PDA

View Full Version : Holiday wk end = BORING

QuadJunkies
05-25-2008, 06:33 PM
The one wk end that the weather was really nice and I actually got off a few extra days from work to take in some much needed seat time .... and I ended up sitting on my butt ALL three days..Q

My quad had to see the Dr. to find out why shes sick,1st time ever she has been ill. Im hoping its just a Stator issue.ITs very bizarre..

We have no plans for the ENTIRE summer ... Im gonna go sitr crazy:scary: Im not used to sitting around the house on my days off. lol

Anyone else just chillin for the holiday wk end?

Ruby Soho
05-25-2008, 06:37 PM
i didnt do much at all this weekend, and nothing is on the list

the best thing i did all weekend was rip on my friends 110 for a few hours:chinese:

05-25-2008, 06:47 PM
let's see..i mowed the yard yesterday...went for about a 3 hour ride today then raked the yard after...tomorrow i am going to grind out a stump and maybe look at a leaking rain gutter if i get the quad washed in time...way more work than play this weekend...great way to spend a long 3 day weekend

QuadJunkies
05-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
let's see..i mowed the yard yesterday...went for about a 3 hour ride today then raked the yard after...tomorrow i am going to grind out a stump and maybe look at a leaking rain gutter if i get the quad washed in time...way more work than play this weekend...great way to spend a long 3 day weekend
lol well Im glad to hear Im nto the only one , I think Ill finish painting my office tomorrow and maybe work on my yard.
Id much rather go riding though.:ermm:
lol

mittman
05-25-2008, 07:23 PM
well this weekend was ok had a party up at camp, rode around camp, hit some jumps and saved a baby deer thats about it

mittman
05-25-2008, 07:24 PM
lol

QuadJunkies
05-25-2008, 08:00 PM
LOL^^ :p
Why did you have to save the baby?

zukirules
05-25-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm with ya on this one, sat around the house cause my engine cases need a transplant, and now I feel I need a lil liquid in my body haha :devil:

wvspeedfreak
05-25-2008, 08:16 PM
About 50% work and 50% play so far this weekend.Austin and I went to Breezewood Friday,came home and cleaned the quads.Saturday morning we all worked around the house getting stuff done we have put off way too long :p Saturday night we went to the dirt track races.Sunday morning more work around the house,rode the quads around here for a couple hours.Had a cookout and I just got back in from roasting marshmallows over a campfire...............and drinkin' a few Land Sharks :D Tomorrow I will probably mow the lawn :ermm:

mittman
05-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
LOL^^ :p
Why did you have to save the baby?

well friday we satyed out at camp and about 1:30 i went out to shut off the generator (yes our camp doesnt have any power or phone) i herd something crying and didnt know what it was so saturday i got up around 7:00 and herd it again but i went to work. came back around 6:00 and herd it again and said ok i have to go see what it is its was a fawn laying there so i left it alone and didnt hear it today. went back there around 6:00 again and was laying in same spot. i figured if the mom didnt come back it either got killed or something so took it to a guy that owns a deer farm and said he would take care of it.

QuadJunkies
05-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
About 50% work and 50% play so far this weekend.Austin and I went to Breezewood Friday,came home and cleaned the quads.Saturday morning we all worked around the house getting stuff done we have put off way too long :p Saturday night we went to the dirt track races.Sunday morning more work around the house,rode the quads around here for a couple hours.Had a cookout and I just got back in from roasting marshmallows over a campfire...............and drinkin' a few Land Sharks :D Tomorrow I will probably mow the lawn :ermm:
Even if I could have rode today, I dont think Kelsey would have gone with me cause she worked very hard on shining up her quad to sell this week and doesnt want to get it dirty.lol:p
Did Austin race dirt track this wk end?

QuadJunkies
05-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by mittman
well friday we satyed out at camp and about 1:30 i went out to shut off the generator (yes our camp doesnt have any power or phone) i herd something crying and didnt know what it was so saturday i got up around 7:00 and herd it again but i went to work. came back around 6:00 and herd it again and said ok i have to go see what it is its was a fawn laying there so i left it alone and didnt hear it today. went back there around 6:00 again and was laying in same spot. i figured if the mom didnt come back it either got killed or something so took it to a guy that owns a deer farm and said he would take care of it.
Its so cute!:) good thing you heard it and was there to rescue it.

