PDA

View Full Version : houser steering stem ???

WB450r
05-20-2008, 12:43 PM
for those that have a houser steering stem

how much difference is there between house steering stem and the stock steering stem...as for handling

and what is the anti-vibe handlebar clamp??

i was looking at getting one but need to no if it is a good buy or not...

btw i race mx

THANX

05-20-2008, 01:26 PM
I bought my Lonestar stem so if I crash hard it doesn't bend. I don't know about the handling part.

kbass24emtp
05-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Make sure you get the reduced bump steer stem. I noticed an improvement after putting it on. The most notibable difference was arm fatigue. After the new stem, I could ride harder and longer before my arms got too tired. Do you have a-arms, because the stem compliments their a-arms as far as handling. I don't know how big of an improvement you will see with the stem and stock a-arms. Give Houser a call, they are really helpful and will be able to give you the info you need.

WB450r
05-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by kbass24emtp
Make sure you get the reduced bump steer stem. I noticed an improvement after putting it on. The most notibable difference was arm fatigue. After the new stem, I could ride harder and longer before my arms got too tired. Do you have a-arms, because the stem compliments their a-arms as far as handling. I don't know how big of an improvement you will see with the stem and stock a-arms. Give Houser a call, they are really helpful and will be able to give you the info you need.

which steering stem has the reduced bump steer stem??

as for a arms i have smc +3 lt

THANX

kbass24emtp
05-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Here is a link.
http://www.houser-racing.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=Honda%3ATRX450R+%28200 4-05%29:Steering+Stems

WB450r
05-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by kbass24emtp
Here is a link.
http://www.houser-racing.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=Honda%3ATRX450R+%28200 4-05%29:Steering+Stems

thanks

kbass24emtp
05-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Just FYI if you have or are getting a steering stablizer, the Houser stem is smaller in diameter than the stock Honda stem. I think it is the same size as a YFZ, but don't take my work on that. Just tell who ever you buy a stablizer from you have the Houser stem. They will point you in the right direction.