PDA

View Full Version : ATV OFFROAD 2 (disappointed)

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
11-28-2002, 04:44 PM
I am just a little disappointed about the game...I figured it would be more realistic.....I figured you would be able to mod the quads and alot of other things......

Ryan
11-28-2002, 04:47 PM
Just play it for awhile and you will love it. Its pretty similar to the old one but I think it is alot cooler.

Atreyu
11-28-2002, 05:20 PM
aside from online play, levels, and quads its not much different from #1..but still fun

monkeyboy
11-28-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by 250EX_extreme
I am just a little disappointed about the game...I figured it would be more realistic.....I figured you would be able to mod the quads and alot of other things......

slow ride :blah

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
11-28-2002, 07:03 PM
Does any 1 know the cheat codes to get all quads?

Twiztid
11-28-2002, 07:10 PM
u know whut i also hate about both games too, they dont have anything fox in it, thats pisses me off bing time, i have so much fox stuff its not funny. the game could be better, but hey i cant be greedy, the graphics are like 10x better to me, and they have kooler quads, and i like how it tells u how fast u go, not like in the old one where it just had a speedometer

11-28-2002, 07:13 PM
stop whining if it was as hard as real life ud suck, besides isnt the reason we play the game to get the quad we cant have in real life

"igiveup" unlcoks everything

Sparks425Ex
11-28-2002, 07:14 PM
IGIVEUP

That gives you everything you need. And personally I think it is a pretty sweet game.

Ryan
11-28-2002, 07:50 PM
It is a great game. I was going nuts when I was racing a really hard race I feel off the quad and just started again and then some guy just passed me and I had to get to the finish line before him. I had more adrenaline going threw me then on my real quad, lol:D

11-28-2002, 07:59 PM
2 workd's kicks @$$!

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
11-28-2002, 09:00 PM
Finally got somewhere without cheats...I figured I would work my way up!I have the Nacs bike!I LOVE IT!

lildude
11-28-2002, 09:08 PM
its pretty much the same as the first one cept for better bikes, better bike graphics and the only downside is the increase in the number of trees

PhilMoore
11-28-2002, 10:38 PM
I was slightly dissappointed too. I just got it last night ( I live in in the middle of nowhere).

I went through all the amature and pro championships last night, and none of the locked quads were showing up! I was starting to get ticked off. Well, I read the instructions and learned you have to buy the locked quads with your profile points. Now I am a little happier. Especially since I could unlock all but the two most expensive quads!

The mud and water is a good idea, but they did it half ashed. When you hit the water going 60mph, you sink right to the bottom instantly-no hydroplane like in Huevos!. It is kind of lame. They got rid of the cool land-mine explosion sound when you try to go out of bounds. When you hit trees, and stuff, it does not wipe you out like it used to. (kinda cheezy I think)

I was hoping for actual shifting options such as hill climbing and mud bogging where you have to shift to do it.

I think the game industry is going downhill. They are all going through this phase where they are concerned about the sound, and graphics, but let the game play slack. Instead of improving stuff they actually go more juvenile with it. It is very dissappointing. ORF2 will really slow down and get choppy when you get all 5 quads on the screen in a whoop section, especially on the rainy levels. Sony (all the consoles actually) has made it so they only games that can even be produced are the ones for the little kids (target market you know).
I can see where this game will be a great party game like the first one, if you have a multi tap and huge screen.

I don't want total realism in a game (almost everyone knows you can't jump 227 feet, do 4 linked tricks, tilt, turn, land and live), but I would like to have the driving aspect a little more realistic than just holding the "go" button on all the time and steering a little bit. Some of the flying games use all the buttons, so I know it can be done and still be a good game.

The freestyle tricks are ok, and it is neat that they integrated it into the actual racing for your profile points.
Hitting mud and water is cool because the stuff sprays all over and your quad gets dirty, but the physics is lame. It think they just didn't care about that. Snoboarding games allow you to grind and slide rails and stuff. The hydroplane would not be much different than that. You would have to lean/keep the front end up etc. to do it on the ATV, and I think it would be fun.

The addition of the graphical starting gate was another half ashed improvement. They could have allowed you to jump the gun and tangle with the gate. I appreciate the starting gate, and I was excited to see it, but why not make it functional??? (too hard for the kids maybe?)

