Kickstarts-suck
05-25-2008, 06:59 PM
How do I get a laptop on the internet?

Do I need a special modem.

I have comcast.

Sorry never had a laptop before.

mittman
05-25-2008, 07:27 PM
it depends what kind you have? mine has one built in and some need a wireless card. will only work if you have wireless router or you can get one of those nextel-verizon cards which you can use just about anywhere

Kickstarts-suck
05-25-2008, 07:30 PM
It is an ASUS G1Sn-X1

http://www.mysimon.com/9024-3121_8-32976317.html

mittman
05-25-2008, 08:19 PM
it says Wireless LAN antenna built in so it should work as long as you have a router that is wireless. i have verizon internet all i had to do was go into internet connections click on wireless and get the serial number off the bottom of my router ( dont know anything about your computer) your manual should say how to set it up.

Kickstarts-suck
05-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by mittman
it says Wireless LAN antenna built in so it should work as long as you have a router that is wireless. i have verizon internet all i had to do was go into internet connections click on wireless and get the serial number off the bottom of my router ( dont know anything about your computer) your manual should say how to set it up.

I dont have a wireless router so I guess thats my problem. I was hoping I could connect my Ethernet cable to it from my desktop modem and it would work.

Guess ill go get a wireless router.

Thanks for the help

mittman
05-26-2008, 12:14 PM
dude im sry i was really tired last night. what i told you i was wrong if you wanted to walk around your house without a cord you would need a wireless router. Did you plug ur cord into your comp yet? if nothing happeded then go to control panel and look for internet connections then when you click on it should say something about setting up internet connection it will prob ask you to type in serial number or something like that. That number should be on the bottom of your router

i know there are some computer people on here but must be away for holiday.

Rip_Tear
05-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Just plug your ethernet cable into your laptop. The only think you might need to do is set up your internet connection (username and password) and it should work if it's XP or above, on an older system like 98 you'll have some fun with it.

Kickstarts-suck
05-26-2008, 07:56 PM
took it to my uncles house ( he works on computers as a living) and it worked fine with wireless but we still could not get it to work with the cord from a modem. We did the internet connection stuff and everything and still couldn't get it working.

:ermm: