View Full Version : Ufc

400exkid2
05-25-2008, 09:56 AM
who saw the fight last night between BJ penn and Sean Sherk

450raider
05-25-2008, 12:50 PM
i just caught the end of it and wasnt really paying attention but heres what happened

that dude (cant remember name) beat tito ortiz by decision

silva beat keith jardine by KO

bj penn beat sherk by TKO to retain

400exkid2
05-25-2008, 01:03 PM
ya i saw it to there was some good fights in that one

hungus07trx400
05-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Lyoto Machida beat ortiz. He's 13-0 now, nobody can figure out how to beat him. Tito was getting pissed off because machida was getting out of everything he threw at him. He's the only guy out there right now using karate so effectively, you can see all the differences between his style and everyone elses that studies BJJ, he's incredibly elusive, and wicked fast. He's gonna be a monster if he stays with it.

trx400EXtreme
05-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by hungus07trx400
Lyoto Machida beat ortiz. He's 13-0 now, nobody can figure out how to beat him. Tito was getting pissed off because machida was getting out of everything he threw at him. He's the only guy out there right now using karate so effectively, you can see all the differences between his style and everyone elses that studies BJJ, he's incredibly elusive, and wicked fast. He's gonna be a monster if he stays with it. yea Tito was pissed at the end of the first round. it was funny.

c450Razy
05-28-2008, 02:09 PM
tito almost had him in that triangle... it was very deep and he was just a few seconds from tapin..

TRX450RACER174
05-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Lyoto Machida beat ortiz. He's 13-0 now, nobody can figure out how to beat him. Tito was getting pissed off because machida was getting out of everything he threw at him. He's the only guy out there right now using karate so effectively, you can see all the differences between his style and everyone elses that studies BJJ, he's incredibly elusive, and wicked fast. He's gonna be a monster if he stays with it.

That guy sucks the whole time he was backing up running around very disapointing he landed some good shots but i don't feel it was a great fight at all.

reptikes
05-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
That guy sucks the whole time he was backing up running around very disapointing he landed some good shots but i don't feel it was a great fight at all.

Completely agree, Machida has never fought anybody even half decent. Put him against a top 10 guy and see what he does. I think Titos a bum always has been, but Machida didn't impress me.

And (hungus07trx400), what are you talking about he showed NO BJJ in that fight. Nor in his last fight. He's not elusive or wiched fast, as you put it. He got a nice record of wins on paper against nobodys.

An impressive win would have been, Rousimar Palhares a new comer with lightning speed and strengh with his BJJ pulling a first round win or Penn calculatedly tore down exchamp Sherk, or better yet The AxeMurderer destroying The Dean Of Mean to the point of unconsciousness. Again what did Machida accomplish?

bcg717
05-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Tito vs. Machida fight was a huge dissapointment. Machida didnt impress me at all.

Pipeless416
05-28-2008, 06:04 PM
not to get off topic, but im not really into ufc and i was wondering what you think of clay guida? he went to my highschool..

400exkid2
05-28-2008, 06:47 PM
clay he is a good fighter i think
i have a kid in my school that has a contract with ufc he is one of my best freinds

reptikes
05-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
not to get off topic, but im not really into ufc and i was wondering what you think of clay guida? he went to my highschool..

He's a good fighter (should have beaten, was beating Roger Huerta and got caught in a choke) Now Huerta is fighting Florian and the winner gets a title shot against BJ Penn. Could have easily been Clay and Florian fighting for a title shot!

tgreenz400
05-28-2008, 09:00 PM
I never would of thought that Silva was 31 :huh

madskrillz2
05-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by tgreenz400
I never would of thought that Silva was 31 :huh

haha yeah that's what years of being beat in the face will do to you. even though i LOVE Wanderlei Silva (my favorite fighter) he IS one ugly SOB. i think he looks just like a gorilla.

dehner47
05-29-2008, 07:26 AM
no,they want a fight between the winner of florian and huerta.but they wont be.after bj penn called out gsp,thats gonna be the next fight.dana white will give the fans the fight they want.and thats the one in my opinion.my 2 favorite fighters.gonna be a tuff to choose a winner in that one.

and "the carpenter" is a great fighter.the gueda/huerta fight was a classic fight in my opinion.huerta was just in better shape and could get guedas back.not sure if yall have ever trained in bjj but its very very hard to choke someone out after 3 rounds of fighting.so for roger to take his back like that,sink those hooks in and choke out a class act like "the carpenter" that shows that roger huerta is a force to be recon with in the ufc..

