PDA

View Full Version : tire and rim(beadlock) suggestions

Titanium
05-20-2008, 10:41 PM
well im looking into buying some new tires and rims. so far im leaning towards getting a set of Hiper beadloacks on the rear and hiper non beadlocks up front with Maxxis M932's mx on the rear and 931's up front. also what would you guys suggest on with and tire size. i was thinking about 18 or 19's in the rear and 20's up front for sure. but im not sure what to go with for width.

Titanium
05-21-2008, 11:20 PM
BUMP!

leveldrummer
05-22-2008, 01:42 PM
do you have any work done to the engine? a wider tire will give you much more traction, but you will also need a little more motor to turn it over compared to a thinner tire, if your debating between 10 and 11 inch tires, i dont think the one inch will make that much of a difference.

as for diameter, 18 inch tires will be quicker on bottom end, but could also spin a little easier.

it all really boils down to what the track conditions are and what kinda racing your planning on doing. if your just getting new tires for fun and trail riding, i would go with something larger to improve ground clearance as much as possible.

Titanium
05-24-2008, 09:15 PM
i know what size im wanting im just asking what tire has a good reputation. i dont want something that im goin to tear up the first day i take them to the track.

yfzrider45
05-25-2008, 07:34 AM
I have hipers up front and in rear(but i have singlebeadlock in front) and ride track, trails, open feilds, and sand pitts....I think there the best wheels around!! for tires i have holeshot MXR6's in the rear, NOTHING COMPARES TO THEM.....and the MXR6's front suck!!! maybe get the quadcross for the front....

(this is my bike before i parted it out)

Grant1699
05-25-2008, 10:38 PM
i know this is off topic.. but how do u like ur nmotion exhaust?