PDA

View Full Version : Breezewood this weekend - who's going and racing?

quad2xtreme
05-20-2008, 08:46 PM
All,

If you haven't heard, there is racing under the lights on the main track at Breezewood Saturday evening.

The good news this year is staggered starts with some of the classes to make sure there is time to run 2 motos for everyone.

I just started racing in the 40+ class and hoping there are a few other older guys that are going to be there too. If not, I guess I will be running with the young guys. I will say that I never really wanted to race much as it seemed like a whole lot of waiting around for a few laps. I've since changed my mind. There is nothing like the thrill of being on the starting line as you get ready to launch. The more you come out, the more people you meet who end up being your friends.

Work is getting busy for me so it looks like I will be there Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I was planning to be there Friday too but it isn't looking good right now.

/Jon

outacontrol
05-21-2008, 05:16 AM
Me and a couple guys will be there, not gonna race though. Just bought a 08 ltr, and this will be my first ride on it. looks like good weather!

dan harris
05-21-2008, 05:24 AM
Things are looking great here for this weekend. Tracks are in awesome shape and the weather man calls for temps in the 70's and no chance of rain.

All tracks will be open for practice all day satuday. The big track will close at 4pm to get it ready for the races. The intermediate track will close at 5pm for pit bike and kids racing thats being put on by 2up racing. Racer sign ups start at 2pm and will end at 4pm. Racing will be from 5pm until finished. 2 moto format, 5 laps per class.

We will have two 300 classes and two 400 classes! There will be an A - B and C class for 450's.

this will be a great weekend to camp out at the park, plenty of room for tents and Rv's. There will be a free pig roast on Sunday and we encourage you to donate a dish.

I look forward to a huge quad turnout.

wvspeedfreak
05-21-2008, 06:17 AM
Hey Dan,check your pm's please :)

jesseweaver
05-21-2008, 06:12 PM
i think ill be there. looks like a lot of fun. couple questions though...

what time will the track open saturday morning? i need to get a lot of practice in because ive never riden there yet.

do my parents have to be there? im 16 and if they drop me off in the morning and sign the necessary papers, can they leave?

with the 400 classes, does that mean under 400cc or is 416 cool?

jesseweaver
05-21-2008, 06:15 PM
also, is there any extra charge for racing? or is it just the $40 for riding for the day? $40 is pretty steep....:ermm: were already payin $70 for gas

quad2xtreme
05-21-2008, 06:34 PM
count yourself lucky...costing me $285 in diesel fuel to get there and back...of course, I am spreading this across 4 days of riding so it works out okay on a daily basis.

gotta pay to play. ;)

my88r
05-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
costing me $285 in diesel fuel to get there and back...of course, I am spreading this across 4 days of riding so it works out okay on a daily basis.

gotta pay to play. ;)

thats not going to put a hole in your bank. after seeing all your stuff. :devil:

dan harris
05-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Yes racing is extra, your first class is $40 and any additional classes are $20.

Jon's right you gotta pay to play, my diesel bill is two grand a month. The lights alone for this race are over 3 grand. Trust me I'm not doin' it for the money.

I'm doin' it for the fun and thats what this weekend is gonna be all about. I look forward to riding with everyone.

flyboy62
05-22-2008, 01:22 PM
i will be down there friday night saturday , sunday and mabey alittle of monday

Sportrax10
05-22-2008, 01:40 PM
What will be going on Monday?

I am off work, and hopefully I will be able to come out and ride.

(On a quad for the first time in a couple of years) :blah:

quad2xtreme
05-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
What will be going on Monday?

I am off work, and hopefully I will be able to come out and ride.

(On a quad for the first time in a couple of years) :blah:

Nothing special happening on Monday except it is a 3 day weekend. Most people are off from work on Monday.

jherbie28
05-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
also, is there any extra charge for racing? or is it just the $40 for riding for the day? $40 is pretty steep....:ermm: were already payin $70 for gas

hey bud $40 is cheap to ride for the day anywhere else you go your looking $60+ dan has the best accomadation(sp) you can ask for. not bashing ya dude just relize dan does more for his riders then anyone around by far. this place will blow your mind:D hope you have a great time and keep on comming, bring your friends:devil:

good luck on the race and be safe;)