PDA

View Full Version : trail tech vapor computer

250r rider 88
05-21-2008, 09:53 PM
well took the r out for the break in ride the other day and i had picked up a vapor computer for it so i could keep track of everything (ride time, distance, speed, etc) and when i would rev high it would reset itself most rpm it ever recorded was right at 6000 anyhting above that it would reset

sooo... i emailed trailtech and this is what the guy (kid??) wrote me back:

It sounds like the internal battery may be getting some excess vibration, causing it to move around on the contacts. This can be remedied by removing the battery cover and placing a small piece of foam between the battery and the cover acting as a cushion to prevent the battery from moving around. I would have you give this a shot before anything else. If you do this, and the computer still resets itself let us know.

Thanks,

i will not post his name to bash him but seriously the 250R has a battery? since when?

anyone have an idea what could be causing this cause obviously there "tech person" has no idea

wilkin250r
05-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Are you using the quads power? Or does the Vapor have it's own internal battery?

If you're using power from the quad, is the Vapor able to accept AC power? I would figure it has to be DC.

05-21-2008, 10:22 PM
it has its own battery i think thats what he means an if its running off the quads power its shorting out cuz of the high rpms

an he said internal battery so i think he means the computer has a batter

05-21-2008, 10:43 PM
ok the viper has a batter in the back to help it save info an if you take that out or it moves it will rest (i looked up some info on it cuz i want one lol)

250r rider 88
05-21-2008, 11:57 PM
oh sh*t i feel like an idiot i just now realized he put internal before battery and i completely skipped over that lol its been along day:ermm:

05-22-2008, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
oh sh*t i feel like an idiot i just now realized he put internal before battery and i completely skipped over that lol its been along day:ermm:

lol its kool sh*t happins

05-22-2008, 05:46 AM
but over all do you like it im thinking about buying one?

250r rider 88
05-22-2008, 07:23 AM
yea i do like it, but if you are racing any i would think id take itoff during a race but thats jus me

05-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
yea i do like it, but if you are racing any i would think id take itoff during a race but thats jus me

yeah id leave the wires an take off the computer

ib2strokin
05-22-2008, 09:40 PM
i got one a couple weeks ago and i love it.... nothin like real time data! the best part is....i got mine for free!!!!...ordered off ebay and waited for a week after paying to see if it had been shipped, guy told me they ran out of stock before they could pull the listing so refunded my money. couple weeks later, i get home and have a package...guess what, yep, they forgot to take it off the ship list! they never tried to make contact with me or anything, but if they did i would have paid....

05-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by ib2strokin
i got one a couple weeks ago and i love it.... nothin like real time data! the best part is....i got mine for free!!!!...ordered off ebay and waited for a week after paying to see if it had been shipped, guy told me they ran out of stock before they could pull the listing so refunded my money. couple weeks later, i get home and have a package...guess what, yep, they forgot to take it off the ship list! they never tried to make contact with me or anything, but if they did i would have paid....

lol sweet