PDA

View Full Version : Need to know what its worth

krt400ex
05-21-2008, 04:53 PM
k guys, i got a 400ex that i am considering selling, and i know of a guy who is selling an '86 250R. visually it looks terrible, but mechanically it is pretty sweet. hes got a 310 stroker (no powervalve), 38mm Keihin carb, 22cc cool head, high comp piston, aftermarked reeds (i think its a RAD valve), and DG pipe. the engine has about 20 hrs on it since he rebuilt it, and he redid all the bearings and seals as well. he showed me the reciepts for all the parts and he did well over $1200 in replacement parts for the engine alone. this bike is the fastest 2 stroke i ever rode, and it pulls from idle all the way up super strong. i have never rode a two stroke that you could be almost stalled in 2nd, and you stab the throttle without clutch and the bike will stand up straight...its nuts.

the suspension is all stock, and it needs tires for sure. needs a new clutch cable and maybe a perch. i gotta get taller bars for it. the rear suspension felt ok, but i need to get new front shocks for it. i did not see any cracks in the frame, and all the bearings were fine.

he is asking $3000 firm for it, but i am thinking that is a little high beings that i do need to put a little bit of $$$ into it. what do you guys think it is worth?

Motofool250r
05-21-2008, 05:09 PM
i wouldn't pay much over 2000.00 for it seeing as the price of R's are today

jamesblown97
05-21-2008, 09:16 PM
$3000 is a bit steep motofool is pretty close i wouldnt give more than$2000 for it considering what i know about maybe a little less.

krt400ex
05-22-2008, 12:21 PM
thnx guys.

anyone else in the northeastern states got some info?