PDA

View Full Version : What are you doin after highschool?

hardkoratvmxr
05-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Well I did it. I graduated highschool May 22nd. What are all of you graduates doin after highschool? For me I will be attending MMI in June of 08 at the Phoenix campus. Does anyone else on here plan on attending MMI sometime in 08? I am sorta looking to meet some people to hang out with that way it isnt such a drag not knowin anyone.

miller821
05-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
Well I did it. I graduated highschool May 22nd. What are all of you graduates doin after highschool? For me I will be attending MMI in June of 08 at the Phoenix campus. Does anyone else on here plan on attending MMI sometime in 08? I am sorta looking to meet some people to hang out with that way it isnt such a drag not knowin anyone.

You opted for Arizona over Florida?

I thought about this school, and still kinda am... But I'm also kind of already in the Air Force, but I don't know if thats the road I want to take or not.... I might even go to a college around here and Major in Drafting.

fastredrider44
05-23-2008, 01:07 PM
No kiddin. I looked into goin, and Florida was where I would have chosen. I ended up going to a two year community school, and got an Associates Degree in Applied Science, with my major being Industrial Maintenance. That being said, school is still a drag, no matter where you go or how many friends you have there, but the real question is now what. Do I really want to go work at a plant for like 45 years before I can retire?

05-23-2008, 01:47 PM
2 years at community college taking the same classes that I would in the University but its easier to get into community college then the largest school in the US and it cheaper. So while I am paying less I will be working building up and saving money. Then after 2 years I will go to the University of Florida Majoring in Business Managment. Ah high school goes by so fast its crazy.

05-23-2008, 06:54 PM
I am taking an accounting class as an elective in my junior year of highschool and if I get into it I will major in that at the University of Pittsburgh in Greensburgh because it is real close to home and I think it is a good job.

hardkoratvmxr
05-24-2008, 08:59 AM
yea arizona over florida definately cost of living is cheaper and i like the weather in arizona a whole lot more than florida

416exfreak
05-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
yea arizona over florida definately cost of living is cheaper and i like the weather in arizona a whole lot more than florida

No kidding. At least in AZ, you dont have to worry about hurricanes coming and blowing everything you have away...:ermm:

suzukigirl
05-25-2008, 12:33 AM
i'm going to be a millwright...start the course in november, 24 week program, then i start my apprenticeship

Quad18star
05-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
i'm going to be a millwright...start the course in november, 24 week program, then i start my apprenticeship

Very good trade to get into. Lots of jobs right now. Being that you are a young lady .... the opportunities are endless for you in this trade.

Mxjunkie
05-25-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm trying like hell to get into a trade school for autobody.. eh someday :p

suzukigirl
05-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Very good trade to get into. Lots of jobs right now. Being that you are a young lady .... the opportunities are endless for you in this trade.

yeah, its a great time to be getting into the trades, especially this one

Sjorge450R
05-25-2008, 03:29 PM
i graduate June 16th. Then after that, I am going to Temple University in Philadelphia to study Mathematics education :D

flick007
05-25-2008, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoadRidin450r
I am taking an accounting class as an elective in my junior year of highschool and if I get into it I will major in that at the University of Pittsburgh in Greensburgh because it is real close to home and I think it is a good job. [/QUOTE

Very good sector of business, many job opportunities other than just strickly accounting positions. HS accounting classes tend to lean more towards bookkeeping rather than accounting principles. I'm a finance major but have taken 3 accounting classes. Just hope for good profs.

dpizz450
05-25-2008, 09:00 PM
i say just go to some kind of college and see where it takes you. see what you like and don't like. so many ppl change their majors. since i graduated in 07, i took that fall off and went back to school this past spring. i took a couple basic classes. it was alright. but mostly i've just been working doing different things. gonna go back to school in the fall and take more classes this time. i just don't know what i wanna major in or anything. just remember school isn't for everyone lol. not that it's bad to go to college, its deff a good thing and a lot more rewarding, but its just not for some people lol.

EX lvr
05-26-2008, 06:33 PM
USMC for me, headin to basic right now

MX MaNiAc 06
05-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Im going to Mercyhurt in Erie, PA to be a Physical Therapy Assistant.