PDA

View Full Version : My new ramps pics

Wired
11-28-2002, 04:13 PM
well i dont have any action pics cause no one wanted to take any but i just got a few of how it sits right now. i think i made it a little too steep because if i hit it any faster then 3/4 3rd gear it feels like its bottoming out on the way up, so that sucks. but the good thing that came out of this was i have it at 40 feet exactly for the gap and i think i was getting higher then i did then bardstown. she sends ya straight up! i was just screwing around in front of my cousins and i did a superman to heelclicker so i think im getting plenty of hang time to nail some big tricks. well enjoy and tell me what you think. i know exactly what i have to do now to make an even better ramp!

Wired
11-28-2002, 04:14 PM
pic 2

Wired
11-28-2002, 04:14 PM
pic 3 she's a super kicker alright

Atreyu
11-28-2002, 04:17 PM
how long does it take you to make them?

Wired
11-28-2002, 04:17 PM
i'll probably be backing it up a few more feet but i think the design of the ramp wont allow it to go any farther then 55 feet max with the suspension giving. my next ramp will definatly have major improvements but hey hardly anyone gets their first ramps right on the money. always room for improvement

stocktires
11-28-2002, 04:18 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

I want one! :D

Wired
11-28-2002, 04:18 PM
this one if we wouldve been serious about it and not pist around most of the time im sure we could get one done in a day and a half if we had all material on hand. we just made this one over the weekends for 3 weeks. we didnt work too hard getting it together either :blah

Dan_Guetter
11-28-2002, 04:19 PM
i should put my tt 90 up that bad mother

then i'll show ya some (real) air!!!!

looks good!

i wish i spent my thanxgiving at home!!!!!!

this weekend we'll get some shots!!!!!!!!!

oh yea!!!!

Ryan
11-28-2002, 04:21 PM
Well I got a couple questions. What kind of shocks do you have. Did you do that ramp yourself and if you didn't how much would it cost for me to buy one? Im really looking to get one, IT would be awesome to try one of them. Be sure to get some action pictures when you have the time.

kicken250x
11-28-2002, 04:23 PM
What were you riding when you did the superman heel clicker? A quad? What is the angle at the top of that kicker? Cant wait to see some action pics of this one!!

Wired
11-28-2002, 04:25 PM
well i got TCS/Legacy Rino dual rates rated at 195 pounds up front then a stocker on rear but i think the front shocks are the ones bottoming out. we built this guy ourselves, with more less our own plan and we could probably get one out like this for right around $1000 give or take a few bucks depending on the material you want used and features you want on it. this ramp is a 2 section ramp, splits right in the middle, you can kinda see the crease. definately tomorrow we'll get some action pics if its nice.

yeah dan you shouldve came here, food was great and the action was even greater :devil :blah

Dan_Guetter
11-28-2002, 04:26 PM
one more thing, the ramp to jump pic looks small, but stand by that monster and it would look hudge, its just that pics are so decieving........can wait to see it for myself!!!!!!:devil

Wired
11-28-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
What were you riding when you did the superman heel clicker? A quad? What is the angle at the top of that kicker? Cant wait to see some action pics of this one!!

416ex just about stock too :eek: suspension wise

Wired
11-28-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by wiredmini
one more thing, the ramp to jump pic looks small, but stand by that monster and it would look hudge, its just that pics are so decieving........can wait to see it for myself!!!!!!:devil

dumb @ss you know how big it is, haha you couldnt even run up it lastnight without slipping on the way down :blah

Dan_Guetter
11-28-2002, 04:29 PM
hahhhahaa wise @ss

i can't help it im fat!!!!

i still haul though!!!:D

kicken250x
11-28-2002, 04:29 PM
Is that how steep it is? Or was he just drunk off his *****? lol j/k When do you think you will have some action pics?

Dan_Guetter
11-28-2002, 04:31 PM
i never drunk!!:blah

Wired
11-28-2002, 04:34 PM
Is that how steep it is? Or was he just drunk off his *****? lol j/k When do you think you will have some action pics?

tomorrow weather permitting. it got cold after awhile today because of the sweat and the cold air but tomorrow is suppose to be alittle better i guess :) well we originally designed the ramp to be 45 degrees so i think its a little steeper then that :eek:

kicken250x
11-28-2002, 04:35 PM
Me neither!!! :D "I'm not as think as you drunk I am!":huh :huh

Ryan
11-28-2002, 04:35 PM
HAHA, thats funny. Thats a nice ramp and I see what you mean about the crease and how it shouts up. I have done that with my quad coming up fast on a jump and then when you hit it, it just throws you in the air and kind of feels like it preloads for you. And could you make a ramp out of alot of wood? I think im gonna make a ramp eventually whenever I get my "Stuff" Striaght and I was wondering if wood wouldn't be a bad ideah. I wouldn't have to have it as big as that but something similar to that.

MILF_HUNTER
11-28-2002, 04:37 PM
hey wired the steepness of your ramp, how is it compared to wes's freeride technology ramp? wes mentioned that it was the exact specs of the x-games ramps. im curious to know because i am building a ramp using fmxramps.com plans for a rev-1 only 6'5 feet wide. thanks for the input.

