PDA

View Full Version : Get it together

Simon MX49
05-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Has Can Am made any advances as to why the DS is not making it through the GNCC's? I'm tired of seeing racers Chris Bithell riding by as his bike starts spitting and sputtering right before it blows up. These guys have what it takes to be on the top step of the podium, and I know Can Am is working hard on figuring it out, I just wanna know if they've figured out why?

KILLSWITCHngage
05-23-2008, 09:20 AM
I thought Can am spent like 6 years researching and developing this quad, and its gonna REVOLUTIONIZE the sport of atv racing.. BS they aint proved a dang thing to me especially the gncc factory guys, i would shred my contract by now if i was them and ride something that stays in one peice.

hasbeenttduner
05-23-2008, 12:43 PM
They have been racing it for 10-11 months.I feel bad for those guys.They took a chance and got hosed for 08.

Simon MX49
05-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Chris Bithell has always been one of my favorite riders, and to see him on the sidelines almost every race is beyond old, it was old the first time it happened. I wish he'd go back to Honda, there's gonna be XC2 riders with a higher number plate than him next year

IAXCracer
05-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Yes I am sick of seeing all four big name XC1 Can Am factory racers out after the first hour of the race every time. I think that this could be another main reason why Duane Johnson decided to hang it up. Now granted that his baby daughter had been have very bad medical problem as of late but he had not been able to finish a whole race yet on that. Last year he was on a honda was in the mix on every race. They really need to figure their problem out, or hang it. I will never consider buy a Cant Am

ds450
05-25-2008, 08:13 AM
I work and a Can-Am dealer and I own one and I love it. The main problem why they are having so many problems is because teams are trying to get too much power out of them without researching parts more. I talked to a couple race teams and they leave the stock piston, they machine the head, bigger throttle body, and bigger injector for the worcs series and they are having no problems are they are winning.

ScottB125
05-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Coming from cars, anytime you take a new power-plant and race it, you are going to have issues. I don't know to what extent they modify the motors, but they may be stuck with stock parts at the moment. It can take the aftermarket manufacturers a long time to get parts to the market.

If in another 6 months, they are still sidelined, then, I will agree, CanAm needs to fix some stuff.

Simon MX49
05-27-2008, 08:12 PM
They should've got the hint by now if its in them trying to squeeze extra power out. They need to go back to stock, give the guys a chance, and do the testing on off weekend and during the weekdays.

I would like to send my prayers out to Duane Johnson and his family, hopefully his little girl will be ok, and he may one day return to racing

KILLSWITCHngage
05-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Speaking of gncc pros , Bryan Baker has went backwards since hes been on that Polaris, a few years ago he had number 7 on his honda. Same with Matt Smiley he raced for Polaris went backwards on season, got back on his Honda last year and owns a single digit number now. Same with Yokley on the Kawi, that relationship didnt last long, now hes on a honda and is running up front now. Talent shows when the real guys get to ride something that will hold together and run up front, I wouldnt ride a factory quad for a million dollar paycheck if its a pos, when i could ride something good and run with the fast guys. :devil:

Pappy
05-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Bithels latest issue deals with something in the programing which caused an issue (at the penton) I chatted with him sunday about the problems.

We have been running the snot out of our stock DS, so far not a single problem.