This game IS pretty fun, and worth buying. I hope they come out with ORF3, and make it a little more technical.

Sorry for the long rant (believe me, I could go on!). Maybe I am just a little dissappointed they did not consult me or even allow me to play test! :)

Guy400
11-29-2002, 05:11 AM
I just wish there were more tracks:(

SGA
11-29-2002, 07:38 AM
I bought the game and modem two days after it came out. Its not a bad game, but it leaves alot to be desired for a 2nd edition game. I also own the first game. I thought the developers could have done a better job, but they rushed it, to get it out by christmas. If you have played good games on the ps2, you know what i mean. The online play was the really big disappointment.
My son picked up Tony Hawk 4 at the same time, the online play is great. Multi users, real time chat in the ongoing game, you also can be just an observer and click on anyone playing in a online game and watch them and switch between the different players during a online game to watch them. You can play online all of the extra games on the disc (king of the hill, capture the flag, etc.)
When you sign on to the master server, there are dozens of ongoing games to choose from, or you can host your own game, name it what you want and wait for others to join, plus you have a buddy list to find online friends.
My point: Once you play Tony Hawk 4 online, you will see that the online play of Offroad Fury 2 Blows.

Comments and replies welcome

airheadedduner
11-29-2002, 11:31 AM
The gaming indurstry is not going downhill, it is bigger then ever.

4 player hockey is intense!!!!!! I love the game.

Ryan
11-29-2002, 11:45 AM
4 player hockey. D*mn I got to try that! I beat the game now and I still love playing it. I think it is awesome.

*I hope they make a 3rd one!" :D

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
11-29-2002, 05:41 PM
I like the Black Talon....but I would still say my favorite is the Nacs bike!That thing is just awesome!

airheadedduner
11-29-2002, 10:41 PM
For me its a tie between the CT and LSR bike. I wanted to like the Nac's(its fairly expensive) but it is just too squirly.

raptor_02
12-02-2002, 12:27 PM
I don't know what alot of u are talking about saying the game isn't any good. It's fricken awesome!!!!!!Big improvement from the first one. Yea it could use some improvement but what game couldn't use improvement. The online play is just going to get better. Series racing is starting up after christmas so that will be pretty cool. Overall I think the game is awesome!!!! Ever game website you look at atvfury2 has one of the best ratings. Overall the game is awesome!!!!!!

spincr4hire
12-02-2002, 01:25 PM
I admit I didn't like it as well as Fury 1 when I first played it, but now I LOVE it! 1/2 the music on there bites, but do as I do, turn the music volume down to 0%, and turn your cable channel to the DMX--Hard Rock station, it kicks asss !

skinrider440
12-02-2002, 01:54 PM
what's up with yamaha not letting them put they're quads on there i was sure they was gonna put a raptor on there cuz thet're so popular.

user101
12-02-2002, 02:34 PM
ive cant seem to find the modem anywhere. also my race bike is the k&k and my freestyle bike is the trinity banshee

Giz400ex
12-02-2002, 02:46 PM
If you haven't played the hockey yet..... you gotta do it!! Its fun and different!!! Overall, I thought it was a big improvment but I believe they should of made it a little harder!!! I usually played for about 2 hours a day for about a week and beat everything (golds) except the freestyle part!!

raptor_02
12-02-2002, 03:06 PM
you guys need to get online and play. You find someone on there as good as you you could race for hours!!!!!!!!!! Look at a local best buy for the online adapter. They should have one. Also as soon as you get an adapter purchase an keyboard, there a must.

trueblue450
12-02-2002, 03:13 PM
a multitap + a case of beer + 4 drunk guys playing atvorf 2 hockey = what a great game.

Tags not bad too.. weve done this the last 3 weekends.. great times.:D

shamisc
12-02-2002, 08:17 PM
Enter FLYPAPER as a cheat and you can't wreck. I think the B6000 is awesome!

12-02-2002, 08:31 PM
Any codes for fury 1??

