 06:20 AM
did you check the float because that sounds like what wrong because the same thing happend to my bayou it would idle and then the minute i put it in gear it would die. the float will get stuck open and to much gas will go in

Bayou220rider
05-29-2008, 06:22 AM
Also check the valves back fire means there off and that will really make it run like crap

atv_man2007
06-08-2008, 04:45 PM
broke reed was the prob thanks all for the ideas backfire must have damaged it or it being broke was the reason for the backfire either way broke reed.