PDA

View Full Version : Intake finaly finished

racerMX
05-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Just finished with the TM Motorsports custom intake today. All I have gotten to do is ride it in the parking lot next to the shop but it feels like a totaly different bike. The bottom end hits much, much harder then the stock set up. We will be at dynoing the qquad as soon as I get my power commander, hope next week. As soon as I dyno you will be the first to see the numbers it makes. After that I know you will be wanting the system and it will be available for $$$ dono yet but it's expensive.

It consists of a new throttle body, intake bell. filter, clamps, piping and wiring to make everything work.

www.myspace.com/tonymommone
www.tonymommone.com

step up
05-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Congradulations. cant wait to see what it will put out. And hope the price wont be too outrageous.

Is the bell bigger than the stocker?

THEMACHINIST
05-23-2008, 11:37 PM
can we have some picture of this intake?And good job guys :D

racerMX
05-24-2008, 06:26 AM
I'm very sorry I can't give away pic's of a top secert weapon. I know that the factory guys are trying to do anything they can to get the bottom end hit like this system makes. But after it is released then I'll will show you what it looks like. I will try to keep the price down as much as I can, so everyone can get it. And as far as pics goes.............

It is a different throttle body, 2inch turbo hose, a bell that goes from the filter to the back of the intake boot, a bell that goes from the front of the intake boot to the throttle body, a TPS wiring harness, 4 ss clamps and a K&N filter.

dbkbushwacker
05-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Does the kit eliminate the air box?

THEMACHINIST
05-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Are we going to need a high compression piston 13.5 and more or a stock to 13.1 will be ok?Cant wait to see the price of this beauty:D

ds450
05-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Im putting a bigger throttle body on mine and a bigger injector soon!

ScottB125
05-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Where are people getting the bigger TB?

Thanks

racerMX
05-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Let's think about this for a second. The piston is a vacume and the bigger the hole it sucks from the slower the air can go in. It's called the princable of "velocity". Think about this: when you put the little hole atachment on your shop vac you get a stronger suck, more velocity or if you keep the big one on there it works good but the velocity is down some CFM's. That is where this quad has a problem is the low end torque. So if you put a bigger throttle body on there you may increse the top end a little but loose what ever bottom you have, witch isn't much. So the stock body is 50mm i think, and mine is smaller than that. So what we have done is increse the low end torque that is much needed. When we tested it we didn't loose much top either. You can bolt this on a stock motor and it will hit very hard or if you do anything after this it will be even better. The throttle body is the biggest problem with the motor.

racerMX
05-26-2008, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by dbkbushwacker
Does the kit eliminate the air box?

no it doesn't. but we cut some holes in it so we could get more air in.

ds450
05-27-2008, 08:05 AM
How long until we will be able to see pictures and be able to buy it?

racerMX
05-28-2008, 07:38 AM
I am trying to get at least 10 of them ready to ship so I don't run out fast. I am thinking about a week or two.

ds450
05-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Do you know how much they are gonna cost about? And I work at a dealer so is there any dealer discounts?

racerMX
05-28-2008, 03:02 PM
maybe if they wanted to stock 2 or 3 of them i could give a discount.