PDA

View Full Version : Tie-rod end recommendations?

dwhst9
05-20-2008, 08:23 PM
I need new tie-rod ends for our Scrambler 90. Who makes good ends at a reasonable price?

dcarter
05-21-2008, 03:39 AM
One easy set up is to go to 3/8 heims and new tie rods. the 3/8 heims are stronger and can be picked up most any where race car parts are. If you need help you can pm me or look me up at the pa national this weekend. thanks dave

dwhst9
05-21-2008, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by dcarter
One easy set up is to go to 3/8 heims and new tie rods. the 3/8 heims are stronger and can be picked up most any where race car parts are. If you need help you can pm me or look me up at the pa national this weekend. thanks dave

I haven't looked at the new tie rods you sent me with my a-arms last week. Will they work with 3/8" heims?

dwhst9
05-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Any race shops around the South Hills of Pittsburgh? I'm not aware of any.

dwhst9
06-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Polaris only sells their tierod ends as an entire assembly (includes tierods). I guess I'll have to look on ebay.

BradLoomis
06-05-2008, 01:32 PM
I have stock tierod ends that came off of our bikes when I put my carbon fiber tie rods on. The stock polaris ends are the wrong type, but the drr's are the right style. If you want some, let me know. I would have sent them earlier, but I can't send aything for about a week as I am not home right now.

dwhst9
06-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by BradLoomis
The stock polaris ends are the wrong type, but the drr's are the right style.

What do you mean exactly?

BradLoomis
06-05-2008, 09:59 PM
My carbon fiber tierods use " Yamaha - DRR" style rod ends that have a male stud coming out of them and thread into the hollow tie rod tube. Polaris mini's use "Honda" style rod ends that have a female threaded hole in them that the male threaded tie rod threads into.

I have all of the stock female rod ends with the stock male tie rods from all of our Predator 90's.

dwhst9
06-06-2008, 05:42 AM
I have all of the stock female rod ends with the stock male tie rods from all of our Predator 90's.

I will take 4 of your stock Predator tie-rod ends. Give me a price and I'll PayPal you the payment. Please make sure you send 2 inner and 2 outer :)

I will be sending your other package back to you when I go down to Mike's to pick up my parts.

BradLoomis
06-06-2008, 10:45 AM
No problem Dave! I think I have a couple Polaris tierods that I had wrapped in carbon fiber that I will send you. Remember that I am not going to be able to send this till after next week, cause I am away on business.

dwhst9
06-06-2008, 11:16 AM
No problem Dave! I think I have a couple Polaris tierods that I had wrapped in carbon fiber that I will send you. Remember that I am not going to be able to send this till after next week, cause I am away on business.

No problem, I'm hoping to start assembling the 90 this weekend sometime and through next week. I just need the tierod ends as I have the longer tierods for the +3 a-arms already.

BradLoomis
06-06-2008, 11:22 AM
OK