Wired
11-28-2002, 04:37 PM
completely out of wood? man i dont know if thats a good idea. but i guess if its small enough and not that great of an angle it probably would hold up, but if it was somewhat steep im not sure if the wood could take all the stress of the quad and rider. make sure you support the he!! out of it if you do haha

Wired
11-28-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by MILF_HUNTER
hey wired the steepness of your ramp, how is it compared to wes's freeride technology ramp? wes mentioned that it was the exact specs of the x-games ramps. im curious to know because i am building a ramp using fmxramps.com plans for a rev-1 only 6'5 feet wide. thanks for the input.

well this is the best comparison i can make.

in bardstown i was jumping the ramp there 3/4 3rd gear and going over60 feet.

this jump when i go 3/4 or even higher in 3rd im lucky to clear 50 feet. i cased it once today and kinda hurt but no big deal, just hit it faster the next time and thats when i felt the bottoming out feeling so it scared me a bit and decided to move it closer. i definatly feel more hangtime then i got in bardstown. so thats a + :) oh well now i gotta super kicker :blah can you say backflip??? yea i doubt it

kicken250x
11-28-2002, 04:41 PM
Do you have any back supports on that ramp? It seems that when you hit it at about 45 MPH it would flip over? :confused: :confused: :confused:

MILF_HUNTER
11-28-2002, 04:43 PM
thanks for the reply wired. fmxramps.com's rev-1 is made for about 65 feet on a dirt bike. im hoping to get my gap to about that by the end of the summer on my 250r. so i think im goin in the right direction.

Ryan
11-28-2002, 04:44 PM
Well I want to do it the cheep way. lol. I just need something just to mess around on. It is alot of money to build it out of steel but thats what I would rather do. My best bet is just to make it out of dirt. Im to cheep to get a nice fancy ramp anyway! :D . And how heavy is that ramp about?

Derek
11-28-2002, 04:45 PM
that thing is fugging SWEET!!!

QuadTrix6
11-28-2002, 04:55 PM
must be scary to jump it for the first time, not knowing how far its gonna throw you :devil

Wired
11-28-2002, 04:58 PM
Do you have any back supports on that ramp? It seems that when you hit it at about 45 MPH it would flip over? :confused: :confused: :confused:

its HEAVY! so im not worried about it flipping over. its 23 feet long so thats alot to flip over. it takes about 5 guys to lift the main part itself so we just use a skid steer to move it around. its so sturdy though, i didnt feel any give in the ramp and thats what you want to feel is no give. so im confident in the design but i think its just too steep for bigger gaps but hey a super kicker is always nice to have when your on them dont want to fly far days but still want to bust big :D

Wired
11-28-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix66
must be scary to jump it for the first time, not knowing how far its gonna throw you :devil

yea even at 20 feet if was scary. i was jumping it in 2nd gear at first then moved it back 10 feet at a time. first time i jumped it in 3rd i cased it though :blah sore back lol

Ryan
11-28-2002, 05:06 PM
Thats whats nice about the ramp. You can move your jump around to get it the way you like it :)

MILF_HUNTER
11-28-2002, 05:07 PM
yea moving it around is awsome
when i finish my ramp and get good and comfortable on it. im move it off to an angle for a day and just hit it like a transfer. go for some big whips:blah :macho

Live2Ride300
11-28-2002, 05:07 PM
Wow, that just is awesome. How much air do you think your getting off of it? It must feel like your up there forever, lol.

Ryan
11-28-2002, 05:11 PM
yeah just make sure you can do that whip, lol. I got to get me one of these ramps it seems as im missing all the fun!!!!

Wired
11-28-2002, 05:20 PM
well my brother said its a good 30 feet but i dont know. he counted 6 seconds of air time. but thats not very accurate, we'll have to time it. but it does feel like im just floating. its cool.

it doesnt look to impressing i know, because the gap is only 40 feet but im not kidding about how high i go. i think it will work just fime for me, gaps arent everything ;) they are nice though haha

Sparks425Ex
11-28-2002, 05:26 PM
That is a sweet ramp. I can't believe that you are doing that on stock rear shocks. I can;t wait for some action pics. That is gonna be so sweet.

Nice ramp.

stocktires
11-28-2002, 05:26 PM
dang jon, you got plans for a better suspension set-up?
Thats crazy that everything is holding up just fine with all the sick things you do on ur quad!

Wired
11-28-2002, 05:44 PM
yea as soon as i work out all the details with wes miller next week i'll have a totally different setup, maybe even different ride ;)

stocktires
11-28-2002, 05:48 PM
250r...............250r................250r..... :D

MILF_HUNTER
11-28-2002, 05:50 PM
250r...............250r................250r.....

i couldnt agree more

Wired
11-28-2002, 05:50 PM
my brother has a 250r, i like the 416 better for jumping. more all around power and throttle control. dont have to worry for the powerband to kick in. i'll probably stick with a 4 banger from here on out

NTPRacing#19
11-28-2002, 05:57 PM
yeah Wired def dont change to a 2 stroke, requires a totally different riding style!! stick with your guns. that ramp looks like its more than 40 degrees pretty steep. you should fabricate a one around 40 degress for 60 footers and bigger things. Looks nice tho!!!!! i cant wait till i get my hands on one or even build one.

Ryan
11-28-2002, 06:04 PM
Yeah I wouldn't switch from running the 4-stroke to the 2-stroke. It takes time to get used to that. I ride 2-strokes witch I want to switch to 4-strokes since thats all its gonna be soon and their are real nice 4-strokers out there now! Its gonna be some change for me.

Derek
11-28-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
250r...............250r................250r..... :D

no way!!!Plus i dont think jon will ever switch.

bigz-71
11-28-2002, 06:16 PM
man thats cool. i want to see some pics of you jumping it. i bet you are getting a ton of air. that got to be a rush. i am giving you two thumbs up for the ramp. nice.

stocktires
11-28-2002, 06:17 PM
The main reason I was thinkin an R is cuz there much lighter and can be much stronger.
But since you dont like the idea of an R.......................

C-DALE...................C-DALE....................C-DALE!!! :devil

Rip_Tear
11-28-2002, 06:23 PM
Nice ramp WiredCinqmars! I rather dirt jumps but, a ramp is a good idea, plenty of dirt and machinery around here so I dont think I will build a ramp any time soon.