PDA

View Full Version : Hard Shifting<tons Of Play In The Sifter

jons426ex
05-20-2008, 04:47 PM
i was rideing my 450 the other day and went to down shift, it wouldnt go down.....i had to pull up on the shiftert befor it would down shift....

also theres crazy play in the shifter....the just the lever but the whole shaft....and it just pops in an out of gear even without the clutch ingagded has anyone had this problem....eastcoast atv said it could be the shift fork.

any ideas???? mutch appreciated

jons426ex
05-21-2008, 02:17 PM
no one???

armysig
05-22-2008, 01:41 PM
You might have snapped your shift pin...

If so this can be fixed and you're quad will run fine again.

Before you tear your engine apart, check out this video that NormalZ and I produced.

Tom (NormalZ) explains every thing you need to know about this repair and gives a few other explinations on what other problems that happen with the shifter.

Shift pin video (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=344551)

I have heard that the 2008 engine is slightly different than the 06 and 07's, so if you install the shift pin relocator make sure you purchase the correct one per model year. The install will be the same.

Bkillerp
06-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Defiantly sounds like the shift pin. When you tear it down take a good look at your case and make sure you didn't crack it. That can be typical of breaking the shiftpin. If your warenty is good, they will cover the case if cracked.

ARMYSIG:

What is your MOS? I'm just curious, I was ARMY Signal as well. I was a 31U.