PDA

View Full Version : MX to flat track set up

rollie
05-20-2008, 04:48 PM
this saturday im going to be practicing all day saturday (MX) then im going to b racing flat track saturday night, the next morning is my acually race (MX), so what can i do rather quickly to set my bike up for TT from a full MX set up? im going to throw the flat track tires/wheels on there then let some air out of my floats to lower the front end down,, the rear ends already pretty low, i was thinking maybe putting the stock rear shock back on, not sure if it would fit but i have a JB superlink so if it did it would lower it aloooot, also probably causing me to have to adjust the chain, which i dont what to do twice in one night, so what else can i do for a quick make-shift TT set-up? haha thanks guys

honda4life72
05-20-2008, 06:25 PM
lower threw the shocks until your about 5-6 inches off the ground in the middle of the frame . are u going to run a swaybar?if not i would run the floats done to where they wouldn't roll real bad

rollie
05-20-2008, 07:25 PM
no sway bar, yeah im going to try and lower the ride height as low as possible and set the shocks up stiff, i might just leave the reat end alone because it sits pretty low already

this is my first try at flat track so interested to see if its a good time:cool:

honda4life72
05-21-2008, 02:43 PM
it would be alot easyer with a swaybar u would like it more. u can take the coners 100 times faster lol. good luck and let us know how it goes. also trie to get as much weight transfer from front to rear as u can. not to much tho

rollie
05-21-2008, 03:25 PM
anybody know where i can buy some Flat track tires and wheels online?

hotrodbelair
05-21-2008, 03:53 PM
www.boubin.com thats where i get mine from i live in wisconsin it takes a day or two for them to get here and wheels i bought from magicracing.com you can go on americanraceronline.com and find a distributer thats close to you to buy tires.

patrickj75
05-21-2008, 04:52 PM
if the track is slick and/or has dust on it, soften up the rear shock as much as you can to transfer weight to the rear tires. with the longer mx swingarm you'll have a tougher time hooking up. if you get into flattrack i'll be selling two pairs of 10x10 rear hipers next week.

honda4life72
05-21-2008, 06:03 PM
if this is your first race and such , just run the knobby tire class with your mx setup. its ot going to be much fun trying to keep up with no swaybar and a +1.25 swingarm it isn't going to want to slid.

rollie
05-21-2008, 06:27 PM
theres no knobby class here

honda4life72
05-21-2008, 06:29 PM
well that suxs. i got a swaybar i'll sell u for 125 buxs

rollie
05-21-2008, 06:30 PM
haha thanks for the offer but i need to get some tires first!

INFAMOUSRACER7
05-22-2008, 11:28 AM
i ran tt with my mx setup and blew the open class away. just lower your ride height pressure to around 18psi-22psi and then run your evol at 200+ psi . then depending on what rear shock you have to lower your ride height with it just take 5 or 6 turns out of the pre load. all you really need is rear tires most places will let you run mx fronts