PDA

View Full Version : Quad Terrain and Enduro Cross Racing Reborn

56x
05-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Attention Quad Terrain Racers and Enduro Cross Racers and Fans;
Since the fall of WPSA I have been in search of a new series as I am a Quad Terrain Racer. I’ve contacted many places and found a track that wants to run either a series or weekend event. The track is an indoor arena outside of the Twin Cities (Minneapolis & St. Paul) in New Richmond, WI. It is a new indoor arena next to a 3/8 mile dirt track where the dirt tract hosts events like World of Outlaws, late models, modifieds, ect. races Saturday nights, so they know a thing or two about racing. The dirt track is called Cedar Lake Speedway (www.cedarlakespeedway.com) and the arena is called Sandbox Arena (www.sandboxarena.com) I have been talking to the track co-owner Rob Murphy (not related to Rick Murphy) and he wants more input from racers and fans who want to attend so he knows weather or not to pursue this event or series.
It will be set up either like an Enduro Cross or Quad Terrain Race. It is early yet so no rules, classes or anything has been established.
Jennifer Rath from Rath Racing said the team will attend if there are no schedule conflicts with any other series. Jesse West from West Racing and Factory Arctic Cat Racer also said the same.
So if you want to race or see Quad Terrain or Enduro Cross again please email or phone Rob Murphy at info@sandboxarena.com or 715-248-4755 track or 651-755-0017 cell. Rob wants to know how many want to race and watch.
Looks like for scheduling between OMA, GNC, GNCC June 14, July 19 & 26, August 2, 16, & 23, and September 6 will all work for a race at the sandbox arena.
So it’s up to the racers and fans to decide if they want to see Quad Terrain or Enduro Cross Racing. All you have to do is contact Rob Murphy. I’ll do what I can, but I need your help.
Thank You,

56x
05-29-2008, 09:30 PM
I talked to Rob Murphy today. Tentatively the dates for the Quad Terrain series will be the weekends of; July 19, August 23, and September 6. It will be a series and champions will be named at the end as well as a manufactures championship. There would be more races but with GNC, GNCC, and OMA there are only a few dates left. So far for rules everyone will have a tether cord and either nerf bars or full floor boards. There will be a purse for both Pro classes (Utility and Sport) unlike other series.
We are working on classes and could use input from those only who plan on attending. Please PM me with helpful input. We where thinking something like this;
▪ Utility (4X4)
o Pro Open (there will be a purse for this class)
o Amateur A over 500cc four stroke, over 300cc two stroke
o Amateur B over 500cc four stroke, over 300cc two stroke
o Amateur C over 500cc four stroke, over 300cc two stroke
o Amateur A up to 500cc four stroke, under 300cc two stroke
o Amateur B up to 500cc four stroke, under 300cc two stroke
o Amateur C up to 500cc four stroke, under 300cc two stroke
o Vet Open over 50yrs
o Women Open
o Beginner up to 400cc four stroke, under 250cc two stroke

▪ Sport (2X4)
o Pro Open (there will be a purse for this class)
o Amateur A over 450cc four stroke, over 265cc two stroke
o Amateur B over 450cc four stroke, over 265cc two stroke
o Amateur C over 450cc four stroke, over 265cc two stroke
o Amateur A under 450cc four stroke, under 265cc two stroke
o Amateur B under 450cc four stroke, under 265cc two stroke
o Amateur C under 450cc four stroke, under 265cc two stroke
o Vet Open over 50yrs
o Women Open
o Beginner under 350 four stroke, under 200cc two stroke
There will be more information coming soon!

56x
06-12-2008, 03:18 PM
The Quad Terrain Racing Series has an official name which now is the Polaris Ultimate Quad Terrain Series presented by Amsoil. Carlisle Belts also has decided to support the Amateur A class riders in the Utility division, by donating a free drive belt to the winners. We are currently working with other sponsors to increase the Pro purse and amateur prizes. There will be an optional practice session on Friday nights and a practice session on Saturday mornings.
There are only three hotels in New Richmond, WI (AmericInn 715-246-3993, Riverfront Inn 715-246-4606, and Super 8 715-246-7829) and rooms are filling up fast in New Richmond, WI. Otherwise Hudson, WI and Stillwater, MN are only a ½ hour away and have many hotels in those towns.
Check out the website for up to date information.
www.sandboxarena.com

56x
07-14-2008, 02:35 PM
I want to thank everyone for their interest and look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

The weekend schedule is:
Friday:
Track walk from 6:00-6:30PM, Open Practice 6:30-9:30PM, Pits close at 10:00PM
Saturday:
Sign up and pits Open at 8:00AM, Practice at 9:00AM, Racing at 11:00AM, Pits close one hour after the last race.
Sunday:
Pits Open at 7:00 AM, Practice at 8:00AM, Racing at 10:00AM, Pro finals at approx. 2:00PM

Directions:

Do not take the Stillwater Lift Bridge as it will be closed this weekend for repairs.

From the North:
From Highway 95 (St. Croix Trail), turn at the Osceola exit and travel over the bridge into Wisconsin. Turn right at Highway 35. Follow Highway 35 until you come to County Road H; take a left. Follow County Road H until you come to County Road CC; take a right. Take a left onto Old Mill Rd. Travel one tenth of a mile, then take a left into the main pit entrance, the building is on the right.

From the West:
Take Highway 94 East to the first Hudson exit (Highway 35). Follow Highway 35 North until you come to Highway 64; take a right. Travel approximately 7.5 miles on Highway 64 going East and then take the Highway 35 North Exit. At the top of the exit ramp, turn left. Cross the bridge and travel approximately 1/5 of a mile and turn right on County Road C. Follow Cty Road C for approximately 5 miles and turn left on County Road CC. Travel approximately one mile. Take a right onto Old Mill Rd. Travel one tenth of a mile, then take a left into the main pit entrance, the building is on the right.

From the East:
Take Highway 94 West to the Baldwin exit (Highway 63). Follow Highway 63 North until you come to Highway 64; take a left onto Highway 64 until you come to Highway 65; take a right onto Highway 65 north; follow Highway 65 north until you come to County Road C; follow County Road C until County Road CC and turn right onto County Road CC. Travel approximately one mile. Take a right onto Old Mill Rd. Travel one tenth of a mile, then take a left into the main pit entrance, the building is on the right.

Thank you everyone!

Remember we will be racing rain or shine, since we are indoors.