PDA

View Full Version : Aceelerator pumps

Zahachee
05-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Are aftermarket items like a quick shot accelerator pump really worth it? If the carb is jetted properly i cant see why any more volume of fuel would need to be pushed into the cylinder...any comments?

Thanks

05-21-2008, 12:22 AM
the quick shot is not worth it...the same effect can be had with a 55 leak jet...have you noticed a bog when you go from almost closed to almost open throttle? that is too big of a leak jet allowing the fuel in the acc pump to be expelled too quickly, causing a momentary learn condition

Zahachee
05-21-2008, 11:50 AM
well with the hrc kit the bog when i punch the throttle is pretty well all gone. My bud has a yfz and he says the quickshot helped him a lot...i personaly think he wasted his money. i was just curious if jetting it properly was the way to go, and it apparently is...
thanks

05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
the yfz's bog is different...i have a buddy with the same problem on his yfz...the leak jet did not help him...

Civicssuck
05-23-2008, 11:23 AM
I did it for ****s and giggles. Didn't buy the quickshot, bought a cheaper one.

Did notice a difference, but it was before the HRC kit.

Really would like the FCR carb if anything.

05-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Civicssuck
I did it for ****s and giggles. Didn't buy the quickshot, bought a cheaper one.

Did notice a difference, but it was before the HRC kit.

Really would like the FCR carb if anything.

If you have an 06 you have a FCR carb stock.

liledg
05-23-2008, 10:18 PM
yea fcr carb is the hot ticket, if u want more get it bored out.

GIXXER1KR
05-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Dont waste your money on the quickshot get this!!!
http://www.motocrossgiant.com/R_D_Power_Pump_p/59-1000.htm

SHIFTx450
05-27-2008, 09:27 AM
i gotta 06er, 185 main, 55 leak jet, yzf needle 5th clip down, full 05 curtis sparks, hrc wiring harness thing at the rev box (eliminates green wire), and the thing rips.. i still had a very slight bog on some occasions.. i just put a quickshot 2 on it, and still on occasion there might be the tiniest bog, but theres an increase in throttle response, and more power.. i like it..

also, i purchased a mergeap accel. pump spring.. anyone heard of these?? is there gonna be an increase in anything if i put it in?? it looks like a little bit of a hassle to do for nothing.. i only bought the thing cuz it was 15 bucks, and i was like, ahh, what the hell