View Full Version : Stock Rebuilds for MX

national425ex
05-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Just wondering how these hold up and are they worth the money. I know that for XC they are probably the best thing since sliced bread. I am running rebuilds right now on my race bike. But I have a few friends looking at rebuilds for MX. Please give your input.

jherbie28
05-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by national425ex
Just wondering how these hold up and are they worth the money. I know that for XC they are probably the best thing since sliced bread. I am running rebuilds right now on my race bike. But I have a few friends looking at rebuilds for MX. Please give your input.

there are a lot of people who run rebuilds and say they are better then some of the aftermarket companies, also alot of times you find that the customer service of a smaller shop is(for lack of a better word) BETTER. call colby at C&D he can answer any of your rebuild questions;)

who did your rebuilds on your bike? you probably have the best input for your friends knowing first hand how they feel

national425ex
05-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by jherbie28
there are a lot of people who run rebuilds and say they are better then some of the aftermarket companies, also alot of times you find that the customer service of a smaller shop is(for lack of a better word) BETTER. call colby at C&D he can answer any of your rebuild questions;)

who did your rebuilds on your bike? you probably have the best input for your friends knowing first hand how they feel

GT Thunder did my rebuilds on my XC Bike. I have never ridden his MX shocks, so I have no input there. But I really like GTT XC shocks. Maybe someone that has colbys shocks can chime in and give there input. I know he uses a triple rate front which sounds like it is more geared towards MX. I dont know though....

jherbie28
05-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by national425ex
GT Thunder did my rebuilds on my XC Bike. I have never ridden his MX shocks, so I have no input there. But I really like GTT XC shocks. Maybe someone that has colbys shocks can chime in and give there input. I know he uses a triple rate front which sounds like it is more geared towards MX. I dont know though....

colby did my rear shock one my ltr, duel rate with a derisi mx link. great set up in my opinion. im happy with it and dont have to worry about running a messy remote rezzy:D as my good buddy kev says.

TRX450RACER174
05-21-2008, 01:34 PM
My Derisi mx rebuilds were great no complaints at all Santo did a great job on them.

400exrider707
05-25-2008, 10:46 PM
I choose my C&D rebuilds with a GT Thunder linkage over anything else. It rides better than the majority (not all) of LT setups I've ridden. For the price I couldn't justify buying anything else. I have all three shocks setup for my weight on my quad with the GT MX linkage, and hi-flow pistons installed as well. Love it!

BlaineKaiser450
05-25-2008, 11:30 PM
I rode an 06 with GT Thunder rebuilds and it was almost as good as my LT motowoz. But not quiet :D

05-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
I rode an 06 with GT Thunder rebuilds and it was almost as good as my LT motowoz. But not quiet :D

was it set up for YOU though?