PDA

View Full Version : stock 2004 yfz?

motojedi
05-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi,i live in the albany area of n.y. and my 04 yfz is stock first off.My question is can i safely operate it with the silencer out and airbox lid off??I have recentaly done this and noticed that it woke it up,i will obviously pay attention to condition i ride in i.e. water,heavy dust...I just dont want to lean it out to much so if anyone has had success without rejetting please let me know...

Thanks

Bill Fuller
05-24-2008, 01:08 PM
You will need to re-jet. When you say silencer out are you just talking about removing the core or are you suggesting taking the silencer off the head pipe?? It really doesn't matter you WILL have to re-jet. I would not recommend running with the silencer removed from the head pipe.

motojedi
05-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Actually i meant the spark arrestor was out and airbox lid off..I was told these bikes run a little rich from the factory so i should not encounter a lean issue.I wanted to see if someone with similar elavation had same set up.If i do need a rejet what do you recommend for jetting specs??I am trying to get a little more snap out it without getting into big$$ mods,if you new my wife you would understand i am lucky to have this machine at all ..Thanks for info..:D

Bill Fuller
05-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Most of the time they are actually jetted lean from the factory to pass California emissions:ermm: Re-jet so you won't have to ask her if you can re-build it.