CannondaleRider
05-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Pretty boring weekend for me.

I work on Saturdays, so this is the first two day weekend I've had outside of racing in a while...although the Tuesdays after a Monday off freakin BLOW, so it's not always worth it. lol.

Didn't feel at all up to prepping the bike for riding, after Hollister, so I wasn't able to plan a practice session at Speedworld this weekend.

Enjoying a few drinks now....prolly sleep in tomorrow...then maybe try to find something productive to do.

Yeah...unexciting, haha.

By the way, Tina...I saw the deal on you selling Kelsey's bike. What are you planning on putting her on?

Also by the way....make sure everyone thinks of our service men/women who have gave the ultimate sacrifice, for us to freely enjoy the things we do. This is what this holiday is about...make sure to remember that. :)

wilkin250r
05-26-2008, 02:11 AM
Holiday weekends are busy for me, I've been working a lot of hours, with still more in front of me. I did manage to get on the quad for a few hours, though.

In the long-term looking at the summer, I've got one dune trip planned, but hopefully my second job works out well and I won't have a single day off, and I can put some coin in my pocket and get my happy-a** back to school in the Fall and finish my degree.

05-26-2008, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Holiday weekends are busy for me, I've been working a lot of hours, with still more in front of me. I did manage to get on the quad for a few hours, though.

In the long-term looking at the summer, I've got one dune trip planned, but hopefully my second job works out well and I won't have a single day off, and I can put some coin in my pocket and get my happy-a** back to school in the Fall and finish my degree.

what you going for?

honda8&3
05-26-2008, 09:15 AM
I ripped a few of my friends dirt bikes all day sunday (kx125, kx250f, yz85) and my quad and today im going to my gf's house lol:chinese:

QuadJunkies
05-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider

By the way, Tina...I saw the deal on you selling Kelsey's bike. What are you planning on putting her on?

Ill post it if we end up getting it ,but its soooo sweet... Its out of the PA area.
Ill leave it a surprise!! :D

Just some minor motor swapping involved and new PC and it should be good to go.
Ive had a few emails on her quad,so we will see if any of them are serious buyers.
IF it doesent sell after June, we will have to wait on things.
Its tough to say with the economy right now, but the price is a steal.

QuadJunkies
05-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

Good for you!
Im going to spend some time in the upcoming months on learning photshop abit and improving some photo skills so Ill be ready for Endurocrss in Aug.:D
Ive been neding some down time to do that,now I just need a tutor.:o
With the kids home from school this next week,my quiet house will be no more-all the more reason to get my office done so I can hide ...:p
Troy starts his new job tomorrow,hes going stir crazy at home .

CannondaleRider
05-26-2008, 12:25 PM

Troy starts his new job tomorrow,hes going stir crazy at home .

He get the deal with FedEx?

QuadJunkies
05-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
He get the deal with FedEx?
Yeah... we will see how that all pans out ,still looking to relocate when the timing is right. With any luck maybe they will offer him a transfer down the road.

450rJam
05-26-2008, 01:35 PM
been raining here for 2 days (my yard looks like a lake) my daughter turned 13, I have had a house full of screaming kids running around for 2 days, but I cant go anywhere because we are leaving wednesday for little sahara oklahoma

so im trying not to spend the vacation money

sooooooo, im sitting around the house looking at ride scrap books and dune pictures on the net

yeah, im jones'n

first trip on the 450r after port/polish/piston

400ex28
05-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Was going to ride today but it rained overnight and today :(

wvspeedfreak
05-26-2008, 04:04 PM

Did Austin race dirt track this wk end?

No we went to the car races.

05-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Well we had a kick butt weekend! We took our first trip to sell stuff at High Point. It was sweet! I go all the time to watch the race, but this time I had more fun selling parts and talking to people. It was a blast! We gave out stickers, shirts, and tons of other goodies. It was non stop friday to sunday. I am so sun burnt and I would do it all over again. But now its time to get back in my shop and sell some parts and fix a few quads. But ya, I had a kick butt weekend for sure! Sorry you guys missed it, and if you was there let me know how we did!