PDA

View Full Version : fcr probs

randallp1
05-22-2008, 10:23 PM
i have the 39mm fcr for the 400ex and the fuel nipple on the fcr pivots around back and forth and leaks gas. has this happened to anyone else if so how do you fix it. i was going to put some teflon tape or something on it. let me know.

NacsMXer
05-22-2008, 10:43 PM
It's meant to pivot but it sounds like the o-ring behind it is shot. Teflon tape will probably not hold up too well, you're better off taking it apart and replacing what broke. You can probably get the new part from www.sudco.com

On their website, under FCR MX diagram, it is #85: "O-ring, fuel joint" ;)

randallp1
05-22-2008, 11:02 PM
thanks for the info but that is prob the worst website ever. i have not yet taken the carb apart but doest that joint come out easy if you even know.

NacsMXer
05-22-2008, 11:15 PM
I have no idea, I have never taken that part off my FCR before. From the diagram schematic it looks like it is just a push-lock fit with the O-ring holding it in place...i'm not positive on that though. Sudco is one of the only places I know of to get specific parts for these carbs, you should give them a call about your question they are usually pretty good with these carbs.

randallp1
05-23-2008, 09:47 PM
hey man where did you get the supercooler and is it worth it? im looking for some way to drop 10-15 degrees on the 4hunny

NacsMXer
05-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Got the Supercooler through Desert Toyz ATV. A lot of members have been asking about it lately. It was definitely worth it but also cost a lot of money for the kit. I bought it a few years back but I don't know if they still offer a kit for the 400. You can give them a call at www.deserttoyzatv.com to find out.

You can also get a pair of SPAL fans for your stock oil cooler to help lower the temps. I believe you can PM the member 08400EX as he is a SPAL fan dealer.