PDA

View Full Version : Do you hate the reverse limiter or the fact you can't start in revers?

RobZ_450R
05-23-2008, 05:54 AM
For '05 & newer 400EX:

Simple fix - remove the reverse indicator wire right behind the gear shift lever. By doing this the ECU will not be able to tell that the vehicle is in reverse. Therefore, it won't input the reverse rev cut & you will be able to start the vehicle in reverse. The only downfall is that the reverse light will not be lit when the vehicle is in reverse.

mcwilly
05-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Good idea.
There's a thread (you'll have to find it, I'm too lazy :D ) with a different method. You simply cut one wire under your hood. You can start in reverse, no rev limit and the light still works. One of the best mods I've done.

jrafter
05-23-2008, 06:43 AM
a revbox will get rid of it to

hornetgod13
05-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Like mentioned above, most aftermarket CDI/Rev Boxes remove the reverse rev limiter.

The method that you mention above does work but makes the reverse light inoperable.

I found a much better way to do it that allows all lights to function, removes the reverse rev limiter, and enables your quad to start in reverse.

Only works on 2005-2007 models

Here's how:

Start with taking the hood off. Locate your CDI box, its a black box with 2 connectors plugged into it. One connector has 4 wires and the other connector has 2 wires. On the 4 wire connector you will have a Grey with Black stripe wire. Peel the tape back if needed and snip the Grey with Black stripe wire. Leave enough wire just in case you want to splice it back together at some point. Tape the ends of the wires so they won't touch each other. Now put the quad in reverse and fire it up. The reverse rev limiter is disabled, your reverse light will still work and, you will be able to RESTART it in reverse. Yes!!!

kilgoja
05-23-2008, 04:20 PM
cool i was looking at that thread awhile back...i definately am going to do this...and i do want the light to still work so thanks alot!

i never understood why they made it where it wouldn't start in reverse anyways...???

400ex07
10-03-2008, 04:06 PM
I just cut my wire and it worked perfect. I wish I knew about this a long time ago.