PDA

View Full Version : Trail Tech Vapor/ DMC Alien Video:

Hondamaster5505
05-22-2008, 03:25 PM
New video of my Trail Tech Vapor computer and my DMC Alien exhaust with the QC S/A

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfVQCPyj854&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfVQCPyj854&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Speedy 400ex
05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Was the Trail Tech Vapor computer a hard instal? im thining of getting one but id have to get there bar clamp. :( Does it have a shift light?!?!?!?! :huh

Hondamaster5505
05-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Speedy 400ex
Was the Trail Tech Vapor computer a hard instal? im thining of getting one but id have to get there bar clamp. :( Does it have a shift light?!?!?!?! :huh

It was really easy, all except the speedometer pick-up. You need to drill a hole in the caliper to mount the pick-up, then a magnet bolt replaces a bolt in the break disc I believe. Its been a while. Its not really all THAT hard, plus it comes with directions on how to do it.

It comes with two plastic clamps. One for 7/8 bars and one for fat bars.

There's actually two indicator lights. One for a shift light (yellow) and one for a redline (red)

You set your own rpms. Instead of the red being red line, I set it as a racing shift light, and the yellow as a crusing shift light. I dont use the cruising one much, but I use the race ones. I can see it flashing in the corner of my eyes.

I only had it up to 61.4mph so far, but I had a little room left.

Speedy 400ex
05-22-2008, 04:08 PM
the speedometer pick-up has to be mounted to a brake caliper? or the bracket for the caliper? my fly bars have a cross bar and the rest of the bars are packed with controls. thats why i would need to get the mount/ dash kit for it.

05-22-2008, 04:13 PM
numbers are to jumpy for me i rather get a regular guage isntead of digital

Hondamaster5505
05-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Speedy 400ex
the speedometer pick-up has to be mounted to a brake caliper? or the bracket for the caliper? my fly bars have a cross bar and the rest of the bars are packed with controls. thats why i would need to get the mount/ dash kit for it.

You actually have to drill a hole IN the caliper. After you drill the hole, they give you a self tapping screw. to mount the sensor

Hondamaster5505
05-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
numbers are to jumpy for me i rather get a regular guage isntead of digital

Well, the camera kinda distorts the speedo. Its common for cameras for some reason..

But its also standing still. When riding, the bar is nice and smooth, and pretty precise.

DementeD
05-22-2008, 05:50 PM
not knockin ur purchase or anything
but the rpm's seem really laggy..im sure riding is different since u dont rev as fast..but the laggyness i dont like..other then that..very nice

Hondamaster5505
05-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by DementeD
not knockin ur purchase or anything
but the rpm's seem really laggy..im sure riding is different since u dont rev as fast..but the laggyness i dont like..other then that..very nice

Yeah, like I said, for some reason some cameras make them look like they're lagging, but they actually don't. I guess its because it has to process through two screens?:confused:

In person it lags very slightly, but not nearly as bad as the camera makes it look.

DementeD
05-22-2008, 08:09 PM
maybe the sound/video isnt nsync that makes it look laggy

Honda#4
05-22-2008, 08:50 PM
You might wanna turn the idle up a bit that may help, another great vid but something just doesnt seem jetted right or something.

Hondamaster5505
05-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
You might wanna turn the idle up a bit that may help, another great vid but something just doesnt seem jetted right or something.

In the vid she was still kinda cold. When shes warmed up for the day, she varies between 1300-1400rpm idling speed.

400ex's suck when they're cold:mad:

Honda#4
05-22-2008, 09:06 PM
400ex's suck when they're cold

42 Pilot cures that if not in, but yea ur right bout that, mine always ran great in the winter though

BSchorr
05-23-2008, 01:34 AM
Ive been waiting for someone to post a video on this, Here in SD we can ride on the streets here. So I need to get a Speedo!

Where do you hook up the RPM wire?

UNBROKEN
05-23-2008, 05:16 AM
wanted one of them but am low on funds , that alien is still pretty loud, lol

Hondamaster5505
05-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by BSchorr
Ive been waiting for someone to post a video on this, Here in SD we can ride on the streets here. So I need to get a Speedo!

Where do you hook up the RPM wire?

It's EXTREMELY easy!

Just wrap the tach wire around the spark plug wire/ignition wire (whatever you wanna call it) about 4-5 times.