Warrioreater400ex
12-02-2002, 09:25 PM
goah dangit!! i wish they would make games for more consoles! :grr however i knew it when i got my Xbox.... but i just love the 4 player action and the 2-32 system link abilities of halo and such other games as it! they shoulda made the PS2 with 4 controller ports! my friend got a multi-tap but theres only a few games we could find (007 for example) that you could use it with.... anyways the PS2 and the Xbox are both AWESOME consoles... but from my experiences... all i gotta say is.... poor gamecube:( :devil :macho

89'350RX
12-03-2002, 05:15 AM
The game is OK, I just don't understand why they don't offer the machines in a shifter mode. Shifting would make it much more competitive among others.

Hockey is a very fun and challenging game :)

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
12-03-2002, 12:06 PM
I agree about hte shifting that would be awesome!And it would make it harder!

Why do you need a keyboard?

I hope they come out with a ATV Off Road 3 where rthey have a shop where you can buy shocks,new wheeles, or what ever mods you want for the quad!

I CANT BEAT FREESTYLE!!!:grr

Giz400ex
12-03-2002, 02:57 PM
Has anybody unlocked the G-ride???

skinrider440
12-03-2002, 03:00 PM
yeah its pretty funny looking i think they should put hydro's on it like in huevos 1

raptor_02
12-03-2002, 03:32 PM
The only thing I feel they could change is mainly put all the quads on there. Raptor, kfx, Z, Predator, Blaze, and banshee. Also they should have kepth the warriors, blasters, and Polarises on there. But the main thing is unstead of unlocking a ravage and the B6000, they should have put a pro racers quad on there. Like Tim Farrs CRF450 or Jeremiah Jones 265R. I think that what have been cool. Also they should have the moto440 on there.

2fastandfurious
12-03-2002, 04:23 PM
I love this game. It rocks. Best ATV gam i've ever played
-Ben

appleman400ex
12-04-2002, 11:54 AM
fox racing gear is for people that dont know about any other type of clothing answare and shift are much better quality. plus all uniforms look the same in the game does it realy matter what the back looks like.

SlapNutz
12-04-2002, 11:57 AM
all looks good when im on mySHEE:macho

tryken
12-04-2002, 02:20 PM
It would be sweet if you could start out with a stock quad and earn profile points the purchase your own mods. I would also like to see some older atvs,atcs, lt500r etc.

PhilMoore
12-04-2002, 05:32 PM
Ya, that gee ride is funny. Its a pimped out Hispanic quad with gold plating. Do you like the "La Cu Caracha" music that plays when you hop back on it after a crash? :D

tbutler6
12-04-2002, 08:11 PM
the response from the suspension is awesome. I like how you have to time the jumps and lean like on a real quad. I gotta say though the online game setups are terrible you can't setup any custom games IE: EX riders or something and only have it set up for you and your friends like you could for socom. Still awesome though. on another note I believe the resident evils for the cube are some of the most insane games out.

bluebaron
12-04-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 250EX_extreme
theres only so much they do with a game

airheadedduner
12-04-2002, 11:21 PM
If you watch your guy(easiest to see on hockey) shifts the bike. It would be hard to make it to where you can shift your self, all the buttons are used. I guess if they took the left anolog stick and used it for shifts instead of panning the view it would work okay.

Racing Rice
12-05-2002, 07:26 AM
I personally think 2 is way better then one. Granted they could have done more, but then.. What would they do for 3 if it comes out.. ;)

Online play is a lot of fun. I wish you could play the multiplayer games online.. Like hockey, etc.. But thats okay.

The online gaming for most games right now is a littler weak, but wait itll only get better!:D

appleman400ex
12-05-2002, 10:03 AM
It wouldnt matter if you could switch gears it would never be realistic theres no clutch and even then you couldnt let out the clutch slowly.
But you should be able to go before they say start but then you get disqualafied so you would have to let out the clutch when they say go

raptor_02
12-05-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I personally think 2 is way better then one. Granted they could have done more, but then.. What would they do for 3 if it comes out.. ;)

Online play is a lot of fun. I wish you could play the multiplayer games online.. Like hockey, etc.. But thats okay.

The online gaming for most games right now is a littler weak, but wait itll only get better!:D WELL SAID, the online game pay for ATV FURY 2 is going to get way better. Go to www.atv2.tk , that's the official site for online play. It talks about series racing starting up after christmas.