PDA

View Full Version : migraines?

hondarider101
05-22-2008, 03:11 PM
who else gets em? i get em and have one now i have been sick forever now any tips on how to help em stop?

exrider12
05-22-2008, 05:34 PM
sleep:tired:

gncc025
05-22-2008, 08:01 PM
i get sinus headaches a lot. not a migraine but they can still hurt pretty bad. i started taking claritin and that seemed to help a lot. if its not sinuses, then i would prolly get to a doc to find the source of the problem.

ALAMX37
05-22-2008, 08:15 PM
My friend has them and his doctor prescribed some type of brain relaxant. He swears by them and never complains about his headaches anymore. Talk to your doctor maybe he can help.

moorhous
05-22-2008, 08:38 PM
could be some thing you have been eating. I know they suck sooo bad

KXRida
05-23-2008, 06:33 AM
I used to get them in high school and I didn't know why. Still never knew why. I do know I'm extremely light sensitive, but I was indoors when I got them. It was horrible. The pain down right sucked, but I always felt better once I threw up. I know if it's a super bright day out and I don't have sunglasses on I get a little headache, but I don't seem to get migranes anymore. When I had them, I'd go to the darkest room I could find (usually the highschool nurse's cot room thing) and lay there with a cold rag on my head. It helped sometimes, but I still got them.

hondarider101
05-23-2008, 07:53 AM
i have gone to the doc and never got any info on em so should i try some claritan. i sleep w/ a wet wrang on my head to cool me off but it aint helpin

gncc025
05-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by hondarider101
so should i try some claritan.

only if you think its related to allergies or ur sinuses. claritin is not a pain reliever, it just stops signs of allerigies which in return stops headaches related to allergies.

moorhous
05-23-2008, 03:00 PM
x2

660LE
05-23-2008, 04:12 PM
i had migraines for a week straight. i couldnt work, eat, nothing it was horrible and after i finally went to the doc he said it was a very good chance i had a case of viral menenghitis (sp?) that presented itself as a migraine. scary stuff. but he gave me 6 little pills to take. 100$ for them.. but it worked.

hondarider101
05-23-2008, 06:58 PM
yea my mom had a friend that had em for 17 days straight...... i need some help any info would be great and there not ralated to allergies cuz my mopm and more people in my family get em.

Quad18star
05-23-2008, 07:45 PM
My girlfriend gets pretty nasty migraines ... the doctor prescribed her a medication called Maxalt. It helps them go away quickly.

ROLLIN
05-23-2008, 08:14 PM
cut out all sugared and carbonated drinks, just drink water, milk and some oj. see it that does it. most headaches are caused by dehydration. next time your getting a headache check to see if your lips are dried and wrinkled... thats the first place your body will steal water from and your head (brain) needs water. so if someone tells you their getting a headache look at their lips....chaped=dehydration.... 70+ ounces of water a day...
doing the DEW wont cut it ... only makes it worse.

Robin Hood
05-24-2008, 01:59 AM
You gotta pin-point what triggers your migraines. For me, it's lack of sleep, lack of food, or certain types of foods. Usually when I get one, I relax w/ a bowl of cereal and just veg out for a short while. Also, my Art AP teacher noticed that I got them frequently and brought in some herbal mint cream that you rub into your temples, earlobes and on your sinuses. It relaxes you like no tomorrow and it actually worked. If I could find that stuff again I'd buy a crate full haha.

Giz400ex
05-24-2008, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
You gotta pin-point what triggers your migraines. For me, it's lack of sleep, lack of food, or certain types of foods. Usually when I get one, I relax w/ a bowl of cereal and just veg out for a short while. Also, my Art AP teacher noticed that I got them frequently and brought in some herbal mint cream that you rub into your temples, earlobes and on your sinuses. It relaxes you like no tomorrow and it actually worked. If I could find that stuff again I'd buy a crate full haha. I agree with Robin with finding out what triggers your migraines. With me its stress, if I allow to much on myself the next day I'll have a migraine. Also, are you currently on any meds??

hondarider101
05-24-2008, 07:50 AM
welll i drink plenty of water and i dont get dehidrated.... yea thats whats i had them maxmzlts in the lil bag, they help a lil for me... any more tips?

400exkid2
05-24-2008, 09:19 AM
when i get mine like i cant see out of my eye it gets all fuzzy an then part of my body goes numb i just go and lay down in a dark place an take an hour nap it works for me

400EXtreme
05-24-2008, 09:31 AM
do you have glasses? because you can get migraines from not wearing your glasses.

hondarider101
05-24-2008, 01:53 PM
yea i have glasses and contacts... glasses at home. and contacts at school. yea i have pin pointed it and its like hotdogs baked taters, and i know its not cuz of my vision i never leave w/ out something to see

QuadJunkies
05-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
My girlfriend gets pretty nasty migraines ... the doctor prescribed her a medication called Maxalt. It helps them go away quickly.
Thats what I take for mine if I cant them in time. Otherwise, its a shot in the butt and sometimes that doenst take it fully away for me.I like it because it has no real side effects to the meds.
The key to Migraines is catching them beforethey become full blown and figuring out what triggers them.
Allergies, Choclate,PMS,lack of sleep,eye straint,MSG, ect...
Also, headaches that are lasting for days on end can also be called "cluster headaches". I had one so bad once when I was at work that the pressure was so bad that it caused a bloodvessel in my eye to burst.
Cluster headaches are very painful .
I feel for anyone who has a true Migraine. they are very painful and its hard to really to anything when you have a full blown one.