Originally posted by reptikes
He's a good fighter (should have beaten, was beating Roger Huerta and got caught in a choke) Now Huerta is fighting Florian and the winner gets a title shot against BJ Penn. Could have easily been Clay and Florian fighting for a title shot!

hungus07trx400
05-29-2008, 09:37 AM
To reptikes - read my post again. I talked about how his style is DIFFERENT than BJJ. And you must not know that much about The sport, because he has beaten some decent people. You guys think he cares if it was a "good fight"? The trick is to NOT GET HIT. Being ELUSIVE. I doubt he's sitting there thinking, "jesus, you know what? I've been maneuvering around and away from everything Ortiz has thrown at me, but to make sure the pay per view crowd gets the money's worth, I think Im gonna let him jack in the teeth. Everyone starts off fighting lesser guys, nobody gets the best fights in the beginning of their careers. But keep an eye on him and what he does, and then talk to me when he's beaten your heroes.

400exkid2
05-29-2008, 10:32 AM
hungus i agree with you he is a good fighter i like how he moves around all the time an how he is soÂ_ quick

TRX450RACER174
05-29-2008, 01:49 PM
To reptikes - read my post again. I talked about how his style is DIFFERENT than BJJ. And you must not know that much about The sport, because he has beaten some decent people. You guys think he cares if it was a "good fight"? The trick is to NOT GET HIT. Being ELUSIVE. I doubt he's sitting there thinking, "jesus, you know what? I've been maneuvering around and away from everything Ortiz has thrown at me, but to make sure the pay per view crowd gets the money's worth, I think Im gonna let him jack in the teeth. Everyone starts off fighting lesser guys, nobody gets the best fights in the beginning of their careers. But keep an eye on him and what he does, and then talk to me when he's beaten your heroes.

There is a difference with being elusive and plain running around, Tito was the agressor in that fight and Machida did nothing impressing but it is what it is.

wantablaster
05-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by reptikes
Completely agree, Machida has never fought anybody even half decent. Put him against a top 10 guy and see what he does. I think Titos a bum always has been, but Machida didn't impress me.

And (hungus07trx400), what are you talking about he showed NO BJJ in that fight. Nor in his last fight. He's not elusive or wiched fast, as you put it. He got a nice record of wins on paper against nobodys.

You really must not know to much about the sport lyoto is very evasive and a great technician, he also landed nearly 80% of his shots on ortiz and ortiz barely hit him with anything. He dropped Tito with a knee to the liver, its not just about going out and pounding guys the sport has evolved from that and is much more technical now.

Next to say that he hasnt beaten anybody you must have never looked at who he has fought, is Bj Penn a nobody, what about Rich Franklin ( Machida is the only fighter other than anderson silva to beat rich, he tkoed him in the 1st min of the 2nd rd ) , Stephan Bonnar, Sokodjou ( who koed 2 top 10 lhw's in under 3 minutes combined in pride before he fought lyoto ), David Heath ( was 7 - 0 before they fought ) and you can add Ortiz onto that list now.

Also, to say that he didnt use any bjj in his last fight is ridiculous considering he submitted Sokodjou with an arm triangle in the 2nd round. Soko was coming of 2 ko wins as I already said and seemed invincible and lyoto picked him apart on the feet before using his bjj to make him tap.

One last thing the reason lyoto might have seemed boring is because he was very sick coming into this fight and apologized for his performance even though he still dominated.

c450Razy
05-30-2008, 01:03 AM
I think BJ Penn made a huge mistake calling out GSP... GSP is the hottest figter in the sport right now, he's on a diff level compared to everyone else right now.. i see him holding a belt for a loooong time...

450raider
05-30-2008, 08:10 AM
^^^ i agree^^^ but a few more thoughts

and i liked tito and thought he was alright, i wonder where to now that hes done with ufc

ken shamrock sucks
frank shamrock rules

has anyone watched elitexc? im totally on board with a womens division, and ill tell ya id like to see kimbo in ufc against tim silvia or brock lesnar

madskrillz2
05-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
^^^ i agree^^^ but a few more thoughts

and i liked tito and thought he was alright, i wonder where to now that hes done with ufc

ken shamrock sucks
frank shamrock rules

has anyone watched elitexc? im totally on board with a womens division, and ill tell ya id like to see kimbo in ufc against tim silvia or brock lesnar

I like Kimbo a lot myself but it's a little early to be saying that. I say atleast let him get 8 fights under him before he fights someone like that.

wantablaster
05-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by 450raider

Elitexc is going to be having a show saturday night on CBS Kimbo is fighting James Thompson. But, Kimbo wont be fighting in the UFC anytime soon Dana has already said that he wont bring him in to fight and Tim Sylvia isnt in the UFC anymore hes going to be fighting Fedor on the affliction card pretty soon.

Also the best fight of the weekend will be Pulver vs Faber for the WEC 145 title which will be aired for free on Vs. This card is going to blow the elitexc card out of the water.

hungus07trx400
08-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Never bumped an old thread in my life, but was looking through some of my old posts as I haven't been around in a while, and thought this thread was pretty funny considering where Machida is now.

reptikes
08-18-2009, 09:07 AM
I still don't like Machida! All though the Evans fight did impress me. It wasn't the same run hit, run hit. If Shogun can't beat him (and Shogun hasn't shown he can lately) then Machida will keep that belt for a while. I think Vera is still a prospect at 205. Once his feet are set i think hell do big things.