PDA

View Full Version : 440ex cutting out...

big95xj
05-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Hey guys. I have a 440ex with the wiseco kit in it stage 2 cams fmf power core 4 with a powerbomb header and a cheap cone air filter. Yesterday i went out riding on it for the first time and when i got it up too 4th at wide open it started cutting out then in 5th it was cutting out bad. It was like it was like it was running out of gas. I had only noticed i once before and i thought it was out of gas so iput it on res and it ran but the only time it does it is in the dirt when i ride dowm the street i can go through all gears wide open ith no problems. any suggetions?

Thanks Bryant

big95xj
05-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Anybody?:confused:

bartlettracing
05-25-2008, 03:03 PM
pull the plug .... your either to rich or to lean . ... if the plug is white richen it up some ... black lean it out some .. also could be something causing it to be to rich ect like a dirty filter and or somthing casing it to be to lean like a lid not on correctly or the air tube has come disconnected ....

big95xj
05-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Ok ill mess with it tomorrow but i am wondering if the kid i got it from jetted it when he did all the work to the engine?